Options

Game Of Thrones Season 4 [US Sun/UK Mon] [NO SPOILERS]

Comments

• Options
    floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im a reader and believe me, there's are loads of spoilers on here with people pretending to be speculating...there's just no way anyone could guess some of the stuff that's been posted

Its self defeating to point them out though.

I thought it was just me being hyper-sensitive to it; glad I'm not the only one to have noticed!
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    It is fricking awesome!. I wish i hadn't spoiled the surprise though!

STOP IT!!!! lol!:o:D
  • Options
    Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IanFergus wrote: »
    I hope that you have recovered Arwen_Evenstar. Take care.

How kind, thank you so much :)

I was rushed in with life threatening anemia (found almost by accident, I figured the reason i'd been feeling so ill was a bad spell of my normal problems) and given two units of blood, which have perked me up no end.

I will have to live with some uncertainty for a short while as tests around the cause were inconclusive, and they decided on a wait and see approach, but should know more in a few weeks.

Getting blood tests again a week tomorrow kind of nervous I will be rushed back again... but I was very well looked after.

:cool:

Luckily this will be well after the finale on Monday so I won't have to miss GoT again should I need re-admitted!
  • Options
    LanarkianLanarkian Posts: 7,568
    Forum Member
    How kind, thank you so much :)

I was rushed in with life threatening anemia (found almost by accident, I figured the reason i'd been feeling so ill was a bad spell of my normal problems) and given two units of blood, which have perked me up no end.

I will have to live with some uncertainty for a short while as tests around the cause were inconclusive, and they decided on a wait and see approach, but should know more in a few weeks.

Getting blood tests again a week tomorrow kind of nervous I will be rushed back again... but I was very well looked after.

:cool:

Luckily this will be well after the finale on Monday so I won't have to miss GoT again should I need re-admitted!
    Good luck and keep well. I went through my own life-threatening crisis last year so I can sympathise. To be fair, it was while being in hospital for a month which introduced me to the GOT books.
  • Options
    Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got some friends from Canada coming to London in a few days, and they want to know if any pubs/public places will be airing the finale.
    That is assuming their hotel doesn't have Sky Atlantic!

(I'll admit to not being a seasoned traveler - do hotels often have that channel? (I don't know which hotel chain they're staying..))
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im a reader and believe me, there's are loads of spoilers on here with people pretending to be speculating...there's just no way anyone could guess some of the stuff that's been posted

Its self defeating to point them out though.

They must be really mundane spoilers. I've been spoiled about one or two big things, I'm sure you know what, and I'm always careful to avoid discussing those areas, but tbf I haven't seen anyone hinting at them in this thread, apart from Vast_Girth's vague, annoying recent posts.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the exhibition is only go to be Belfast or are there any plans to take it nationwide?

Belfast is the only UK destination. They have a few North American cities, Rio, Oslo and Belshaft.

It was awesome by the way.
  • Options
    Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I'm not convinced Ser Friendzone is in dany's badbooks, she has come so far since season 2, to fall for such an obvious lannister play.

last episode in 2 days :(
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got some friends from Canada coming to London in a few days, and they want to know if any pubs/public places will be airing the finale.

(I'll admit to not being a seasoned traveler - do hotels often have that channel? (I don't know which hotel chain they're staying..))
    I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel in the UK that has Sky Atlantic in rooms. Generally you only get free-to-air channels.
  • Options
    Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Any pubs with a TV on in England on Monday night will be showing the World Cup game. True, its Iran v Nigeria, not exactly one of the most important games in the group stages, but that's what every TV in every pub in London will be showing.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Belfast is the only UK destination. They have a few North American cities, Rio, Oslo and Belshaft.

It was awesome by the way.

