Real life mysteries that have intrigued and baffled you

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angelfizz wrote: »
    Apologies Phoenix if this has already been posted, but I just thought you would be interested in Channel 5 tonight at 8~
    Secrets of Egypt: Alexander's Tomb x :)

I recorded that, havent watched yet. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I posted on here and then bloody well missed it. :(:mad:
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,945
    Forum Member
    Controversial but even respected journalists like Nick Cook, Jane's former aviation editor, have been investigating whether the Nazis built anti gravity powered aircraft and whether the Americans are secretly operating them. Aviation pundits think that it's a load of nonsense but as Cook points out there was serious open research until the mid 1950s then it will went surprisingly quiet which is what happens when research programs go 'black' - classified. Some experts say serious research continued until the technology was developed. Interesting subject but muddied by its links to Ufology.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hunt-Zero-Point-Nick-Cook/dp/0099414988
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Claudia Lawrence case still baffles me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Claudia Lawrence case still baffles me.

Yes, that one is quite baffling.

There are so many things like this, where you wonder if you will ever know what happened.

That estate agent lass was another.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angelfizz wrote: »
    I posted on here and then bloody well missed it. :(:mad:

Oops. Its bound to be on again. Was quite good.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    There are so many things like this, where you wonder if you will ever know what happened.

I'm swaying more towards the "highly unlikely" camp.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The David Kelly case just doesn't sit right with me at all.

I have always wondered if Myra Hindley really did die or whether she was released and save the inevitable public fury that would follow. Probably nothing in it whatsoever.
  • trevalyantrevalyan Posts: 7,705
    Forum Member
    whether the actual "Ark of the Covenant" does actually exist somewhere. and if so, where is it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crop circles!! I know some were faked overnight, but some others are so elaborate and symmetrical, I do not understand how people can do them overnight in the time given and make them so symmetrical without making errors.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevalyan wrote: »
    whether the actual "Ark of the Covenant" does actually exist somewhere. and if so, where is it?

And what would happen if Indiana Jones got hold of it. :eek::D
    poppitypop wrote: »
    Crop circles!! I know some were faked overnight, but some others are so elaborate and symmetrical, I do not understand how people can do them overnight in the time given and make them so symmetrical without making errors.

Drunken Young Farmers. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Wow, I spent WAY too much time reading this thread and seriously freaked myself out in the process. Loads of mysteries that baffle me were mentioned.

One is - pets - why do they have that habit of looking past you at something and staring at it or "following it round the room with their eyes" but when you look at where they are looking - nothing there? What are they seeing that we don't?

A personal one is kids that seem to have been here before or know things they couldn't possibly know.

My auntie had a son who died of cancer as a child, before he died he used to hallucinate and say "Mummy, please don't let the monkeys eat me when I die." A few years after he died she gave birth to a daughter but such is the culture in the country where they are from and such was my auntie's grief, they never really spoke of the boy who died. As the little girl began to talk she expressed dislike at being dressed in girls clothes and being called her name. She would exclaim that she was a boy which tbh isn't that uncommon at that age. But it got stranger. When she saw herself in the mirror she would say "But that isn't me." She was oddly clever well beyond her years. One day at two years old she said "Mummy you are right. I am a girl now. But I was a boy and then I went someplace else and then I came back as a little baby and I was a girl but it was a long time afterwards."

She claimed to know relatives who had died before she was born. She would still say when she saw her reflection, "That's not me" but when her mother took out a photo album without saying anything to her she pointed to a picture of the dead brother she never knew and said "There I am! That's when I was a boy. I told you Mummy, do you remember me now?" She then proceeded to point out and name other relatives who were dead before she was born. TBH my auntie became quite scared of her and didn't know what to do. She had also wished for the son who died to come back to life when she had her little girl so it made her feel a bit guilty and very sad. The whole family refused to believe the little girl and would just tell she was imagining things but she would persist in revealing things about how she used to lay on the couch bleeding and when she was a boy how she bled and bled and it hurt (he actually died of a haemorrage due to leukemia) and then she went away and came back as a girl. I don't think anyone in the family wanted to believe her, it was too weird and spooky! The day her mum finally believed her was the day she was playing aged three then turned around and burst out laughing and said, "I was scared of those monkeys wasn't I? I thought they were going to eat me!".

