The Walking Dead - Season 5 - Spike pace (no spoilers)

Comments

• Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I won't watch TV shows on my computer though. I'll have to hope it makes its way onto TV at some later date.
    That's a bit of a shame - though I entirely understand the reluctance to install 200 different tv show players because there is no such thing as 'just the one'.
    Once one player is installed, the thin end of the foot is wedged in the door, the floodgates are opened and it's all downhill after that. Not a good thing for a PC used for working so I keep mine clear of these things.

And I don't have wifi set up for the fondleslab which means Demand5 refused to work along with 99% of other catch-up services because they all have this stupid WTF wifi-only requirement if you're using a tablet presumably because only the UK has wifi FFS really?
  • Stranded1012345Stranded1012345 Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're a fan of The Walking Dead, you might enjoy this.

https://thelastonesofficial.wordpress.com/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: :cry:
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: :cry:

I guess you've caught up to the mid season finale episode?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I guess you've caught up to the mid season finale episode?
    I have no idea. I'm watching it at "Spike pace" and last night it was episode 7 and 8 of 16, ("Crossed" and "Coda") and since next week there's episodes 9 and 10, I'm guessing not (in spite of being the halfway point), and it's not described that way in the EPG. So maybe, maybe not.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea. I'm watching it at "Spike pace" and last night it was episode 7 and 8 of 16, ("Crossed" and "Coda") and since next week there's episodes 9 and 10, I'm guessing not (in spite of being the halfway point), and it's not described that way in the EPG. So maybe, maybe not.

Did they show the Post Credits scene (Episode 8) this time?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was the episode where Beth died, right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Did they show the Post Credits scene (Episode 8) this time?
    I didn't see one. A quick search on it turns something up that might be it which I will look at in a moment which I suspect as before will be the same person following some time later.
    Edit : yep
    It was the episode where [...] right?
    Yes. Lucky that wasn't in episode 9 or later, or that might have been a slight teensy bit of a spoiler. And it already *is* for anyone who is watching the Thursday repeats instead.

The show is relatively resistant to spoilers but not entirely impervious.

Since it looks like I'm the only person here who is actually watching this one at Spike pace, this seems to be a good time to leave the thread or the 'did this happen yet' is going to get annoying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes.

Well that was the mid season finale episode before the show went on a break in the States for a couple of months.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is funny how Maggie seemed to suddenly remember that she has a relationship with someone whose name isn't Glenn, for the first time in weeks!
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Beth. :o:cry:

I always felt like a bit of a perve thinking she was so beautiful but as the actress is actually 30 I am not too bothered now! :blush:

So I have been watching the Friday night edited versions? >:(

F*** I hate the fact that the episodes have been cut without checking first.

I hate censorship in horror full stop - what the hell is the point in a show like this?

It's late Thursday's for me from now on - on this thread it says they are uncut - is that right?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Beth. :o:cry:

I always felt like a bit of a perve thinking she was so beautiful but as the actress is actually 30 I am not too bothered now! :blush:

Me too! I bet she's gonna have to carry ID when she goes to bars for at least another ten years. :D
  • CroftCroft Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was the episode where Beth died, right?

Beth dies ???
  • Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm at a Spike pace too.
    Great Series 5 so far.
    My goodness, those last two episodes were depressing! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It made me laugh in the last episode where Carol said that she's a "people person", I think that she meant to say "I'm a killing people person".

And I'm sure that now that the gang have found another refuge, the rest of the season will be all about how stable and happy their lives will become. :D

Oh and FFS get your haircut Carl, you truly do have helmet hair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mind the pedestrians! This is why we have the MOT, folks - to ensure the screen wash and wipers are working properly :eek:
    ... And I'm sure that now that the gang have found another refuge, ...
    Indeed - if it looks like some kind of paradise there must be *something* wrong...
    Perhaps they were brought in because Queen Deanna is worried about losing control of her troops? Or getting some new ones, or to get the kids brainwashed?

Haircut for Carl, no question about that, though I think Carol's threat of a hose-down might not be enough for Daryl's protective coating which I think surely has armour-like qualities by now!

So is a Congresscritter an up or down grade from a Governor? It seems to me like that's an awful lot of wall to have been put up by what would be a fairly limited number of people unless the construction workers from conveniently nearby helped on the promise of bunk in a posh house and some/all being thinned out via 'accidents on supply runs'.
    The disappearing gun and there just happens to be a previously unnoticed walker under the carpet...?

