Just bought a mac - internet question

2»

Comments

• Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd advise the OP to disregard any of this advice. What do you have to lose? If it doesn't work then you wont have lost any money or anything.

I tried to help, but some people obviously feel that the truth needs to be silenced.

Here's a thread with 20 pages of people discussing the problems. Some fixed, some aren't:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=392852&page=1

I'd link to something on Apple Discussions, but as the last post in that thread points out Apple deletes threads if it doesn't like the bad publicity.

I'm not taking the anti-Mac stance here because there isn't one. The OP asked a question and I answered it. Read that answer again and you'll see I was 99% positive. What I thought was helpful was interpreted by others as an invitation for personal insults to fly.

"It's unlikely, but there may be issues with certain wireless access points." - that was what I posted. This is not incorrect. This is not a piece of "fanboy" fantasy. I would have made something far better if I wanted to go down that route, which quite clearly I don't.