Coldplay - Viva La Vida

James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What are peoples initial thoughts on the first four songs of the album? Life in Technicolor, Lost, Viva La Vida and Violet Hill?

Are people excited to hear the rest of the album?

Comments

• shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are peoples initial thoughts on the first four songs of the album? Life in Technicolor, Lost, Viva La Vida and Violet Hill?

Only heard Violet Hill ( I downloaded it) but when it comes on the radio now I turn over as i'm already bored with it. No wonder it didnt get to No.1. that and the silly idea of letting everyone download it for nowt:rolleyes:
  • James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Only heard Violet Hill ( I downloaded it) but when it comes on the radio now I turn over as i'm already bored with it. No wonder it didnt get to No.1. that and the silly idea of letting everyone download it for nowt:rolleyes:

I thought it didn't get to number 1 because it was on a free download, and therefore free downloads arent added to the chart?

Also, I did initially like Violet Hill, I think Viva La Vida is quite good and will do well, Lost is pretty boring (not just because it is accoustic) and Life in Technicolor is only 2 and a half mins long (in the download I have) and there is no recognised singing on the track, which is just unusual for Coldplay.
  • TomDaOneTomDaOne Posts: 11,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have got and played Violet Hill and Viva La Vida loads and think they are amazing songs, got me liking Coldplay again, since I lost interest after the first album.

Heard Lost today and I'm not too keen, though it is only the first listen. It did not grab me right from the off like Violet Hill and Viva La Vida. I have not heard Life In Technicolor yet.

Definitely intend to get the album.