Wallace and Gromit advert for English tourism.

Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
Forum Member
I've just seen this and don't think it's Peter Sallis doing Wallace's voice as he sounds slightly different. Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised as PS is very old now so probably putting his feet (and his voice) up.

Anyone else think the same or are my ears deceiving me? :)

Comments

• Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think your ear are deceiving you
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder who they have planned as a replacement Mr Sallis he is well over 90 now will whoever does take over be putting themselves up for ridicule and stick?
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    I wonder who they have planned as a replacement Mr Sallis he is well over 90 now will whoever does take over be putting themselves up for ridicule and stick?

Alun Armstrong would be good.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Alun Armstrong would be good.
    Are you thinking they'll change the voice completely?

I'd say they'll get an impersonator. After a while people will adapt. I think the voice is intrinsically linked to Wallace so it needs to be the same as it can be.

It works on other things. I watch Star Wars: The Clone Wars cartoon series and some of the voices are very good. You don't really miss them not being the actor that played them in the films.
    Obi Wan - Ewan McGregor
    Dooku - Christopher Lee
    Mace - Samuel L. Jackson
    Yoda etc.
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben Whitehead already stands in as the voice for Wallace. I think he's probably the one doing the voice in the advert.
  • Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    I've just seen this and don't think it's Peter Sallis doing Wallace's voice as he sounds slightly different. Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised as PS is very old now so probably putting his feet (and his voice) up.

I agree. The voice does sound different. I've only seen the ad once so can't be certain if it's a different v/o artist.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen the advert and even with my limited hearing something is off....
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Are you thinking they'll change the voice completely?

I'd say they'll get an impersonator. After a while people will adapt. I think the voice is intrinsically linked to Wallace so it needs to be the same as it can be.

I agree it needs to be as close to Peter Sallis' voice as possible. It's just I can imagine Alun Armstrong's voice saying the lines sometimes.
    Moggio wrote: »
    Ben Whitehead already stands in as the voice for Wallace. I think he's probably the one doing the voice in the advert.

That would explain it then, thanks.
    Ex Pat wrote: »
    I agree. The voice does sound different. I've only seen the ad once so can't be certain if it's a different v/o artist.
    I've seen the advert and even with my limited hearing something is off....

Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed it. :)
  • fifi_folEfifi_folE Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignore
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ex Pat wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1FgRkuiuww

I'd glad I'm not the only person who there was something different about Wallace's voice
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member

Moggio wrote: »
    It's a good interpretation. I've just seen the ad again and when you do pay attention you can hear the difference.