Options

Gay Spy Fit Reader of the Week

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
Forum Member
The same person has been up for about two months...

And I personally think it is a little sleazy. This is not some sex site DS!

Time to take it down....

Comments

• Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What you looking at it for?
  • Options
    Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    sex sex sex. thats all you hear about these days. Does nobody play connect 4 anymore?
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sex sex sex. thats all you hear about these days. Does nobody play connect 4 anymore?

kinky
  • Options
    TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I put this opinion forward ages ago. It's an embarrassment to what is otherwise a very professional website.
  • Options
    qwertyqueenqwertyqueen Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is an embarrassment and it reinforces the stereotype that gay men are all sex-obsessed maniacs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TYCO wrote: »
    I put this opinion forward ages ago. It's an embarrassment to what is otherwise a very professional website.

Hmm generally I suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is an embarrassment and it reinforces the stereotype that gay men are all sex-obsessed maniacs.

Surely issues revolving around sexuality are going to be at least somewhat sexual :confused:
  • Options
    cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never look at it, so that's a fail from me.

G
  • Options
    billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    WTF :confused::confused:
  • Options
    qwertyqueenqwertyqueen Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »
    Surely issues revolving around sexuality are going to be at least somewhat sexual :confused:

A gay section could focus on gay issues rather than just displaying endless pictures of semi-naked men. I don't know why a site like this has to have a gay section at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    A gay section could focus on gay issues rather than just displaying endless pictures of semi-naked men. I don't know why a site like this has to have a gay section at all.

Because DS is a business and it attracts a 'unique' audience for 'unique' advert revenue.

Although it is a bit sleazy, it's nothing terrible obscene and gay-related entertainment stories are also linked in the blog anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I dont really know why it has a gay section either, but gay issues are always gonna be a bit sexual, I dunno, just feels a bit divisive to me. It's just my half brained musings on the subject, I dont really care tbh. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member

We play connect 4 all day, never heard of sex though.
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why no Hetro or Bi Spy ? :)
  • Options
    billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member

:D:D got a sorta ring to it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    oceanmatt wrote: »

Time to take it down....

I agree it is very very sleazy. Shouldnt be allowed. Disgraceful.

Next pictures please.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont really know why it has a gay section either, but gay issues are always gonna be a bit sexual, I dunno, just feels a bit divisive to me. It's just my half brained musings on the subject, I dont really care tbh. :)

Have to say there was no particular outcry to have it and it seems DS staff led (items are often bylined by the music editor),

Would be fair enough to have a section with hot man or woman of the day that everyone can join in with,

G
  • Options
    Forum Member

Because DS are clearly hetrophobic, and Islamaphobic because there's no "Muslim Spy" and Anti-Semantic because there's no "Jew Spy", and sexist because there's no "Sexy Women Spy" etc etc etc...

GaySpy must be working for DS otherwise they'd have stopped it. If you are offended by it you don't need to venture there. I have no interest in soaps so I never go into the soaps section. Tis that simple. I think soaps are shit, but I don't want that section to be removed.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    oceanmatt wrote: »

Time to take it down....

What is sleazy about it? You don't see any cock!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    I don't see it as a problem, but I never look at it so.

I don't see why people are saying it's unfair and there should be more women either. That's like saying Nuts magazine should have more men in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because DS are clearly hetrophobic, and Islamaphobic because there's no "Muslim Spy" and Anti-Semantic because there's no "Jew Spy", and sexist because there's no "Sexy Women Spy" etc etc etc...

oi, you being bi-phobic? :mad:

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oi, you being bi-phobic? :mad:

:p

Digital Bi is just a rip off, though :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confusing wrote: »

I don't see why people are saying it's unfair and there should be more women either. That's like saying Nuts magazine should have more men in it.

That is also very true,

G
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Confusing wrote: »

I get annoyed having to plough through a load of topless fish just to get to page 60 odd to read my favourite comic strip.
  • Options
    ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    In my humble and gay opinion (IMH+GO?) there's nothing wrong with having bare-chested pics of male celebrities for gay men and straight women to peruse, that's little different to the content of chat mags and falls within the remit of a media site, particularly as those celebrities are chatted about by their admirers in forums here. No problem it being called Gay Spy either, since that communicates to gay men and straight women that the content is likely to be of interest.

But having similar pics of non-celebrity gay men there, who appear to be exploiting the situation like it's an 'as seen on gay spy" contact advert, presents a different issue, and it's also rather unfair on all other sexualities, straight and lesbian.

It doesn't make this gay man feel like I'm a celebratory part of it all anyway, for I'm sure a revealing shot of my flabby, hairy, middle-aged torso, perhaps hidden only by a string vest and an egg stain, would not be published.