Options

|.:.| The Union J Appreciation Thread |.:.| (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We still have the launch to look forward to today if no one's copies arrive early.
    http://youtu.be/S8wqS9ZsF4Y

I'll most likely miss is because I'm going out with one of my friends, I still need to get Claire's merch and take selfies with my Union J tattoos.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not going out anymore so it looks like I'll be able to catch the live stream.

It looks like it's going to be live here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6OKIoovYKI
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/4cee5601cc789dd94d8c38bf9f94fb15/tumblr_mv9fduvCz51sopkvho1_r1_500.png

Josh and JJ look quite good considering they're in costume. Jaymi looks different.

And Josh being very clumsy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp8LIf0-VXU
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amaze Me is a cover :O Some of you probably know that already but I only just found out. So that makes 3 covers in total.
  • Options
    idratherjackidratherjack Posts: 1,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amaze Me is a cover :O Some of you probably know that already but I only just found out. So that makes 3 covers in total.

I didn't know that either. Who sang it originally and was it a hit? It's a stunning song and makes me wish it had been the second single.

I really like Loving You Is Easy, Where Are You Now and Save The Last Dance too so they have plenty of choices for an uptempo third single.

The only two I dislike are Head In The Clouds (why include the word bitch in the chorus if they can't say it?!) and Lucky Ones but overall it's a strong debut for the boys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Angels did it originally. (I've heard of the name but I've never listened to them before).

They did a video for it too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyokLeNbr0s

I like Save the Last Dance, Amaze Me and Beethoven and the acoustic version of Where Are You Now.

I'm not keen on the acoustic version of Head in the Clouds, it sounds too similar to the normal version. Would have preferred it if they somehow balladized Beethoven or something like they did with Carry You.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they managed to get a number ten today. Obviously Beautiful Life isn't going to do very well overall, but a top ten is a top ten I suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watch that Sunday Side Up? I'm watching on +1 and it's awful!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it. I'll just say that with next week with no Union J, I doubt I'll be watching again lol.

They all looked so awkward when they were having to do the Single Ladies dance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was nice seeing them obviously but the whole thing was so amateurish. I felt embarrassed for all concerned! Bring on Celebrity Juice ha ha.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of Celebrity Juice never thought I'd be jealous of Keith Lemon lol

http://24.media.tumblr.com/6aee47da3a0c3ba86d4ac7ad8a27840b/tumblr_mv8kivY18E1sopkvho4_250.gif
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont forget Jaymi is on Nevermind the Buzzcocks tomorrow :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably a good thing they haven't, but part of me really wishes they had declined Xtra Factor. There's something really grating about how they've been shunted with it when they've released a book, have a doll range, have other assorted merchandise but they've had The Wanted instead (who are pretty stupid for having taken it imo, being as it's pretty much a confirmation that Syco are so confident that 1D are top dog and impossible to shift off that spot that they can afford to give them such high profile promotion).

I won't be watching them on it. Admittedly that's because I have something much better to watch at 9, but even if it wasn't on I wouldn't want to watch them take whatever scraps are thrown their way. Biased, but they're better than that in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Though if they had declined it could have at least been made to look interesting. I used to really admire the fact that the boys are so nice but it does get to the point where I just wish they did something exciting for a change. Surely there's somebody they could have a twitter argument with just to show they have some edge/excitement/youth. I'm not saying they should completely change but they could pass as a bunch of thirty somethings at times with how docile they are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm annoyed The Wanted are on instead of Union J too but it would be petulant to turn down the offer to appear on Xtra Factor and every bit of promo does count. I know what you mean about them being docile or too placid but I would hate them to turn into The Wanted and slag everyone off and start twitter fights, or be like Louis 1D and just moan and complain about everything. The few times Jaymi has bit back at people on twitter it's not been pretty!
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    So Beautiful Life debuts officially at 8!

Which I think is great tbh after the lack of promo and the fact the songs (IMO) isn't the best.

Sets up the album nicely to have 2 top 10's under their belt
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Beautiful Life debuts officially at 8!

Which I think is great tbh after the lack of promo and the fact the songs (IMO) isn't the best.

Sets up the album nicely to have 2 top 10's under their belt

I think they have done brilliantly well to get another Top 10 as you say given the lack of promo and (again IMO) not being a good song. Just shows they have a good sized fanbase.

I really hope the album sells well for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO! How cringe was that question on xtra factor?!?!?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has there been any adverts for the album yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO! How cringe was that question on xtra factor?!?!?!

What was the question?

Really pleased that they got to 8. Two top 10s is something to be proud of in my opinion, especially when achieving that seems to be something reserved only for the likes of the big success stories of the show. Hopefully they'll have a top 5 and then a number 1 to go with it one day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone got their album's yet? I had to leave my house for a bit but hopefully I'll be back soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the question?

Really pleased that they got to 8. Two top 10s is something to be proud of in my opinion, especially when achieving that seems to be something reserved only for the likes of the big success stories of the show. Hopefully they'll have a top 5 and then a number 1 to go with it one day.

Someone rang up and was like 'TGhe X Factor has been well known for supporting their own artists/groups so why is it you have Union J on the Xtra Factor and not the X Factor?' I had to turn the volume down it was so cringe! Especially with then actually on the Xtra Factor.
    Anyone got their album's yet? I had to leave my house for a bit but hopefully I'll be back soon.

I just got my signed deluxe edition! :Dhttp://oi43.tinypic.com/nnwnyq.jpg I havent heard the leak yet so im looking forward to blasting this out at full volume!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The poor boys lol. If I was them I would have died of embarrassment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been any adverts for the album yet?

There was an advert for the album shown during The X Factor last night.

I ended up watching Downton Abbey and recorded Xtra Factor, it sounds embarrassing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've skipped to the bit where Josh and Jaymi were on (not watching the performance, sticking to what I said lol). He ((Josh) was insanely handsome. Probably the best I've seen him look for a while.

And he said he likes Sam Bailey too, so he clearly has good taste.