Ever wondered what your favourite singer / musician was like in bed?......

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,373
Forum Member

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, that's interesting I suppose but I just don't get groupies. They literally mean nothing to the people they sleep with and they will never be "the one" or have that guy in any kind of serious or semi-serious relationship. They spend lots of money going to concerts and buying sexy clothes and to be perfectly honest, they end up with an hour or two or three of memories, no holiday with the guy or anything else but to open the magazines and see the guy they are into with their wives and kids. Seems like quite an empty life because some of the girls I knew a decade or so ago, wanted to be more than groupies, and so sometimes, I wonder if the groupies aren't a bit delusional.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    That site is using seriously out of date info - Pete Steele has been dead over a year and Jani Lane left us in August.

As someone who her pretty much spent her late teens/early 20s as a groupie for hair metal bands, it was never about trying to form longstanding relationships with band members. It was just a great night out - see a gig, hang out with (IMHO) good looking guys, access to the free food and drink rider, maybe a quick no-strings-attached shag under a coat pile. Women were generally respected (by that I mean no sexual violence and some degree of post-shag courtesy "are you okay for somewhere to stay, do you need a cab?" and an acknowledgement when you next saw each other) .

The women were also very supportive of each other. The "He's mine!" kind of cat fights were reserved for drunken audience members. As groupies we were in strange towns for 24 hours at a time, local women hated us, local men wanted to shag us, and local shops wouldn't serve us. So we supported each other's every need and were always welcoming to newcomers.

I do have to put the caveat here that this was 20 or so years ago, and for the heavy metal scene in Europe. So I'm out of date and irrelevant now :D
  • Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Alex James the cheese man?!!! Nooo say it isn't so!!!:cry:
    Other than that its a very out of date board.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hobbes1966 wrote: »
    Alex James the cheese man?!!! Nooo say it isn't so!!!:cry:
    Other than that its a very out of date board.

That's a bit of a shocker, maybe someone with a grudge? I randomly met him around the time of Blurs second album and he had lovely manners, even though he was drunk.
    Forum Member
    ^^ tbh I don't really believe it myself. If it was true I'm sure it would be out there much more than this. I agree with your grudge theory. Never met the man but he seems the least likely to do something like that, a spurned groupie maybe?
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blue Robot wrote: »
    That site is using seriously out of date info - Pete Steele has been dead over a year and Jani Lane left us in August.

As someone who her pretty much spent her late teens/early 20s as a groupie for hair metal bands, it was never about trying to form longstanding relationships with band members. It was just a great night out - see a gig, hang out with (IMHO) good looking guys, access to the free food and drink rider, maybe a quick no-strings-attached shag under a coat pile. Women were generally respected (by that I mean no sexual violence and some degree of post-shag courtesy "are you okay for somewhere to stay, do you need a cab?" and an acknowledgement when you next saw each other) .

The women were also very supportive of each other. The "He's mine!" kind of cat fights were reserved for drunken audience members. As groupies we were in strange towns for 24 hours at a time, local women hated us, local men wanted to shag us, and local shops wouldn't serve us. So we supported each other's every need and were always welcoming to newcomers.

I do have to put the caveat here that this was 20 or so years ago, and for the heavy metal scene in Europe. So I'm out of date and irrelevant now :D

I'm gobsmacked at your honesty.:eek:

Any regrets?:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some women are cool and realistic and realize it'sa good time. I really don't believe that for everyone though. I knew a girl who did have a fling with a fairly well known singer and there was no possibility this bloke was leaving his wife who was a bigger star than he is. The bloke was into some kinky stuff and cross dressing, not many people knew about it and I think because groupies allow the kink, that's their role. They allow things that perhaps the wife wouldn't allow. So they seve as an outlet, the way to pass time maybe.

This friend I use to work with was having this fling with this singer and for about two years, she thought he was going to show-up and "see her" as more than what he was at the time. This of course never happened and she was obsessed with him. It ended badly with him saying some rather rude things to her in anger. She has been a mess ever since. She doesn't eat at alll and had to quit work and go on all sorts of depression medicine. I do believe, if you are going to be a groupie, you have to realize what it truly is and never expect more. Everyone around her could see nothing more was going to come of it but her getting her heart torn out. There are women who believe this blokes are going to fall in love with them and leave their wives or that they will be the wife, and it never really does happen, does it?

I am sort of shocked about Jon Bon Jovi, because his wife is supposedly very controlling of him and keeps him on a very tight leash.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    People who dish the dirt on Jonathan Davis [Korn] are just trashy.
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally mis-read the thread title, I thought it said Ever wondered what your favouring ginger musician was like in bed... I could only think of Mick Hucknall and I don't even want to go there...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would never reveal who my co-worker was seeing but it wasn't Jonathan Davis and we did see proof she was having a fling with him when he was in town but honestly, groupies are a dime a dozen. To be the real mate, well that takes something more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,373
    Forum Member
    I think i'll stick with my gorgeous, faithful non-famous boyfriend :D
    Forum Member
    Deleted
  • ellie1997ellie1997 Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always found Groupie Central to have more info, fascinating read. Mostly very old threads but some newer stuff appears.

Just google Groupie Central
    :)
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Whoever said that groupies never meant anything to bands and were never 'the one' - there are plenty who had long standing love affairs with band members and some had children with them and/or married them - Pamela Des Barres, Bebe Buell, Lori Maddox and Cynthia Plaster Caster to name a few.