Countdown - so much better these days!

Comments

• bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glengavel wrote: »
    I refer to him as Jeremy Vile, because I can never remember which Jeremy is which, and it seems quite an appropriate name anyway.

Doesn't that mean you confuse him with the real Jeremy Vile (on ITV opposite The Wright Stuff)?
  • OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5 a day wrote: »
    I've been out of touch with Countdown lately. Have Rick Wakeman or Ken Bruce been on since Nick started?

Thanks

Neither under Nick Hewer, although Ken was on during Jeff's last series. Week of the 7th to 11th of November 2011.

Wakeman hasn't been on Countdown since Series 59, which was Carol Vorderman's last series. His week was 14 to 18th July 2008.

There are some people I would love to see back in DC, and some I wish would never come back at all. Giles (or is it Gyles) Brandreth will not be back on again apparently after his appearance in 2009 was spent nearly molesting poor Susie Dent. I gather she said that she would never sit in DC with him again, so I doubt he will be back on anytime soon.
  • Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ocado wrote: »

There are some people I would love to see back in DC, and some I wish would never come back at all. Giles (or is it Gyles) Brandreth will not be back on again apparently after his appearance in 2009 was spent nearly molesting poor Susie Dent. I gather she said that she would never sit in DC with him again, so I doubt he will be back on anytime soon.

Good Lord, where did you get that from? Although I can't say I'm surprised!
  • GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    Doesn't that mean you confuse him with the real Jeremy Vile (on ITV opposite The Wright Stuff)?

That's what I meant - Vine/Kyle : Vile
  • Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Giles (or is it Gyles) Brandreth will not be back on again apparently after his appearance in 2009 was spent nearly molesting poor Susie Dent. I gather she said that she would never sit in DC with him again, so I doubt he will be back on anytime soon.

I remember that. He was all over her for the whole week, invading her space so that she kept trying to back away from him. It was embarrassing to watch.
  • 5 a day5 a day Posts: 12,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither under Nick Hewer, although Ken was on during Jeff's last series. Week of the 7th to 11th of November 2011.

Wakeman hasn't been on Countdown since Series 59, which was Carol Vorderman's last series. His week was 14 to 18th July 2008.

Thanks for the info.

Shame about Gyles, I know he can be overbearing although I didn't realise he'd done that. When Countdown started I remember he seemed to have more enthusiasm for the programme than everyone else put together.
  • GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a great fan of Giles Brandreth, but he was on Just A Minute a few weeks ago and started off one round by saying "I once went out with Ed Balls' mother Ophelia, who failed to live up to her name". I haven't laughed so much in ages, and the studio audience's laughing all but drowned out much of the rest of his piece.
  • katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Id love to see Terry Wogan in the DC with susie.I cant remember if he has ever done countdown before
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Id love to see Terry Wogan in the DC with susie.I cant remember if he has ever done countdown before

I seem to vaguely remember him being on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old Bloke wrote: »
    Good Lord, where did you get that from? Although I can't say I'm surprised!

The sad git that I am, I have the Countdown Wiki permanently bookmarked. It has all the shows, plus who's coming up on DC and all past series.

As for Terry Wogan, his first appearance was 8 May 1997 and last appeared on 16 August 1999.

DC guests coming up are in order (on the Wiki page anyway):

Jo Brand
    Dave Spikey
    Nicky Campbell
    Mark Foster (swimmer and Strictly contestant)

For me, 2 out of 4 isn't bad. Although I can take or leave Campbell, Foster is so boring I fall asleep when he's on screen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    5 a day wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.

Shame about Gyles, I know he can be overbearing although I didn't realise he'd done that. When Countdown started I remember he seemed to have more enthusiasm for the programme than everyone else put together.

Susie guested twice on Wordaholics, a Radio 4 panel show hosted by Gyles, earlier this year. I think it's pretty unlikely she'd have accepted the invitation to appear if she had got him canned from C'down. Tad hypocritical, no?

I used to work with her and still live very near her, so I'll ask her for you next time our paths cross on the nursery run.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it wasn't Susie herself, just the Countdown or C4 bosses saying no more Gyles on there?
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it wasn't Susie herself, just the Countdown or C4 bosses saying no more Gyles on there?

I also remember cringing as Giles poured over Susie, salivating at her every word as she desperately leaned back as far as her chair would let her. I think by now Susie would have a fair bit of sway, but equally bosses would want to show her comfortable with the guest, rather than squirming!
  • Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also remember cringing as Giles poured over Susie, salivating at her every word as she desperately leaned back as far as her chair would let her. I think by now Susie would have a fair bit of sway, but equally bosses would want to show her comfortable with the guest, rather than squirming!
    IIRC he was also very tactile, even taking her hand in his at one point which she was clearly not comfortable with.
  • MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely cream trousers from Rachel showing off her wonderful arse! I'm sure I can see her panties through them!
  • 5 a day5 a day Posts: 12,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarkBeales wrote: »
    Lovely cream trousers from Rachel showing off her wonderful arse! I'm sure I can see her panties through them!

Would you like us to suggest some websites for you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

and she Orgasmed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that outfit was awful, but then I am a leg man.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad the chap won today, because he was under orders from his wife to take her the teapot.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normally I like Jo Brand..but I find her highly annoying on Countdown!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love her daft words, she makes me laugh as well. Dave Spikey next, so another good week for me. Then Nicky Campbell who is OK, followed by the dullard Mark Foster.
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump, who watched today's special?

Husband vs Wife special tomorrow, regular series back on Monday
  • Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel has married now. I wonder if Monday's show will refer to it?.It depends how long ago the recordings were done..
  • katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will be glad to have it back on as normal.Afternoons just arent the same without Countdown and a nice cup of tea
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will be glad to have it back on as normal.Afternoons just arent the same without Countdown and a nice cup of tea

Yes I know what you mean, we always watch it with a cuppa after dinner (recorded). I don't understand why if they can't show old ones when they are on holiday, Deal or No Deal is always on whatever (I can't stand that so typical :().
This discussion has been closed.