Worlds Busiest Train Station

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikw wrote: »
    Yes, i do actually, this was a major incident.

Can't have been that major because this is the first I have heard about a train crash in froggy land.

Still we must not upset the sensitive souls.
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't have been that major because this is the first I have heard about a train crash in froggy land.

Perhaps you should watch the news occasionally. It's how most people find out what is going on outside their own tiny little world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    Perhaps you should watch the news occasionally. It's how most people find out what is going on outside their own tiny little world.

Considering my world consists of working shifts in a very busy ward in an NHS facility it's my belief that most will prefer me to focus on my tiny little world. And I don't do news or what passes as news these days.

If it does not happen in the UK then I'm not interested.

There is no valid reason to drop the program.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it does not happen in the UK then I'm not interested.
    What a sad outlook.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wmoore wrote: »
    Watching the busiest airport one at the moment, but getting annoyed at the narrator, mentioning the words 'at the worlds busiest airport' about 100 times.

It was a fairly interesting documentary but that annoyed me too. Yes, we got the point. It's the world's busiest airport.

Actually, it's only the "busiest" if defined in terms of cargo. It's behind others in terms of passengers or flights.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a sad outlook.

How is it, I work long hours, study ect and I have no time for unimportant stuff, my sad outlook has undoubtedly helped save lives.

Just accept i have the right to hold my opinion, you don't have to agree with it, and move on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I really am amazed at the amount of people who put a TV programme or a film above an attempt to show empathy after a tragic accident. Selfish and childish are words that come to min. You will get another chance to see the programme at some point, I'm sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a sad outlook.

The more I read this person's posts, the more I think they're trolling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The more I read this person's posts, the more I think they're trolling.
    It's not clear who you mean by "this person". I hope it's not me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »
    JR Shinjuku is just a mass of humanity going through their daily routine.

It's a crazy place alright.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We have opposite views on the subject but no way do I believe for a second you are trolling but I'm pretty certain they mean me.

And yes you are right it can and will be shown at a later date, I'm just desensitised when it comes to death having worked in the career I have. I am a rather emotionless cold person at times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry, I meant Rowan Hedge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I meant Rowan Hedge.

It's too easy to throw that word into a debate in order to dismiss another FM's opinion. Truth is I simply did not know about the crash in France and being honest if I'm not personally affected then its a case of I don't care.

Part of my training involved the constant reminder of the old mantra, 'don't get emotionally involved' and still to this day I won't allow my self to do so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Part of my training involved the constant reminder of the old mantra, 'don't get emotionally involved' and still to this day I won't allow my self to do so.
    Yes, I fully understand that in the clinical professions you cannot afford to become emotionally involved with your patients, otherwise you would be in no end of a mess when the outcome is not what you would wish it to be.

However, surely it's precisely when you are not personally affected, that it's perfectly ok to have feelings about the situation?