Options

Anyone else relieved that the awful Chryed are over, at least for a while?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member
    who me? wrote: »
    Please excuse typos...it's getting dark here in my cave.:p
    Awesome was tongue in cheek btw..I don't actually use that word myself. Although naturally I would reserve it for you if you said something nice about Chryed as an actual couple.:cool:

Feel free to stay in my cave overnight, I have a new gas lamp in here :)
  • Options
    who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feel free to stay in my cave overnight, I have a new gas lamp in here :)

That sounds so cosy:D. I'll bring paints and we can do some cave paintings since I presume we don't have telly to amuse us. Although how the heck do we watch eastenders?.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds so cosy:D. I'll bring paints and we can do some cave paintings since I presume we don't have telly to amuse us. Although how the heck do we watch eastenders?.
    As long as we can paint some giant seaguls! :eek: :sleep: :p
  • Options
    who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    As long as we can paint some giant seaguls! :eek: :sleep: :p

I'll be sure and bring some white paint.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hmm, that could be a problem... I'll try and find a portable TV just for Chryed episodes :D

Get some red paint too so we can paint a Keep Calm and Carry On sign :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Christian and Syed but do think they need a break from each other! Their relationship was becoming very destructive.

I think Christian's actually the kind of character who gels well with others, despite not having any family on the show. He's someone who gets to interact with all kinds of different characters, which I really enjoy, eg Kat, Alfie, Kim, Phil, Ben, Jack, Michael, Tyler, Anthony.... I think it's nice to have someone like that around and makes a change from character's who only have scenes with their family. He has lots of potential IMO, I'd especially love TPTB to bring his mum Linda back, she was a wonderful character and there's still a lot from Christian's background and past left to be explored.

Also, a Linda/Cora scene would be TV gold :sleep:

Propping up the bar in the QV and having a chat with some of the punters is not what I call potential. To be interesting characters needs proper storylines. .
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 57,008
    Forum Member
    i like them but im glad because they were hogging the screentime
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i like them but im glad because they were hogging the screentime

Compare it to last year though, where neither of them were in EE in September (besides a blink-and-you'll miss it appearance from Christian), then they were in one episode in October, and maybe one or two in November, and only a few in December... they really suffered from poor screen time for a very long time, so it was only fair that they had their turn to hog the limelight this Autumn :p

I would have preferred it if the screentime was more evenly spread out though. Characters tend to appear in every episode for a few weeks and then completely disappear for a few weeks... the pacing is terrible.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 57,008
    Forum Member
    Compare it to last year though, where neither of them were in EE in September (besides a blink-and-you'll miss it appearance from Christian), then they were in one episode in October, and maybe one or two in November, and only a few in December... they really suffered from poor screen time for a very long time, so it was only fair that they had their turn to hog the limelight this Autumn :p

I would have preferred it if the screentime was more evenly spread out though. Characters tend to appear in every episode for a few weeks and then completely disappear for a few weeks... the pacing is terrible.
    yes but when they are in it they are in it a lot. you can't say they dont get their fair share of screentime when they are in it. when some other characters are in it they dont get half as much

also they actually get good storylines
  • Options
    SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talk about hijacking a thread... 0_o
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    I liked them in the beginning but it is so dull now. I love Syed but Christian is awful to watch. Does not help that Johnny Partridge can not act. While Marc Elliot, Nina Wadia, Preeya Kalidas and Nitin Ganatra acts him off the screen.
  • Options
    cazzieb2705cazzieb2705 Posts: 12,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its Ok being the 'Fangirl' your made out to be you won't want to watch EE tonight Chryed aren't in it so you have no one to drool over :p:yawn:
  • Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smiirky wrote: »
    Talk about hijacking a thread... 0_o

Maybe you shouldn't have referred to fans of Chryed the way you did. Just sayin'. ;)
This discussion has been closed.