Options

Birmingham is a no go area to non-Muslims (apparently)

Comments

• Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Places such as Handsworth, Alum Rock and Sparkbrook certainly are no go areas for non muslims.

non muslims live in those places so how can it be a no go area for non muslims

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alum_Rock,_Birmingham
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    non muslims live in those places so how can it be a no go area for non muslims

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alum_Rock,_Birmingham

Tell that to a Hindu friend of mine who forced out of Alum Rock by those nice friendly Muslims

Incidentally the school mentioned in that article was one of the Trojan Horse schools
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lived there for 25 years, and have had several bad experiences along with lots of other people who have lived there.

More than half of my Birmingham family are mixed race and from different religious backgrounds, who integrate easily. Muslims don't simple as that.

That's just another sweeping statement.
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    paul2307 wrote: »
    Tell that to a Hindu friend of mine who forced out of Alum Rock by those nice friendly Muslims

that is awful but doesn't mean that every single muslim in alum rock is responsible does it
  • Options
    WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    I lived there for 25 years, and have had several bad experiences along with lots of other people who have lived there.

More than half of my Birmingham family are mixed race and from different religious backgrounds, who integrate easily. Muslims don't simple as that.

That was your experience - it is not mine. However, it does not make your experience any less valid.

However, you cannot assume all Muslims are the same.

I do not know Birmingham at all. My experience is of north west England. Born & bred here - very proud of my Lancastrian origins.

I do not see it waning in anyway whatsoever. I also understand why Muslims should be proud of their heritage as well. They are Muslim & British.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    that is awful but doesn't mean that every single muslim in alum rock is responsible does it

It did involve a fair few of them , by they way I have just added a bit to my last post about the school mentioned in that article as being one of the Trojan Horse schools
  • Options
    WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    It did involve a fair few of them , by they way I have just added a bit to my last post about the school mentioned in that article as being one of the Trojan Horse schools

This still does not change the fact that, according to the article there are non-Muslims who live there so it cannot possibly be a no-go area for non-Muslims.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    naw
    he made a simple mistake

birminghan is full of black people
    BRADFORD is where all the muslins are
    :D
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Places such as Handsworth, Alum Rock and Sparkbrook certainly are no go areas for non muslims.

I lived in Handsworth. And that ^^^^^ is nonsense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WinterLily wrote: »
    This still does not change the fact that, according to the article there are non-Muslims who live there so it cannot possibly be a no-go area for non-Muslims.

Did you read the article and look at the nationalities mentioned ? predominantly Pakistani and then we have Somali (Muslim) Bosnian guess what religion , I don't go from Wiki I go from it being three mile away from me
  • Options
    ConcretepigsyConcretepigsy Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    I lived in Handsworth. And that ^^^^^ is nonsense.

No it's not
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try reading the article :confused: but if thats all you get from it then you must have comprehension difficulties

The actual figures from the 2011 census has non Whites at 30% for that particular ward

Are you telling me that the Castle Rock area according to that article isn't 90% white? The figure was close to the end. I certainly read the whole thing. Pretty badly written as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it's not

I lived there. It's utter nonsense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you telling me that the Castle Rock area according to that article isn't 90% white? The figure was close to the end. I certainly read the whole thing. Pretty badly written as well.

Castle Vale not Rock the 90% came from the person being interviewed the figures I gave came from the 2011 census
  • Options
    ConcretepigsyConcretepigsy Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lived there. It's utter nonsense.

So did I
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Castle Vale not Rock the 90% came from the person being interviewed the figures I gave came from the 2011 census

The figure came from the article you linked to. Apols if I got the name wrong. Bet it's Stephen King.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So did I

By your own logic it's not a no-go area for non-Muslims. We both lived there and we're both not, hence it's not a no-go area.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The figure came from the article you linked to. Apols if I got the name wrong. Bet it's Stephen King.

Yes and the person being interviewed was just a normal man in the street yet you seem surprised that he didn't know the exact demographic make up of the area :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes and the person being interviewed was just a normal man in the street yet you seem surprised that he didn't know the exact demographic make up of the area :confused:

I haven't seemed surprised at all. What gives you that idea? All it says is that according to his perception, it's even whiter than it officially is. Not a great proof point of a no-go area.
  • Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By your own logic it's not a no-go area for non-Muslims unless you're a Muslim. We both lived there and we're both not, hence it's not a no-go area.

Completely black and white. Clear cut tick in the box. I'll wager there's not a "no go" zone in the entire world. Even that German journalist Jürgen Todenhöfer, traveled to Mosul and spent time there so that's not a no-go zone for westerners - or non-muslims either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrQuike wrote: »
    Completely black and white. Clear cut tick in the box. I'll wager there's not a "no go" zone in the entire world. Even that German journalist Jürgen Todenhöfer, traveled to Mosul and spent time there so that's not a no-go zone for westerners - or non-muslims either.

I'll bet the 11 bus runs through it as well.
  • Options
    Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to point out that the woman interviewing the moron who said birmingham is a muslim city is a judge..a ****ing judge ya know people who are meant to have some measure of intelligence..
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I haven't seemed surprised at all. What gives you that idea? All it says is that according to his perception, it's even whiter than it officially is. Not a great proof point of a no-go area.

I suspect you wouldn't be overly concerned if Birmingham were 100% muslim though.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyclaw726 wrote: »
    Just want to point out that the woman interviewing the moron who said birmingham is a muslim city is a judge..a ****ing judge ya know people who are meant to have some measure of intelligence..

we are talking about fox news here, their intelligence is measured in their skirt length .....