Options

Enough with the artist/genre themed weeks!

MolokoMoloko Posts: 7,871
Forum Member
They have become quite tiresome now, and for most of the time, it really doesn't suit the contestant's voice or style at all. And it just gets more repetitive or boring as the show goes on.

Why can't the show actually be about the contestant more too, you know? Instead of having weeks based around certain popular artists or genre, maybe they should be more personally-based, like their favourite song for the first week or last week, favourite emotional song, etc...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'll probably do a britney week soon.........oh i can't wait....... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree entirely. How can the Judges say its not the right song choice for them if they are setting the theme anyway? They should at least have the chance to sing what they're best at, not struggle through something they are not as strong as!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I agree as well. I never understand why the judges want to take the singers out of their comfort zone. It's like having a 'Country Music' theme week, and a fantastic soul singer goes home because they cannot sing country music well. However, that sould singer may have gone on to be a fantastic soul music star but never gets the chance. Stupid. The show should emphasise the strengths of each singer. They do not have to prove they are good at every singing style , just the styles they want to sing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the themes, but they wouldn't be so bad if the contestants or music producers on the show could do something new with the songs . . . like the way Chris Cornell totally changed Billie Jean or the way Incubus updated Lionel Richie's Hello.

Instead all they do is speed up or slow down the songs depending on who is singing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    I'd rather hear them picking songs from an era or from a style.

80s would be good, and maybe love songs or rock - so they can prove if they can sing anything or not. It would help show their versatility.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Themes such as "number ones" and "songs from the movies" are fine- plenty of choice. Artist themes is just a disaster waiting to happen, you can't restrict such a wide variety of genres to one artist!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    I agree!
    These theme weeks are tiresome.

How can the judges keep complaining about song choices when they're stuck with songs that don't suit the singers.

Please get rid of these themes and if we have to put up with another Abba week I scream.

Its ruining my enjoyment of the show.
  • Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also don't get the "special guests" bit. OK, maybe it would take the entire budget of the show to get Micheal Jackson guesting, but someone who sings his kind of music at least is what I would have expected. So they give us Girls Aloud. What's that got to do with Jacko. Very cheap with there guests, Leon, Rhydian and Same Diff all guesting, Cheryl's in Girl's Aloud and they're performing. Don't make much sense. If they do themes, at least bring an appropiate singer on!