Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 5)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    No , its Rachel Hughes , Graham Clark pushed her off a cliff in May 1999

Ah, thanks for that . I remember it particularly as there were no spoilers then and I had no idea either that she was going to have an accident or die. When she fell off the cliff I thought she would just spend a few days in hospital.

6,000th post!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    lillabet wrote: »
    Rebecca Grant,Holby city I think

• peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    No , its Rachel Hughes , Graham Clark pushed her off a cliff in May 1999
    .......while wearing a red wig
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    Ah, thanks for that . I remember it particularly as there were no spoilers then and I had no idea either that she was going to have an accident or die. When she fell off the cliff I thought she would just spend a few days in hospital.

6,000th post!

Congrats, David. I'll have to speed up here, I'm getting left behind. :D
  • dobby's bludgerdobby's bludger Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aida wrote: »
    Not in my estimation - for me, they were both good to the last drop, especially Zoe!

I find it very difficult to care about anything Nee-co does nowadays - but you're right, Tink - Jimmy could just have easily have got a fresh egg himself!

I just don't know what's going on with Lisa - her wanting the whole thing hushed up reinforces what too many people still believe nowadays - that a mental disorder is a stigma.

Having said that, I've never actually seen a Section invoked when the nearest relative is present without them being involved in trying to persuade the patient to remain in hospital on a voluntary basis.

Lisa can appeal to have Zak discharged, provided she gives 72 hours notice of her appeal, but the clinician treating him can prevent him being removed.

I didn't even notice Belle being insolent - everyone is rude and nasty in 'Emmerdale' due to Blackburn's conviction that all females are 'feisty'! :rolleyes:

In other news, Cain is teetering dangerously on the brink of sainthood in Debbie's eyes , Dim David and Squeaky Barton made me want to throw up, Ashley might have stood a slim chance of redemption if he'd talked to his bishop and accepted counselling - and lastly - I don't give a flying f**k about some dreary bottom-of-the-barrel zeleb turning up some time soon in the Village of the Damned.
    excuse me?:confused:
  • HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what Aida is referring to, but I laughed heartily at Debbie's claim she's been constantly worrying that someone was out to get Cain or them.

She's never looked happier since getting back with Cameron. And from my recollection has treated him as if he's a burden.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read the most outrageous spoiler ever.
    Concerned for their relationship, Eric tells Amy that if she wants him to, he'll end it with Brenda.
    So a teenage girl he's known for about a year and who's even his daughter can dictate how Eric runs his life :rolleyes: Not only is it utterly ridiculous but if it was Amy who was going out with a man Eric doesn't like, he'd be expected to keep his opinion to himself, it's her life, her choice, she's not a kid anymore, he has to respect it blah blah blah. I hate how the teenagers and young adults always rule the roost, have the last word and can be rude without ever being put in their place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    Concerned for their relationship, Eric tells Amy that if she wants him to, he'll end it with Brenda.
    So a teenage girl he's known for about a year and who's even his daughter can dictate how Eric runs his life :rolleyes: Not only is it utterly ridiculous but if it was Amy who was going out with a man Eric doesn't like, he'd be expected to keep his opinion to himself, it's her life, her choice, she's not a kid anymore, he has to respect it blah blah blah. I hate how the teenagers and young adults always rule the roost, have the last word and can be rude without ever being put in their place.

She's the new Aaron. I'm sure we'll see her say 'Please, do it for me.' I'm guessing Val returns and Amy wants him to get back with her. Anyway, she's not a child. Pulling the attention starved brat move is just incredible. Eric should tell her to grow up.
  • AidaAida Posts: 2,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    I'm not sure what Aida is referring to, but I laughed heartily at Debbie's claim she's been constantly worrying that someone was out to get Cain or them.

She's never looked happier since getting back with Cameron. And from my recollection has treated him as if he's a burden.

I meant that since the revelation that it was Zak who tried to kill him came out, Cain seems, to her, to be less of a villain who is being stalked by some past 'acquaintance' from his previous life of crime.

It's not really important.

What is important is the spoiler from Miss Lola - if this turns out to be true, it'll be the final straw for me and 'Emmerdale' - bliddy unbelievable! :mad:
    Forum Member
    It didn't surprise me that Debbie was shouting and snarling at the doctor, but what was Lisa up to? She has always been the sensible one and surely she would want Zak to be treated, even if it took a few weeks. Yet both Belle and Sam could see it from the doctor's point of view.
    That spoiler defies belief. What has Amy got to do with Eric's personal life, unless he was going out with a mass murderer or something , which he is not
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's none of glow in the dark amy's business who he goes out with, i hope he chucks her and val out on their earholes and moves brenda in:cool:
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Congrats, David. I'll have to speed up here, I'm getting left behind. :D

I suspect you will overtake me in the very near future.

I still don't understand the kid being dumped on Jimmy. Where is Kelly supposed to be. I never saw the original thing about them having an affair, and I have missed a few episodes recently so just catching up.

If I were David ( well I am ) I would certainly prefer Squeaky to the greasy Rachel and the tarty Alicia.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    Well i think this shows how much Pollard's relationship with Amy means to to him which is very nice to see but i do however hold out hope that she'll accept the relationship with Brenda!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i think this shows how much Pollard's relationship with Amy means to to him which is very nice to see but i do however hold out hope that she'll accept the relationship with Brenda!
    so he should allow glow worm amy to run his life for him and upset other people?
    i don't think so:eek:
    why you like the character of amy i don't know:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of it would be believable if Amy was a neglected 6 year old child. But she isn't.

