Release date of SE W960i

james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Good evening to you all.

I'm due to upgrade about December/January time , & I'm very interested in the Touchscreen SE W960i. I've had the Nokia N73 for the last 15 months , & it has converted me to the Symbian OS , so I believe this new SE phone will have everything I look for in a phone.

Does anyone have any idea when this phone is likely to hit the stores. I've been with Vodafone for the last 15 months & have never had a problem , so it would be good if I could upgrade to this phone with them.

Ive emailed SE many times however no joy with a reply , & unfortunately I've asked Vod a couple of times & the persons I've spoken to have said " We should be getting it ", however have no idea of timescale.

I thought I remembered reading a short while ago that it was possibly going to be 2007 , however can't seem to find it now.

Many thanks for any help.

Regards James

Comments

• Warfield RoyalWarfield Royal Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    I also am waiting for the SE 960i and the best information I can get for the release date is December 2007 but I don't remember where I read it.

I'm expecting this phone to be available on Vodafone as it seems to be the upgrade to the SE 950i which is currently available for free although I assume there will be a premium price to pay when the SE 960i is first released so I may have to wait.

The features I think I will most value will be -
    3G - although only UMTS 2100 and not HSDPA
    Touchscreen - will make it very easy to browse the web
    WLAN/WiFi - much cheaper/faster than 3G when I am at home or in range of a hotspot.
    Symbian - I hope I can find a good push email solution to replace my Blackberry which I currently use in addition to my mobile.

I hope that I can find a cheap/free WLAN/WiFi service and I also hope that the SE 960i will intelligently choose which service it is connected to.

As a potential early adopter I fully expect to be totally frustrated and disappointed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    According to the carphonewhorehouse website, its is scheduled for release Dec 2007.

I personally believe it will be delayed.
    When the W950i was first released, there was a hefty premium to pay but then it had a very high return rate with VF causing them to just "get rid."

The OS on the W950i was appaulingly slow and buggy however my GSM N95 is absolutely fine!

I have seen a W960i in the flesh via an SE rep who had a pre production model, it is very nice but personally, I think that it looks a lot nicer in the promo photos found on gsmarena.

This is my personal opinion of course and we all differ!

Ooops
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Current information suggests that the estimated launch date with Vodafone will be December 7th 2007.

It's likely this might change though between now and then. For the moment I'd just put it down to being out by Christmas which is fast approaching!!!
  • BBTIMEBBTIME Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been waiting since the summer for this phone. I knew it was due out the final 1/4 of 2007. However, I'm now starting to doubt if I'll actually like this phone when it arrives.

Amazon have it for sale already, with shipment day in a few weeks. Although I imagine this will eventually change to fall in line with the expected December release.

Would be good if someone confirmed the exact date.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    BBTIME wrote: »
    I've been waiting since the summer for this phone. I knew it was due out the final 1/4 of 2007. However, I'm now starting to doubt if I'll actually like this phone when it arrives.

Amazon have it for sale already, with shipment day in a few weeks. Although I imagine this will eventually change to fall in line with the expected December release.

Would be good if someone confirmed the exact date.

I work for Vodafone and I'm not able to state a 100% confirmed date at this time (as until the stock is delivered a number of factors can delay the this). The latest information we have is that the estimated launch date is the December 7th 2007.