Options

anybody else hate the character shadrach?

tvtimestvtimes Posts: 9,276
Forum Member
He winds me up so bad. I know he's only a soap character but there is people just like him. He's a complete waster and I don't think emmerdale should have a character like that in a soap its like they justify it or something. Please tell me he's leaving?

Comments

• Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Shadrach is leaving but he keeps nearly leaving but not quite. He spent a couple of weeks away after the bath fell through the floor then came back. I'm not sure he's ever been in one but I digress! Then when I found out he'd be run over I thought he was being killed off but he wasn't. So I wonder how he will eventually leave?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Just caught him tonight, and thought i was wacthing The Wizard of Oz..He is the spit of the lion ..lol a coward he is :D
  • Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvtimes wrote: »
    He winds me up so bad. I know he's only a soap character but there is people just like him. He's a complete waster and I don't think emmerdale should have a character like that in a soap its like they justify it or something. Please tell me he's leaving?

He winds me up aswell big time, seriously i was quite happy to see him get run over but i don't agree with the highlighted part, as like you said there are people just like him and this is a soap trying to be as near to real life as possible so it's appropriate. Anyway with any luck he'll carry on drinking and that'll be the end of him :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well he gets
    knocked over, whilst too p!ssed in the road, he doesnt see the car....Is that his exit ?
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Well he gets
    knocked over, whilst too p!ssed in the road, he doesnt see the car....Is that his exit ?

That ^^^^^ has already happened ;)

In tonight's epi he was told to stop drinking or he'll die.
    Work it out for yourselves :p
  • Options
    Forum Member

oh..lol
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank god they're showing the effect his drinking has had on him
  • Options
    Forum Member

In tonight's epi he was told to stop drinking or he'll die.
    Work it out for yourselves
    :p

I don't watch it..any caught that last bit, cos i was waiting for corrie :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly the worst character in all of soapland. And I'm including Gaz in Hollyoaks and Terry in Emmerdale in that statement.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    Possibly the worst character in all of soapland. And I'm including Gaz in Hollyoaks and Terry in Emmerdale in that statement.

I would add Emmerdale's Viv and Debbie...plus Corrie's Sean and Michelle;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    He is brilliant and one of my fave characters after Eli .I was shocked they wont let him just make some part time appearances and are writing him out .
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    You're a souless person if you hate Shadrach.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    masterquan wrote: »
    You're a souless person if you hate Shadrach.

I dont like him! Duno what that says about me.. :p But i dont think his character adds anything to the soap :confused: In fact what is his character, apart from a drunk, scruffy waster who sponges off everyone? Hes never any help to any of his family and causes more trouble than hes worth! (Btw im sure the guy who plays shadrach is lovely, i just dont like the character! :o)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dee22Éire wrote: »
    I dont like him! Duno what that says about me.. :p But i dont think his character adds anything to the soap :confused: In fact what is his character, apart from a drunk, scruffy waster who sponges off everyone? Hes never any help to any of his family and causes more trouble than hes worth! (Btw im sure the guy who plays shadrach is lovely, i just dont like the character! :o)

and he breaks wind alot ..ewwww :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    I imagine that it will come as a huge relief to the actor that he will finally be able to have a haircut and a shave when he leaves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    I imagine that it will come as a huge relief to the actor that he will finally be able to have a haircut and a shave when he leaves.

lol yes i bet. He always looks scruffy even at awards etc.

I think he has been an 'extra' for such a long time. Just a character who builds up the numbers, you do need them in the cast, they can't all have huge s/l all the time. I think his exit story will be a good one though, last night was good already.
  • Options
    c4hc4h Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadrach is ill, he is an alcoholic. He knows he's going to die if he doesen't stop drinking but still refuses to stop. And yes, you're right, there are people just like him in real life, people who need help. I think it's good that Emmerdale are highlighting issues like this for that very reason. You must be extremely narrow-minded if all you see him as is a waster.
  • Options
    fryup32fryup32 Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    He adds humour, and his mannerisms create interesting senarios. There is a slice of different about him, bringing an extra dimension into the show. Soaps should be full of characters like a comic book. After all it is fiction but can add realism. For those who hate him, maybe he reminds you of someone in real life that you dislike, I don't know. If all the characters were the same pattern it would be a boring soap.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I think he was one of the best characters in Emmerdale, I will miss him.
    The trouble is he was badly used as an actor.

Time to get shot of Cain and Charity as well. In my opinion they are no longer believable.
  • Options
    missyaliciamissyalicia Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can't stand idea of him - the smelly drunk, but there is something about him that really tugs at the heart strings. I hate seeing him getting picked on. Perhaps that something to do with the actor's portrayal of him. I'm sure he's capable of alot more than he was given to do.
  • Options
    Lola02Lola02 Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is not acting as well as he use to IMO but i always loved his double act with Belle .

He was defintely a great comedy character in his prime but i think things have gone downhill in the last year .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He really is a despicable character. You can fair smell him :(

The only time he was anywhere near likeable was when he became godparent to Ashley and Laurels son.

I mean face it, would you let him live with you ? :eek:

I think that now he is due to die, they are trying to make you feel sorry for him, with his whole, whoa is me, nobody likes me, I don't even like myself, poor tale.

Too little too late, he is a sad horrible little man.

Having said all that I hate Cain much more, he is evil and vindictive, he thinks he has the right to take what he wants, from who he wants, and doesn't care who gets hurt in the process. There is no excuse for his behaviour, he is not compelled by an addiction, like Shadders, he is just thoroughly selfish.

I soooooo want to see him take a huge fall. :D
  • Options
    looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hostajohn wrote: »
    I think he was one of the best characters in Emmerdale, I will miss him.
    The trouble is he was badly used as an actor.

Time to get shot of Cain and Charity as well. In my opinion they are no longer believable.
    You know, I was just thinking that last night.

I used to love Cain and Charity (separately - not as a couple), but since Charity's return, and them getting together as a couple, I just find them and the storylines a bit boring & unrealistic. Even the blackmail one at the moment, which should be good, is not hitting the mark ( no pun intended) for me.

Split them up & get rid of one.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Just caught him tonight, and thought i was wacthing The Wizard of Oz..He is the spit of the lion ..lol a coward he is :D

Ha ha ha I'm glad someone else thinks that too :D

I think Shadrach is great but he's been quite wasted (lol, not like that) on Emmerdale. I remember during the storyline with Ashley and Laurel when their baby died he had some absolutely fantastic scenes with Laurel which showed he was so much more than just a boozy layabout and I wish that the writers had made more of his friendship with the Thomas' after that, but I can't even remember the last time they had scenes together.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    david1955 wrote: »

When he was in Queer As Folk [not sure how many years back] he looked exactly like he does now.
    So I'm not entirely sure his 'look' was developed specially for Shadrach.