Edit - Perhaps believable is the wrong word because people do get jealous of others at any age. Just why Eric would go along with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member

I think I agree with you. I say 'think' because my feelings towards Amy can (and do) vary from one episode to the next. But who knows ...
    maybe Amy will surprise everyone and have grown up enough to actually put Eric's needs ahead of her own for once. Not likely on past behaviour, perhaps, but possible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so he should allow glow worm amy to run his life for him and upset other people?
    i don't think so:eek:
    why you like the character of amy i don't know:(

I dont like Amy i LOVE Amy! :p:D

Believe it or not i dont think that Amy is trying to run his life ive said it lots of times before i just believe that Amy is trying to look out for Pollard with this thing with Brenda and the fact that if Pollard does get with Brenda she is scared that it will destroy any chance of him getting back with Val and thus the 1st proper family in her whole life being destroyed!
    All of it would be believable if Amy was a neglected 6 year old child. But she isn't.

She's had a pretty bad upbringing a complete waste of a mother being dragged in and out of care like ive said in the post above this is Amy first proper family and she is just scared in case it ruins any chance of it reuniting!
    AllieSA wrote: »
    I think I agree with you. I say 'think' because my feelings towards Amy can (and do) vary from one episode to the next. But who knows ...
    maybe Amy will surprise everyone and have grown up enough to actually put Eric's needs ahead of her own for once. Not likely on past behaviour, perhaps, but possible.

I really hope she does i think she does owe Eric after the way he supported her through the Nutter Val and Kyle situation and by giving her blessing to this relationship could be the way to return the favour!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Edit - Perhaps believable is the wrong word because people do get jealous of others at any age. Just why Eric would go along with it.

No she isn't, she's a 45 year old woman according to t'Dailians :D

But tbf, Eric has grown to love AWP since he took her in, which is as it should be. He has to at least take her feelings into account I think. Anway as
    Val is back imminently, she will no doubt sort things out and it will be out of Amy's hands
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See JR fighting Amy's case again:D

As I said, I'm sort of in the middle- Amy's done a lot of bad things but when Eric lost it after Val left she was genuinely looking out for him and trying to keep the business going

I do think she cares about him, I think when he supported her over the adoption her view of him changed considerably and i think she would now be more loyal to him than Val- but ultimately it should be his decision who he sees- by all means talk to her about it but it's a bit ridiculous to say that he won't see Brenda if she disapproves
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    I suspect you will overtake me in the very near future.

I still don't understand the kid being dumped on Jimmy. Where is Kelly supposed to be. I never saw the original thing about them having an affair, and I have missed a few episodes recently so just catching up.

If I were David ( well I am ) I would certainly prefer Squeaky to the greasy Rachel and the tarty Alicia.

Kelly apparently wanted to go to the States for 6 months, (new boyfriend I think), so dumped Elliot on Jimmy then.
    We have no proof, other than Kelly's word, that the kid is Jimmy's and I suspect it's only a matter of time before we find out he isn't
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jimmy needs to go get a DNA Test

I can see him and Nicola getting very attached to Elliot and then learning child isn't his:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See JR fighting Amy's case again:D

As I said, I'm sort of in the middle- Amy's done a lot of bad things but when Eric lost it after Val left she was genuinely looking out for him and trying to keep the business going

I do think she genuinely cares about him but ultimately it should be his decision who he sees- by all meas talk to her about it but it's a bit ridiculous to say that he won't see Brenda if she disapproves

I'm not normally Orangina's staunchest defender, but tbf, I don't see Brenda as the new love of Eric's life. I think for him at least, it's purely a sex thing,
    and as soon as Val gets back, after a few weeks of screaming matches, he'll end up back with her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like Amy i LOVE Amy! :p:D

Believe it or not i dont think that Amy is trying to run his life ive said it lots of times before i just believe that Amy is trying to look out for Pollard with this thing with Brenda and the fact that if Pollard does get with Brenda she is scared that it will destroy any chance of him getting back with Val and thus the 1st proper family in her whole life being destroyed!

She's had a pretty bad upbringing a complete waste of a mother being dragged in and out of care like ive said in the post above this is Amy first proper family and she is just scared in case it ruins any chance of it reuniting!

I really hope she does i think she does owe Eric after the way he supported her through the Nutter Val and Kyle situation and by giving her blessing to this relationship could be the way to return the favour!

Sorry but the fact that she's had a difficult upbringing doesn't give her a say in who Eric f**ks. He's a grown man and she's old enough to respect his private life. Amy's relationship with Eric became unrealistic the day she branded his son a paedo, ruined David's reputation and cost him his job, blackmailed Eric and never even properly apologised. Then she also managed to fake a robbery and stole Val's mother ring. She ruined Eric's marriage with Val yet she begrudges him the chance to move on with a woman who makes him happy. Nobody would put up with so much crap and let an almost 18 girl they've fostered for only a year lord it over their life.
  • mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    Aida wrote: »
    Howling (no pun intended) with laughter - brilliant, Musty! :D
    Ta Aida :D
    what's the relevance between kelly and the film tremors because i looked up the summary and i don't think anything in it is relevant to kelly

also, why the reference to belle and the exorcist?
    There was no horror film called Wobblers, so Tremors had to do instead.

I thought Belle and The Exorcist was pretty obvious - a young girl at the mercy of dark forces. I'd love to see Ashley get a gobful of pea-soup sick in his face :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Kelly apparently wanted to go to the States for 6 months, (new boyfriend I think), so dumped Elliot on Jimmy then.
    We have no proof, other than Kelly's word, that the kid is Jimmy's and I suspect it's only a matter of time before we find out he isn't

agreed :)
This discussion has been closed.