'CONFIRMED' Judging panel

Comments

• shaneomaxshaneomax Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah - the music industry has been on a steady decline over the last couple of years and I can see 2017 being mostly streaming, paid for sales are declining month after month - whether you come from XF or not, I don't know anyone selling millions worldwide except for Adele .

Look at the selling figures for artists these days - Most barely even scraping 30k first week album sales, only a select few who have had a few years to gain a fanbase and marketed well - streaming has taken over a lot, it's not just acts of XF who have to worry, Unfortunately sales really are tragic and really The only way labels make any proper money is through merchandise and tours, royalties and albums a little, It goes way beyond the top 40
    You have a point, but there are other artists selling millions worldwidd tho, coldplay and taylor swift for example. No doubt the sales of the music industry have declined a lot. But this does not change the fact that x factor is nowhere near as big as it was 5 years ago, the viewing figures / sales figures speak for themselves.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope that Columbia will be adding Fleur to teir artists page very soon.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Hope that Columbia will be adding Fleur to teir artists page very soon.

whats that got to do with this thread ?
  • KatEndersKatEnders Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the live show stage is like the 2004-2005 one with the huge X that would look good with this years branding.
  • Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »

It was a mistake, hes put it in the right thread now. calm down
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shaneomax wrote: »
    I was talking about success From a music perspective only. I mean x factor is a competition to find a recording artist afterall. The fact people like Rylan got so far only ruined the shows credibility.

I agree. It annoys me that idiots like Rylan can go and prance around on the XF for a few weeks and build a TV career out of it.

Musically, the really big success stories to me are Leona Lewis, One Direction and Little Mix, with smaller but still successful careers from JLS, Alexandra Burke, Olly Murs. Cher Lloyd and Ella Henderson. I don't know why this happens though as each series has had plenty of talent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    +1 LETS try and keep this thread on topic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. It annoys me that idiots like Rylan can go and prance around on the XF for a few weeks and build a TV career out of it.

Musically, the really big success stories to me are Leona Lewis, One Direction and Little Mix, with smaller but still successful careers from JLS, Alexandra Burke, Olly Murs. Cher Lloyd and Ella Henderson. I don't know why this happens though as each series has had plenty of talent.
    You are so right when you say each series has had talent there is absolutely no doubt about that. Im all for shows finding talent out there and when Xfactor was fresh and new it really was a good platform for aspiring artists to have a shot, well it was, WAS. I find it frustrating to watch the show now because it is not about talent anymore IMHO they need to scrap it and find a new format, even a new show, because its basically the same thing every year and even Simon Cowell is losing patience too (probably due to the fact of poor sales) and he is blatantly picking favourites and backing them/creating propaganda in order to get what he wants from the show. It was a lot better years back. You know when TRUE TALENT AND MUSIC come together it can be magical. I have not seen that magic in a long, long time.
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    +1 LETS try and keep this thread on topic.

here here
  • SG87SG87 Posts: 236
    Forum Member

The number of acts they have have in the charts is quite limited because although it's big, the viewer base is limited which probably means it's the same sorts of people buying records. If you look at the trajectory of the careers, they tend to tail off when the 'next' one comes along. They have never all been big at the same time. JLS and Leona are two good examples, both replaced in the charts by 1D and Alexandra. Then Alexandra was herself replaced and a few females down the line we currently have Fleur. The only exceptions tend to be Little Mix and Olly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well yes we have Fleur and of course Louisa now, she's young and fresh though were still waiting on her material, my guess is Simon will do the same for her as hes done with Fleur, even Reggie and Bollie have their song in an advert - seems to be the SYCO way now.

It depends who Simon is willing to fork out money on, and I think with the winners, theyve never really been ones hes personally wanted accept a few like Leona and Alexandra. though I do think its utterly ridiculous that he drops the winner after a year, its almost guaranteed. he should try keeping the winner and nurturing them, though he will probably do this with Louisa.

Anyone know if Tamera is bringing out her music anytime soon?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well yes we have Fleur and of course Louisa now, she's young and fresh though were still waiting on her material, my guess is Simon will do the same for her as hes done with Fleur, even Reggie and Bollie have their song in an advert - seems to be the SYCO way now.

It depends who Simon is willing to fork out money on, and I think with the winners, theyve never really been ones hes personally wanted accept a few like Leona and Alexandra. though I do think its utterly ridiculous that he drops the winner after a year, its almost guaranteed. he should try keeping the winner and nurturing them, though he will probably do this with Louisa.

