Options

Hollyoaks: John Paul storyline

Comments

• Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamL94 wrote: »
    Can't wait to see John Paul's next scene with Finn, and also with Robbie.

Same here. I really hope JP will find out at some point that it was Finn not Robbie who wrote those malicious lies that were read out in court.
  • Options
    Marianne_321Marianne_321 Posts: 25,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So when do you think we will find out the details of what the horrible incident is that happened to JP in prison as I'm sure they won't show it tomorrow?
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Same here. I really hope JP will find out at some point that it was Finn not Robbie who wrote those malicious lies that were read out in court.

I agree. I am really hoping to see JP and Robbie interact - I find there scenes really interesting for some reason :) Hope we don't get a couple of episodes then that's it. I want months and months of scenes to make up for my precious JP, lol :D:)
  • Options
    gwendagwenda Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible pacing of the story.
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I agree. I am really hoping to see JP and Robbie interact - I find there scenes really interesting for some reason :) Hope we don't get a couple of episodes then that's it. I want months and months of scenes to make up for my precious JP, lol :D:)

It's been some time since Robbie and JP had any scenes, the last time was when Robbie find out the truth confronted JP when he was drunk and said sorry for all the bad things he done to JP. A team up with JP, Robbie and Phoebe bring Finn down would be interesting to see happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Skyfall wrote: »
    It's been some time since Robbie and JP had any scenes, the last time was when Robbie find out the truth confronted JP when he was drunk and said sorry for all the bad things he done to JP. A team up with JP, Robbie and Phoebe bring Finn down would be interesting to see happen.

I agree. Hopefully we have some scenes. I hope people don't think he a child molester sue to the statement especially Sandy.
  • Options
    gwendagwenda Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JP will think Robbie wrote the statement accusing him of grooming. JP is not going be pleased to see him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree. Hopefully we have some scenes. I hope people don't think he a child molester sue to the statement especially Sandy.

The village thinking of JP being a child molester I sure hope not, with the affair truth about JP and Danny now out just hope Danny doesn't blame JP for it and trys to get JP to help him fix his problems he made with Sam and the family only to get back into Sam's good books, if Danny tryed something like this then then he'll a bigger idiot fool for doing that to JP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gwenda wrote: »
    JP will think Robbie wrote the statement accusing him of grooming. JP is not going be pleased to see him.

I agree, I wonder if Robbie will tell JP about the switched statements. I also wonder what his reaction will be to the Robbie/Phoebe relationship.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    The problem with showing kindness and guilt it could take away from the sl, if they started showing Finn being nice and showing guilt I don't think it would work with this sl. Some of the stuff is too panto like Phoebe being scared.

I don't think kindness would work. It doesn't make sense as Finn is beyond that and I don't think him showing guilt in a traditional way would work either but one of the reasons this story line has failed is because Finn hasn't shown any emotions at all and I think that is highly unrealistic. Also Phoebe and Robbie being scared of him is just pathetic.

Why didn't Robbie do more after his statement was tampered with. The story line has just ended up really silly.

How will people be with him after that awful statement :confused: I'm guessing they are going to have to get the situation rectified pretty quickly as surely he wouldn't be welcome anywhere in Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree, I wonder if Robbie will tell JP about the switched statements. I also wonder what his reaction will be to the Robbie/Phoebe relationship.

I haven't watched for a bit but have been wondering about this. Has Phoebe talked to Robbie about the statement at all now they are 'together'? Surely she doesn't believe what was said about JP :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gwenda wrote: »

I can't wait to see Robbie in some scenes with JP. It has been ages since they were in a scene together. After the bridge apology I thought the next time I would see them together was the court hearing but that never happened. I also agree I don't think JP will be very pleased to see Robbie and you can't blame him for it. JP knows that Robbie knows the truth about what happened that night & even though I believe JP thought the apology on the bridge was genuine, since the altered statement he is bound to think Robbie was insincere & found some other way to get at him. I'll be interested to see if Hollyoaks show his reaction to Phoebe going out with Robbie. I still think when Robbie finds out he's been released from prison he may want to avoid him & not look him in the eye due to guilt. I hope he does tell him the statement was altered, but it probably won't be yet! I also wonder if the brick through the McQueen window next week is meant for JP either due to the molestation charges or the affair!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I also wonder if the brick through the McQueen window next week is meant for JP either due to the molestation charges or the affair!