But "brought dinner" :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So does anyone know how many viewers Spike UK is getting for showing S5 of The Walking Dead on Friday nights?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viewing figures specifically for Friday nights, looks like anywhere between 120k and 190k, plus or minus bank holidays, half-term etc, no idea about other days or catch-up though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mind the pedestrians! This is why we have the MOT, folks - to ensure the screen wash and wipers are working properly :eek:

It always makes me laugh how no one in The Walking Dead seems to able to see more than about 20m in front of them as time and time again they manage to get entangled with beings that can only move at about 3 mph!
  • tichtichtichtich Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi. I'm not sure about the spoiler policy here. Is it safe to post about the new episodes as soon as they've been broadcast the first time (Friday evening), or should we wait until after all the repeats, which really means waiting another week, since they're repeated the next Thursday night/Friday morning? Waiting another week means I've probably already seen the next episodes by the time I can discuss the previous ones! No wonder the thread seems to have almost died out.

Oh, well. The season's nearly over anyway. (Pity.) But it'd be nice to know the general forum policy on this. Is there one? Unfortunately, the pinned notice about spoilers doesn't mention it.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There isn't really a general forum policy. There may be a thread-specific policy. Normally discussion is open after first broadcast at the stated pace. It's understood that if you are watching a repeat, then you should avoid the thread. The reason being more or less what you say: there could be any number of repeats. It could be on iPlayer for a month. People want to discuss it as soon as they've seen it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tichtich wrote: »
    ... Waiting another week means I've probably already seen the next episodes by the time I can discuss the previous ones! No wonder the thread seems to have almost died out. ...
    As said above, it's up for discussion once broadcast at the stated pace, but nobody (OK, maybe just me) is entirely sure how polite we need to be about those on repeat or catch-up, plus or minus anyone who saw it all before already and it just feels a bit weird to have to wait almost a week for a reply (mainly because I have to re-read a few posts to remember wtf I was on about).

We effectively end up with a short discussion window between the Thursday night repeats when everyone has in theory caught up and the new episodes on Friday evening which effectively means Friday only which feels very disjointed. Then add the uncertainty as to whether anything critical got cut (fortunately not but ignorance might have been bliss...).

Or something like that anyway.
  • fewkestefewkeste Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    I've only just discovered that Spike is showing TWD seasons 3 and 5. I had the full season 4 on a PVR but the HDD failed before I watched any episodes so i'm hoping for a season 4 re-broadcast somewhere sometime. Two questions - does anyone know/think Spike will re-run season 5 again and do we think they will show season 4 (perhaps after they have finished running season 3 for example?)
  • tichtichtichtich Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, Brangdon and Wibble. Well, I'll go ahead and discuss the latest episodes. If you haven't seen them yet, please look away.

1. I thought those two scenes of people being eaten alive were among the most gruesome to date. I had to look away from the TV.

2. It wasn't clear to me what caused the explosion in the warehouse. Did Deanna's son throw a grenade? I'm tempted to say he got what he deserved, but no one deserves what happened to him!

3. Being the kind of person who likes a happy ending, I was hoping things would be OK in the village at least until the end of the season. No such luck! Things were looking good for a while, with even Daryl starting to fit in. But it didn't take long for the s**t to hit the fan.

4. What will happen next? I don't suppose Deanna was very impressed by the priest's ranting about how evil Rick's group is. But it will add to her already growing concerns. And the death of her son won't help. On the other side, Rick and others were preparing to take over the village if it became necessary. I assume now they'll decide it's time. It's become clear it's too risky to rely on the villagers. But will there be a big fight? Surely the villagers will realise they're too hopeless at fighting to do anything. Maybe they'd try fighting if they had guns and Rick's group didn't. So I guess one of Rick's first moves will be to seize the armoury. After that, our guys could probably just insist on full control over all security matters, keeping the keys to the armoury, not taking anyone outside the walls who they don't fully trust, etc. But that's the rationalist me speaking, looking for a happy ending. I guess things won't go so smoothly. Will we end up with yet another destroyed community? There can't be many left!
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As said above, it's up for discussion once broadcast at the stated pace, but nobody (OK, maybe just me) is entirely sure how polite we need to be about those on repeat or catch-up, plus or minus anyone who saw it all before already and it just feels a bit weird to have to wait almost a week for a reply (mainly because I have to re-read a few posts to remember wtf I was on about).

We effectively end up with a short discussion window between the Thursday night repeats when everyone has in theory caught up and the new episodes on Friday evening which effectively means Friday only which feels very disjointed. Then add the uncertainty as to whether anything critical got cut (fortunately not but ignorance might have been bliss...).

Or something like that anyway.

I would find it much easier to be up to date, and therefore able to fully contribute to this thread (which I started) if there was only one episode broadcast each week. I would have been happier if Spike had decided to start TWD from Season 1 all the way through to Season 5. As it is, I started watching the repeats of Season 3, then couldn't hold out and started S5. However, I haven't even caught up with that yet.

I have even worse problems with Breaking Bad, with 5 episodes a week to record - I tend to only watch two a week, so am well behind.