Anyone know if Tamera is bringing out her music anytime soon?
    You have mentioned 6 acts here from the X factor, of them all only Leona and Alex can stake a claim to being successful recording artists from this show. The other 4 are classic examples of the shows demise. Tamera has no career. Fleur has not even started after almost 2 years, Reggie and Bollie were good TV but thats where it ends and Louisa is probably going to get dropped within a year. Is it jst me or has the xfactor become a rip off? The winner is promised a recording contract..but as I have said previously, simply getting signed is only 20% of the battle, the real battle is getting backing from your label and selling music.
    Forum Member
    You have mentioned 6 acts here from the X factor, of them all only Leona and Alex can stake a claim to being successful recording artists from this show. The other 4 are classic examples of the shows demise. Tamera has no career. Fleur has not even started after almost 2 years, Reggie and Bollie were good TV but thats where it ends and Louisa is probably going to get dropped within a year. Is it jst me or has the xfactor become a rip off? The winner is promised a recording contract..but as I have said previously, simply getting signed is only 20% of the battle, the real battle is getting backing from your label and selling music.

going slightly off-topic here but i didn't see the post you had replied to as i have that particular user on ignore but seeing it when you quoted it made me think of something

when i first saw the littlewoods ad i didn't even realise it was R&B's single , i just thought it was the usual cheesey sort of jingle they use on adverts

must be SYCO's new marketing strategy, pay companies to feature new songs on their adverts for publicity as its a cheap way of getting mass exposure
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    going slightly off-topic here but i didn't see the post you had replied to as i have that particular user on ignore but seeing it when you quoted it made me think of something

when i first saw the littlewoods ad i didn't even realise it was R&B's single , i just thought it was the usual cheesey sort of jingle they use on adverts

must be SYCO's new marketing strategy, pay companies to feature new songs on their adverts for publicity as its a cheap way of getting mass exposure
    spot on mate, ive not seen any of these adverts but it does scream desperation that SYCO need to use these tactics to try and promote artists, i find it quite amusing ive never bought any " music" by a SYCO act and never will because its never about music or talent with them!
    Forum Member
    spot on mate, ive not seen any of these adverts but it does scream desperation that SYCO need to use these tactics to try and promote artists, i find it quite amusing ive never bought any " music" by a SYCO act and never will because its never about music or talent with them!

SYCO have had some quality musicians from outside of X factor

you wont see the likes of zig and zag, robson and jerome or mr blobby demeaning themselves to go on a reality show ;-):p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you saying SYCO don't have talent! That's a bit of a silly comment I know music and talent are subjective but out of all syco artists you're saying there's no talent! whom may I ask do you buy music from - guess you don't like chart music, whilst I agree syco have a strange way of managing their artists but they have plenty of talent signed to them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SYCO have had some quality musicians from outside of X factor

you wont see the likes of zig and zag, robson and jerome or mr blobby demeaning themselves to go on a reality show ;-):p:D
    lmao its things like this that totally put me off syco from an early age lol u forgot to mention the wwe wrestlers lol they released an album too lool!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you saying SYCO don't have talent! That's a bit of a silly comment I know music and talent are subjective but out of all syco artists you're saying there's no talent! whom may I ask do you buy music from - guess you don't like chart music, whilst I agree syco have a strange way of managing their artists but they have plenty of talent signed to them.
    i like music with great vocals, great instruments and music which has true meaning both to the writer and the listener. There are no syco acts who truly write their own music. Last few albums i bought have been by the killers, coldplay and richard marx. Certainly chart music but just seems to have more passion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm not a massive fan of Coldplay but can appreciate their talent, surprising because Syco acts are best known for ballads like Leona Lewis and Ella Henderson who have meaningful music behind them like Ryan Tedder worked on the albums so I'm surprised you don't rate it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm not a massive fan of Coldplay but can appreciate their talent, surprising because Syco acts are best known for ballads like Leona Lewis and Ella Henderson who have meaningful music behind them like Ryan Tedder worked on the albums so I'm surprised you don't rate it.
    TBH when i was a lot younger I did sort of "not mind" SYCO acts but as I got older my music taste started to change possibly because I got into music myself I just seemed to relate to songs which were originally written by the artist, even Michael Jackson is one of my fave artists of all time he sang with so much passion and meant every word he sang and most were his own songs, truly written by him. I cant really put my finger on what draws me to those types of artists more but there certainly is something I find different about them, maybe its just me! SYCO artists have always/maybe will always have a stigma attached to them, created by the companies history and nature of artists.. This really put me off its kinda like growing to truly dislike a type of food is the best way I can describe it lol
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,767
    Forum Member
    It is being reported that Nicole has signed the contract, no surprise really.

http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/262155-x-factor-2016-nicole-scherzinger-signs-mega-deal-return.html

The only one who hasn't yet been reported as having physically signed the contract is Sharon.
  • Jo_DavidsJo_Davids Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    They're really dragging this out. Apparently Simon, Louis and Nicole have all officially signed, I'm surprised they haven't released any news yet!

Unless they're doing what they did last year and waiting for all 4 judges to be signed, but I don't see the point..
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jo_Davids wrote: »
    They're really dragging this out. Apparently Simon, Louis and Nicole have all officially signed, I'm surprised they haven't released any news yet!

Unless they're doing what they did last year and waiting for all 4 judges to be signed, but I don't see the point..

When do the room auditions begin? I would have thought it would be soon. I guess Sharon may be stalling due to the issues with her marriage?
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    When do the room auditions begin? I would have thought it would be soon. I guess Sharon may be stalling due to the issues with her marriage?
    I really don't understand why they are so desperate to get Sharon, she's had her time. She was so boring on Sam Baileys year. I think this is a mistake.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,767
    Forum Member
    delete