2 car insurance policies on one car - PLEASE ADVISE ASAP

2»

Comments

• Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Em* wrote: »
    This is where I thought that the TP part of my cover would come in use.

..me driving another vehicle not owned by myself - even though I'd bought it - there was nothing to prove it was mine.:o

Nothing at all - except the man from the garage who'd just sold it to you!! And whose car were you going to say it was, if it wasn't yours? They would want to know that.

Anyway, all is well and now you know what you must do! :)
  • Options
    Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Em* wrote: »
    ..me driving another vehicle not owned by myself - even though I'd bought it - there was nothing to prove it was mine.:o
    provided the car yard were prepared to lie for you!
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    provided the car yard were prepared to lie for you!

Boom! Great minds and all that! :D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi *Em*

One point I omitted to mention is that, when you are in the process of changing your car, it is worth a telephone call in advance to your insurer to mention the fact, as you would presumably want to know the effect of this from a cost point of view. I am not certain if insurance companies would permit you to do so, but, in any event, I would advise against cancelling cover in advance, just in case the buyer of your old car wishes to collect it on a different date to what was originally arranged. Back to my last response to you, I urge that, when you next change your car, you arrange insurance cover in advance because, as others have stated, should you have an accident, you will not be covered. I hope this helps. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,683
    Forum Member
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    Nothing at all - except the man from the garage who'd just sold it to you!! And whose car were you going to say it was, if it wasn't yours? They would want to know that.

Anyway, all is well and now you know what you must do! :)
    I didn't think it would make a difference who's car it was.. that's what I meant - I didn't realise that the car would only be covered so long as it didn't belong to me (which it didn't). The garage could've sold it to my Sister, Mum etc etc.. it would've been my word against theirs but, like I say, I didn't realise any of this was an issue at the time.

:)