Linda wants to be careful...

12346»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also found it interesting that she made a declaration to all the girls gathered about her bed saying something along the lines of "I don't like Jim, but I don't mind if you like him." Personally, I would read this as actually meaning the exact opposite. Why need to make such a statement at all?
    It was obviously part of an ongoing conversation which we joined part way through. By far the most likely thing imo is that Jasmine and Luisa had been complaining about Jim and she was half agreeing and half disagreeing.
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Actually that is exactly what it looked like to me. You don't really find yourself in that position unless you want to set that situation up. And funny how it was the girls gathered around.

Not only funny, but actually invisible unless you saw more of the scene than the rest of us. There they all were, vegging out on a couple of beds in their pj's and having a natter.
    It looks like to me Linda did try and bait Jim and once he walked into that room, he was walking into the lions den. Jim was absolutely superb to basically not fall into the trap.
    Oh for heavens sake. No, he really wasn't. There was no 'trap' at all; all we saw was a short, mutually ill-tempered spat which ended when one of them walked out of the room. No one was even 1% 'superb'. Maybe if Jim had listened to what Linda was trying to say to him, he could have addressed it in some way, but he couldn't be bothered to listen, so that was that.

Jak14 wrote: »
    Have you gained all this information from his police records, or the red tops.:confused:

He has not denied domestic violence, though I don't know that he has admitted all those exact things. He has made jokes about his wife re-blacking her eyes when the bruises wore off to get more sympathy.

In the meantime, here is Alison Holloway's take on her ex-husband: http://mdvs.co.uk/jim-davidson-exposed-my-hell-married-to-cruel-tv-comedian/

On Celebrity Rehab he talked about how he used to deal amphetamines; he has been banned from driving for drunk driving; he cheerfully admits to dragging a girlfriend down the road by her hair. He has said that he wants to move abroad because there are too many immigrants here, which shows a remarkable lack of a sense of irony. His attitude to disaster appeals after such things as the tsunami and earthquakes is to say "Let's stick to British charities, **** the rest of them"; apart from detesting immigrants, wanting to evade tax, and generally hating foreigners, his attitude to politics seems to be to jeer at gay politicians.
  • snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda is itching to have a row with Jim so like Coleen she can be seen as the victim, sitting on the bed surrounded by other HM's and telling them what a thoroughly nasty man he is, she wants him nominated and quick.

You don't think Coleen has told Linda every detail about how it works? The first night on BOTS Coleen started the feud off by telling us how Linda had had a run in with Jim, all Linda has to do is keep it going.....I hope Jim keeps walking away from her.

I'm not talking about simple advice from someone who was on the show before (and I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say Coleen knows "every detail" of how it works). I'm talking about an actual hired media advisor, someone I doubt Linda would be able to afford, but Sam and Ollie already have from being on their respective shows.
  • nanna7nanna7 Posts: 1,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is all this 'gathering up' rubbish I keep reading? Did we see Linda go round and herd them all up to sit and listen to her?

We saw two small incidents over the course of the day - I daresay they were simply two of many very minor annoyances but enough to get you grrrring if there is no love lost between two people in the first place.

She was quite clearly upset and the people round her obviously asked her what she was upset about. She simply told them ............no drama - she simply said 'I don't like Jim - he doesn't like me but .......please don't let it effect your judgement on him'.

They asked - she answered. Jim walked in and also asked .................did she shy away and act all two faced? No - she told him in a very civilised way that she had a problem and - he walked away. The reason Jim walked away is because he has a temper - he is a miserable old sod and can't handle confrontation without getting nasty. It is well documented.

Two people don't get on. It happens.

Linda was asked and she told - why all the nastiness? Did she bitch? Did she snivel and go for the sympathy card? No.

All this gathering up her troops nonsense is misleading. Other HM's were round her bed as we've seen happen over the past few days. Maybe they congregate there simply because they like her - because she's nice. There's a thought.

I think some perspective is needed. There is a lot of spiteful hype written about Linda which is uncalled for IMO.

She's not a Saint but she's not a Devil either .......two people don't get on - it happens.

at last a great post we just dont see enough to know what is going on i didnt think she did much wrong in fact i dont think we see enough of the other hms just 3 of them channel 5 and their version of cbb or bb is rubbish
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    kate03 wrote: »
    Yep...seems like she's got her storyline all lined up. Same as Colleen with Julie. I really thought I was going to like her until her she gathered her little harem around her. I would've had more respect for her if she'd just argued her point with Jim face-to-face.

Couldn't agree more Kate. Although if I'm honest, I was kinda getting a bad feeling about her from the get-go. Very disappointed in her and I hope she's out of there sooner rather than later.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't someone simply get a bit p**sed off with someone and sound off without people getting all melodramatic and ascribing scheming, bitching and ulterior motives? Isn't that the simplest most logical explanation?

JD peed Linda off ...she had a moan to some of the others and Jim walked in on it. It really doesn't have to be more complicated and machiaevellian than that. I think most people would get a bit agitated if they'd been handcuffed and forced to share a bed with someone that they disliked.

It might be that. I think it's a valid argument. But a part of what makes this programme entertaining is identifying individual personality traits and behaviours and seeing how they unfold within the group. Speculation is just part of the fun! As for machiavellian scheming, IMO the only housemate sufficiently intelligent enough for that is Luisa, and I hope we get to see it too! I think for most people vieing for control or garnering support is a principally instinctive emotionally driven impulse that they don't spend too much time actually thinking about intellectually. The rationalisations come later.
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Have you gained all this information from his police records, or the red tops.:confused:

I don't read red tops.