I think so although I hope not. I hope that after JP is released things start looking up for him, I don't want to see him suffer more than he already is.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched for a bit but have been wondering about this. Has Phoebe talked to Robbie about the statement at all now they are 'together'? Surely she doesn't believe what was said about JP :(

No she hasn't said anything, the last time we saw them was when they kissed at the garage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't wait to see Robbie in some scenes with JP. It has been ages since they were in a scene together. After the bridge apology I thought the next time I would see them together was the court hearing but that never happened. I also agree I don't think JP will be very pleased to see Robbie and you can't blame him for it. JP knows that Robbie knows the truth about what happened that night & even though I believe JP thought the apology on the bridge was genuine, since the altered statement he is bound to think Robbie was insincere & found some other way to get at him. I'll be interested to see if Hollyoaks show his reaction to Phoebe going out with Robbie. I still think when Robbie finds out he's been released from prison he may want to avoid him & not look him in the eye due to guilt. I hope he does tell him the statement was altered, but it probably won't be yet! I also wonder if the brick through the McQueen window next week is meant for JP either due to the molestation charges or the affair!

Hello Marianne hope your day been nice and enjoying hollyoaks. JP was shocked to hear about Robbies statement being full of lies witch were stolen and rewritten by Finn that sent him to prsion. JP is bound to be angry and think Robbie write that awful statement just hope Robbie explains it was Finn's doing not his. JP justs wants to be normal and be left alone, the ways things are with Finn still in the village things will still get bad with Finn still walking free in hollyoaks village.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No Phoebe hasn't mentioned it at all, which I find totally unrealistic. All we've heard it that she knows Robbie is sorry for what he's done & wants a second chance. While we know Robbie has remorse & is being nicer now if I were Phoebe I would have questioned him about when he had stopped bullying JP as he had claimed to have done from the overheard conversation with Finn. I would have told him the changed statement was a very cruel thing to do & JP was immediately sent down afterwards. When would Robbie have had the opportunity to stop? I would have smelt a rat & would know Robbie hadn't told me the whole truth & that he was holding something back from the conversation he had with Finn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No Phoebe hasn't mentioned it at all, which I find totally unrealistic. All we've heard it that she knows Robbie is sorry for what he's done & wants a second chance. While we know Robbie has remorse & is being nicer now if I were Phoebe I would have questioned him about when he had stopped bullying JP as he had claimed to have done from the overheard conversation with Finn. I would have told him the changed statement was a very cruel thing to do & JP was immediately sent down afterwards. When would Robbie have had the opportunity to stop? I would have smelt a rat & would know Robbie hadn't told me the whole truth & that he was holding something back from the conversation he had with Finn.

I agree. I find it unrealistic how she just bought his explanation so easily. I know she doesn't know about the rape but she knows about the bullying. I would have thought she would have been more suspicious. When she asked him about the conservation about JP and he mentioned the bullying and how he backed off. It was obvious he was lieing and holding back on something, I can't believe she just took his word for it. I also find it unbelievable how friendly everyone is with Robbie considering they know what he has done. Also since Phoebe hasn't confronted Robbie about the statement does this mean that she believes the statement or not? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Marianne hope your day been nice and enjoying hollyoaks. JP was shocked to hear about Robbies statement being full of lies witch were stolen and rewritten by Finn that sent him to prsion. JP is bound to be angry and think Robbie write that awful statement just hope Robbie explains it was Finn's doing not his. JP justs wants to be normal and be left alone, the ways things are with Finn still in the village things will still get bad with Finn still walking free in hollyoaks village.

Hi Skyfall, Hope you had a nice day as well!