Dnt say it was awesome :( still can't believe I missed it I blame work lol to make it worse I've been off on holidays this week :/
  • Options
    manlovemanlove Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    That last episode was epic in scale and intimacy. Quite amazing that this is the standard and quality of a TV show [shows how far we've come] ... 10 years ago, that ep would have been closer to a new LoTR film being released. Can't wait for the final next week.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Dnt say it was awesome :( still can't believe I missed it I blame work lol to make it worse I've been off on holidays this week :/

It's still on till the 15th and as I said earlier in the thread I believe you can just go and queue up to get in (the tickets just allow you instant access).

This was the case in previous years anyway.

If you're in Belfast and on Holiday I would certainly go and have a look anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    It's still on till the 15th and as I said earlier in the thread I believe you can just go and queue up to get in (the tickets just allow you instant access).

This was the case in previous years anyway.

If you're in Belfast and on Holiday I would certainly go and have a look anyway.

You can. There was a standby queue last night.

If you do get, be prepared to queue for the Ascend the Wall (bigger than the throne queue) but it's worth the wait.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh cool may see if I can convince a friend to come with I only live 5 miles from the waterfront
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IanFergus wrote: »
    How will they fit in the meteorite smashing into the planet destroying everything (as in book 8)?

You know nothing Ian Fergus :)

The dragons take Bruce Willis to the asteroid with a few thousand barrels of Wildfire to blow it up before it gets here.

I know what you are thinking - he holds his breath when he gets to space.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Batch wrote: »
    You know nothing Ian Fergus :)

Is it wrong that I read that in Ygritte's voice? :D
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Batch wrote: »
    The dragons take Bruce Willis to the asteroid with a few thousand barrels of Wildfire to blow it up before it gets here.

Not gonna lie... I'd watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Came across this on Buzzfeed. Don't worry, no spoilers. But I haven't looked at the comments so avoid them just in case.

It's just them discussing what we've all asked in this thread.

Where the **** is Gendry?
    http://bzfd.it/1mMdpVV
  • Options
    Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish the exhibition would come to England! Anyone know why not?
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Came across this on Buzzfeed. Don't worry, no spoilers. But I haven't looked at the comments so avoid them just in case.

It's just them discussing what we've all asked in this thread.

Where the **** is Gendry?
    http://bzfd.it/1mMdpVV

He found a tiger in his row boat and is currently writing an award-winning book about it.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    I'm puzzled by the lack of ravens. The first series was big on raven-post. Is nobody communicating with anyone else at this stage?

I imagine the Black Watch used a lot of their ravens in asking the Houses for assistance in defending the wall
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Not long now!

How bad is this going to be once it finishes for the season? I've never had to come off smack but I imagine this must be how it feels when your supply is running low and you know there's no more coming. Hmmm...what was it dmuk was saying again? Maybe if I seek out more breasts and violence in the course of my normal life then I'll be able to make it through the hard times?

When is it back?

PS - How tempting would it be if you were the writer on one of these shows, when you have a huge captive audience who think they know what is coming, to just take the story off on a complete surreal tangent? Imagine the reaction if you followed the written story faithfully for four seasons and then in the season 4 finale you just had the planet invaded by ewoks or something. All the fans would be outraged! Hilarious. Or go for a Holy Grail ending. :)
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not long now!

How bad is this going to be once it finishes for the season? I've never had to come off smack but I imagine this must be how it feels when your supply is running low and you know there's no more coming. Hmmm...what was it dmuk was saying again? Maybe if I seek out more breasts and violence in the course of my normal life then I'll be able to make it through the hard times?

When is it back?

PS - How tempting would it be if you were the writer on one of these shows, when you have a huge captive audience who think they know what is coming, to just take the story off on a complete surreal tangent? Imagine the reaction if you followed the written story faithfully for four seasons and then in the season 4 finale you just had the planet invaded by ewoks or something. All the fans would be outraged! Hilarious. Or go for a Holy Grail ending. :)

You mean have the aged Harrison Ford swing by in his Millenium Falcon and kill all the bad guys. Something like that. As if. Oh wait..............................................................
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sitting in work today with a t-shirt saying "Hear me roar" and I gotta be honest I feel like a proper nerd :D