She was 3 when I met her for the first time and she latched on to me quite a bit. She was tiny but she spoke like someone well beyond her years and was very serious. I used to buy her fairy wings and dressing up clothes and she actually learned to like being a girl, but she did say to me very sadly and seriously one day, "I used to be a boy but I went away and came back smaller and when I came back I was a girl. But I don't talk about it now, it makes mummy upset." She is ten now and all the family say about her is that she has "settled down now". I suppose the spookiest thing for me is that I know this is true and happened with my own family.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^wow interesting story!:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    FluffyEgg wrote: »
    How Gordon Brown is still in power.

Please lighten up, Have you done anything of interest, that would be more interesting to read.:(
    Forum Member
    keniki wrote: »
    These baffle me as well.

Also what really happened to Genette Tate, I can still see her pixie like face after all these years. Cant remember exactly how long now.
    Does anyone else remember her.

Someone in prison for murder of other girl/s strong chance he killed Genette, most authorities think he is guilty but he would not admit to guilt.
    Forum Member
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    For me it's why Tony Blair isn't facing the war crimes tribunal in the Hague :mad:
    Why wasn't Thatcher tried over the Belgrano, Even in war certain things should be observed, can you imagine, had we been hundreds of miles outside the exclusion zone and been torpedo'd.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How sad. This was a good thread but it appear its been taken over by political point scoring.
    Forum Member
    sHaK wrote: »
    So you don't think she was abducted, and you don't think she was murdered.

So how has she gone?

Are you saying she was found dead and spirited away?.
    Forum Member
    bingoman wrote: »
    Sheargar's disapearince has intriged me has that case been solved yet:confused:

IRA. were blamed, but I dont know if they admitted it.
  • bluebroombluebroom Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just went to reply to someone on the psychic thread about madeleine mccann and it is closed, that's the second thread today - is there an embargo on these threads? are we not allowed to mention that case now at all?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    Yes, that one is quite baffling.

That estate agent lass was another.
    Do youmean Suzy Lamplugh? Isn't there a guy already in prison they have questioned about her disappearance?
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    bluebroom wrote: »
    I just went to reply to someone on the psychic thread about madeleine mccann and it is closed, that's the second thread today - is there an embargo on these threads? are we not allowed to mention that case now at all?

No obviously we are not!! You have to follow the McCann script otherwise the thread is closed. I found the psychic thread very interesting and as far as I could see, saw nothing that would justify closing it down but it seems the McCanns have a great deal of power. Why and from whom I have no idea.
    Forum Member
    Vivadiva wrote: »
    The David Kelly case just doesn't sit right with me at all.

I have always wondered if Myra Hindley really did die or whether she was released and save the inevitable public fury that would follow. Probably nothing in it whatsoever.

I agree always found the whole suicide thing hard to swallow. It amazes me that his family have never questioned the findings. It is similar to the President Kennedy Conspiracy, Robert Kennedy never seemed to question the findings of the commission!!
    Forum Member
    Really thought provoking thread. I must say I have spent hours on here checking the LINKS and have been amazed at all the unsolved cases. It is amazing that girl can disappear in the middle of York and nobody sees anything, hears anything. Claudia Lawrence obviously never mentioned any concerns to her friends or family about anyone in her life. I doubt if we will learn anything more about this case now. Obviously some people can get away with murder and never be found by the police. I feel so sorry for her Father having to deal with all those revelations about her life. I think some things should be kept private and what good has it done. The fact that she went out with married men has not help find out what happened to her.
  • sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bingoman wrote: »
    Sheargar's disapearince has intriged me has that case been solved yet:confused:

I read a very brutal account of Shergar's death by someone who claimed to be there. I can't find it now, but here is a link to what supposedly happened. It's very sad, and possibly not for the squeamish.