His ex wife gave an interview. He's confirmed he was violent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I like that Jim walked away from Nolan and her trio of harpies. There's a lesson there...when someone is being rude, childish and looking for a fight you just hold up your hand and walk away from them. Don't give them an audience which is what they want. She is old enough to know better than to try and provoke a fight - which is what she was trying to do - she's 54! she had nothing to say that he thought was worth hearing so he walked....class act Jim, I've new respect for you mate.

She was itching for a Barney and he totally left her fuming. Funny and sad, what she has become.
    Forum Member
    Prejudice by who for pete's sake?

A bunch of women, old and young, sitting together all bitching about someone behind his back is shameful. All vying for who was the most upset. And they are a coven, and harpies and a lot of other names I wont write here >:(.
    As a woman I cannot abide women like that!

We'll said, not all middle aged women are conniving and bitter. She so obviously was itching for an argument. Delicious the way JD burst her hate balloon.
    Forum Member
    YesNoMan wrote: »
    The first is active, the second is passive.

There was not a meaningful, rational answer, and there was no running. You characterising it as "Run awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!" is as bad as Linda giving it the old "That's right! Just walk away!" inflammatory schtick.

The thing is, Davidson had definitely started to deserve a talking to. It's just a pity there was no-one capable of doing it without making themself look worse and him look better. Linda Nolan: not fit for purpose.

Anyone who make JD look noble must be lacking the tools.
    Forum Member
    Why would I acknowledge something that is clearly untrue. In your head dearie ....it's all in your head.

We'll, 'dearie' what a sexist thing to say, should be ashamed of yourself, especially with obvious loathing for JDs alleged misogyny.
    Forum Member
    MIKKIL wrote: »
    Yes she is like Colleen very manipulative and always playing the victim - did not like her trying to turn everyone against him - just makes me like him even more

Never really liked JD, but he seems like a diamond geezer. Me thinks the PC right on leftie hate campaign has had the light well and truly shone on there PC fundamentalism.
    Forum Member
    I don't know how come all the girls were gathered around her like that, but it was a really interesting scene. They were all laying down, almost at her feet as it were, with all eyes on Linda, and her sitting up at the head of her bed much like a matriarch. At a glance you could see who the dominant female is.

Something else that strikes me about that scene in particular and the potential developing dynamic it would seem to point to, is the fact that Linda is used to being in an all girl 'gang', so to speak, from growing up in a family of sisters.

Yes, she's definitely happier having a fight with a wee gang behind her.
    Forum Member
    I don't read red tops.

His ex wife gave an interview. He's confirmed he was violent.

Only a fool get his information from red tops and the daily mail.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    alonzo11 wrote: »
    Yes, she's definitely happier having a fight with a wee gang behind her.

Do you not perhaps think the girls just happened to be there when Linda had words with JD?
    I admit it did look as if they were all gathering around her but if they'd been all sitting in the living area, I think it would have been perceived completely differently.
    Linda & JD obviously have history & there's no love lost between them but I don't believe for a minute Linda would need anyone's support to back her up in a row with JD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Do you not perhaps think the girls just happened to be there when Linda had words with JD?
    I admit it did look as if they were all gathering around her but if they'd been all sitting in the living area, I think it would have been perceived completely differently.
    Linda & JD obviously have history & there's no love lost between them but I don't believe for a minute Linda would need anyone's support to back her up in a row with JD.

I don't believe she would need anyone's support to back her up in a row with anyone, but she does need their support to nominate him while keeping herself safe, that's the game she's playing.
    Forum Member
    I don't believe she would need anyone's support to back her up in a row with anyone, but she does need their support to nominate him while keeping herself safe, that's the game she's playing.

In that aspect, I totally agree. Good luck to her if that's what she's doing. As you say it is a game.
  • Odette ValmontOdette Valmont Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In that aspect, I totally agree. Good luck to her if that's what she's doing. As you say it is a game.
    It is a game, but she's playing dirty. She's badmouthing Jim and desperately trying to plant the idea of him being a sexist pig in the minds of other housemates. A clip released yesterday shows Linda saying something like "He can't bare that woman are..." and she stops - very clever. She knows he's had a rough few years, battling with his demons, yet she still feels the need to bring up his drinking. She is really low and has no empathy whatsoever.
    Forum Member
    It is a game, but she's playing dirty. She's badmouthing Jim and desperately trying to plant the idea of him being a sexist pig in the minds of other housemates. A clip released yesterday shows Linda saying something like "He can't bare that woman are..." and she stops - very clever. She knows he's had a rough few years, battling with his demons, yet she still feels the need to bring up his drinking. She is really low and has no empathy whatsoever.

I'm not saying Linda is an angel, she's anything but. However I truly believe JD is also playing a very clever game, this Mr Nice Guy, victim like behaviour just isn't washing with me.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    I'm not saying Linda is an angel, she's anything but. However I truly believe JD is also playing a very clever game, this Mr Nice Guy, victim like behaviour just isn't washing with me.

Her innocent hard done by angel behaviour is certainly not working for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly she has moaned about him cooking too much food and leaving a tea towel wet after he dried up - gosh if that is all she has on him - she is as nasty as Colleen was to Julie they are a horrid bunch. Loving Jim - keep playing it cool and she will lose the plot.