The Shires - Tonight (Country Music)

Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,524
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm normally one to ignore the youtube adverts but this one I did click and now I'm addicted to this song :D what do you guys think?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaxB4tVoIdo

Comments

• LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New song from them. Quite catchy.

Friday Night
    http://youtu.be/ExH0x1JRz7w
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I listened to this song earlier for the first time.

I like it.
  • RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love her voice compliments his very well on that Friday Night song!

Quite shocked to find these are British too! :o

There is another song being played on Radio 2 with the words "country music" in the chorus, sounds a little like these but I don't think it is. Anyone know who they are?

The Shires will take off with those singles I think
  • Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friday Night is another brilliant single from The Shires. I'm so excited for the album at the end of February... I'm also slightly tempted by their tour, but I might have to convince the boyfriend as he is not a fan of country >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is another song being played on Radio 2 with the words "country music" in the chorus, sounds a little like these but I don't think it is. Anyone know who they are?
    I think I know the song you're on about. Something along the lines of "there'll be country nights and country {something]".

Next time I hear it, I'll try and catch the name of the artist.
    Booty luv wrote: »
    Friday Night is another brilliant single from The Shires. I'm so excited for the album at the end of February... I'm also slightly tempted by their tour, but I might have to convince the boyfriend as he is not a fan of country >:(
    I'd say play him a couple of the songs, and see what he thinks. Its not the country music of old, its a very modern sound - in fact I'd say that unless some listeners are told its classed as country, they probably wouldn't realise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems I actually got it wrong the song I was looking for was indeed a Shires song "Nashville Grey Skies" (country boys , country girls was the hook I etched in my mind!).

I'm REALLY excited by them now, their music is very uplifting like a lot of modern country.

Hard to see what their end game is though? To be big in Nashiville, UK or both?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio 2 seem to be playing this a heck of a lot (which is great!) but I've noticed that its a 'radio version' with "get a little drunk" replaced with "have a little fun" - which sound better IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations The Shires on a top 10 album!

Although Ward Thomas are better ;-)

First UK country act to get near a top 10 album. Although I guess there hasn't been many, and their sound is very american.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd guess there are a quite a few country acts similar to them around the UK.

We had a local band in MK called Auralia Sky that were quite similar in style of music. Sadly they split a few months ago but I think there are still a few videos around YouTube.
  • Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They arent the best example of the genre, but not to take away from their fantastic achievement.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    They're playing very locally to me next month and I've just bought tickets for my birthday :) giving the album a listen to on Spotify at the moment and I quite like them.