Who do you want to represent the UK?

1235»

Comments

• phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diana Vickers
    Amelia Lilly seems to be doing promo work in Europe would have been great if she was our entry
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Diana Vickers
    phill363 wrote: »
    Amelia Lilly seems to be doing promo work in Europe would have been great if she was our entry

Could make sense as she's releasing her album in May!
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    Winner of a UK song contest (like Melodifestivalen)
    I have been really pondering who would be a REALISTIC wise credible representative for the UK ..it wouldnt harm but enhance their career while being a credible entry

my choices would be:

McFly
    Lawson
    Bo Bruce
    Matt Cardle
    Amelia Lilly
    Ruby Turner
    Clare from Steps
    Chalrie Winston
    Caron Wheeler
    Heather Small

as much as I would like Paloma, Marina, Will.....they have too much at stake....
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Precious should be given another shot
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bo Bruce
    No chance of that happening I'm afraid, Girl groups never do well at Eurovision.

Bo Bruce would be a clever risk to take as she could easily impress the Eastern Countries.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Petula Clark
    Have to be older than Engelbert, how about Vera Lynn.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Petula Clark
    Mind be considered slightly daft, but how about Victoria Wood, maybe with her piano?
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexandra Burke
    By looking at what Graham Norton said yesterday about it being an artist played on his show within the past 4 weeks, and we think it's a female solo artist:

I'm going to guess Alexandra Burke for the UK - she has nothing going on right now, her last album flopped and she's recording her next one right now - which may have been whilst she was recording her eurovision song. She can SLAY on a power ballad - such a big voice! AND she was connected with the BBC after being part of Children in Need back in November, so they could have asked her around then? And also Graham could have said, last couple of weeks, but the fact he specifed 4 - and Alexandra was played exactly 4 weeks ago - makes me believe she's the one.

And if so............YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • georgetheaspiegeorgetheaspie Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bungitin wrote: »
    Mind be considered slightly daft, but how about Victoria Wood, maybe with her piano?

I'd love that. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZCIKjYDf1g
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dionne Bromfield
    Bungitin wrote: »

Altneratively, we could have the Victoria Wood wannabe, The X Factor's Lucy Spraggan!
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    Winner of a UK song contest (like Melodifestivalen)
    So Bonnie Tyler has been chosen ...but there are a few things that Katie T needs to take note from this poll..........

Amelia Lily, Diana Vickers, Alexandra Burke and WIll Young would all be very popular choices for next year. In addition - a melodifestivalen style - contest would also be very much recommended. A contest with credibitliy and high profile nature.... several heats then semi finals then final with accompanying cd release. Good Luck Bonnie Tyler for this year.