"But you're the 11th Doctor..."

mirrorman74mirrorman74 Posts: 337
Forum Member
Ok, my quote may not be completely accurate (I've not rewatched the finale yet), but why on earth would Clara refer to the Doctor as the 11th?

As viewers, we refer to him as the '11th' because it is our way of distinguishing the actors playing the different incarnations of the same character.

But 'the same character' he is. He's not the eleventh of anything. He is the same Doctor than fled Gallifrey and the same Doctor who ended the Time War (yada yada yada, you get my drift).

It just seems odd that Clara would reference the Doctor by number. Particularly as his time stream would have every incarnation that ever was, ever is, or ever will be.

Which also brings me onto another point; does this mean that Clara is involved with every future victory of the Doctor - as she wasn't just thrown into the Doctor's past, she must have been thrown into his future too. Or is this being glossed over? (hmmmm maybe this needs another thread...)

Comments

• tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She said I saw all of your faces, so she would have known if JH was say an aged 8th Doctor or such. If she had seen his future regenerations she would have recognised JH also.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    She didn't see the future Doctors because as soon as the GI stepped into the The Doctors Time Stream The Doctor stated to die and would have if Clara didn't go in herself to stop the GI so at that point in time any future Doctor would have been erased until Clara fixed it.

I think the reason she didn't see the Hurt Doctor was because The Doctor had locked him away and he was released until The Doctor himself entered his own time stream