Robbie should tell JP about the swapped statements but I don't see it happening yet. I hope it does, but I imagine they will feel awkward around each other. JP won't want to be anywhere near him. When JP finds out about Robbie going out with Phoebe (apart from being hurt) I think he will be very concerned for her well-being & think she will end up emotionally hurt. We have all seen that Robbie is trying to be nicer, but JP hasn't, he may have thought he was genuine on the bridge, but now he will probably think it was a lie. Even if Robbie does tell him the truth about the swapped statements JP might still be concerned that Robbie will tell Phoebe about what Finn did to him!
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I find it unrealistic how she just bought his explanation so easily. I know she doesn't know about the rape but she knows about the bullying. I would have thought she would have been more suspicious. When she asked him about the conservation about JP and he mentioned the bullying and how he backed off. It was obvious he was lieing and holding back on something, I can't believe she just took his word for it. I also find it unbelievable how friendly everyone is with Robbie considering they know what he has done. Also since Phoebe hasn't confronted Robbie about the statement does this mean that she believes the statement or not? :confused:

They have changed her completely to fit into the sl, they really should have thought things through, she should have either already had a crush on him or got close to him then developed feelings. She'll probably get her heart broken, in Oaks Phoebe can never be happy :(
  • Options
    bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's utterly disgusting how Hollyoaks have written this and allowed it to play out. As if the subject of rape isn't dramatic enough, they feel the need to paint JP out to the community as a predatory gay man preying on his students.

They then allowed a false statement to be read out in court and used as the main piece of evidence to convict JP. Then no follow up. No police investigation into the claims in the false statement.

The whole storyline has jumped the shark. It's insulting to victims or rape and quite frankly a despicable portrayal that's pure sensationalism.

The writers and most importantly Kirkwood should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope this happens too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think kindness would work. It doesn't make sense as Finn is beyond that and I don't think him showing guilt in a traditional way would work either but one of the reasons this story line has failed is because Finn hasn't shown any emotions at all and I think that is highly unrealistic. Also Phoebe and Robbie being scared of him is just pathetic.

Why didn't Robbie do more after his statement was tampered with. The story line has just ended up really silly.

They should have had Finn do more to threaten Robbie and Phoebe to make that work i.e. drag Robbie into alleyway and batter him and Nancy and the Roscoes assume Robbie is the victim of a mugging and Robbie be too scared to tell the truth, maybe Finn threaten to hurt Jason or maybe come on to Phoebe quite strongly (not actually rape as that would take the emphasis of JP rape) and have Phoebe fight him off but be petrified with fear. Robbie could have barged into Tony and Diane's house and told Finn he was sick to subsititute Robbie's real statement for those lies (though that means the truth would have been found out sooner) - there were many possibilities.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, I think Phoebe knows that they were lies. She's just decided to forgive Robbie anyway without mentioning the statement to him & give him another chance.

While I know he has fancied her for months, I still find her suddenly falling for him so unrealistic. As I've said before, I would have found it more believable if she only went with him to discover the truth about JP & slowly fell for him without anticipating to due to the time they had to spend together and seeing another side of him, (while still being conflicted about her feelings because of his past homophobia & what he did to JP).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Skyfall, Hope you had a nice day as well!

Robbie should tell JP about the swapped statements but I don't see it happening yet. I hope it does, but I imagine they will feel awkward around each other. JP won't want to be anywhere near him. When JP finds out about Robbie going out with Phoebe (apart from being hurt) I think he will be very concerned for her well-being & think she will end up emotionally hurt. We have all seen that Robbie is trying to be nicer, but JP hasn't, he may have thought he was genuine on the bridge, but now he will probably think it was a lie. Even if Robbie does tell him the truth about the swapped statements JP might still be concerned that Robbie will tell Phoebe about what Finn did to him!

JP finding out Phebeo going with Robbie is something he want be happy about, if JP finds out Finn been theatening Phebeo he will hit the roof. With Robbie going with Phebeo it will be bad reminders of all the things Robbie done to JP. Either way with JP getting out of jail just hope he'll won't get anymore trouble coming his way, it would be great to see JP happy again.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Me too :( It's so silly that Phoebe wouldn't stand up to Finn and wouldn't put Robbie firmly in his place until / unless he came clean about everything.
This discussion has been closed.