The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• perobt93perobt93 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Source?
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You are doing what was done before and making these conclusions based on nothing.

For one Wikipedia is not a source, it is an unreliable site because anyone can edit it.

And how do the other two links prove she is signed to LaFace or Epic?
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    still unsigned :(
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wiki links for validation... The girl ain't signed
  • ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    I was watching Eurivison the other night, and I thought that Alex would slay this competition. And it would be such a good promotion for her lol, theres over 100milions of people watching it...
  • lovealexburkelovealexburke Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    excuse me for being positive i have faith in Alex i think our star is signed so believe what you want to believe good things come to those who wait VIVA Alexandra
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    excuse me for being positive i have faith in Alex i think our star is signed so believe what you want to believe good things come to those who wait VIVA Alexandra

I like your positivity, but there is no point pretending when the evidence is stacked massively in the other direction. At this present moment, there is no sign that she is a signed artist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I like your positivity, but there is no point pretending when the evidence is stacked massively in the other direction. At this present moment, there is no sign that she is a signed artist.

I agree they would have announced it.
    Forum Member
    to be honest we all don't know what is going on there is evidence that she is not signed but there is also evidence that she is so lets leave it on a positive her album is coming later this year and i can't wait to hear no more you that song slays
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The evidence for her being a signed artist was very strong months ago, but we've seen before with Alex that things can change behind the scenes very quickly, so I just don't feel up to trying to be positive when there has been nothing but disappointment for the last 3 years.

HOH was a good album, but it came after a year delay and I doubt it was as good as the album ready in 2011 which ended up scrapped. She made huge progress in 2013, particularly in the US and I was convinced she was signed, but it looks like somewhere along the line the plans with the label fell through and we are left at this point.

The theatre show is basically just filler so that she has something to do this year. Let's keep it real, she will be exhausted after the show finishes (that's if she doesn't carry on and focus on theatre), she will be too tired to continue music straight away and her voice will be strained from all the performing. We'll see, but I'm not expecting any new music until 2015. The music we have had post-HOH has been terrible tbh. Those two EPs were horribly produced, and I didn't think it could get any worse but then she released WDHG.

I don't know where she can go from here, but I think it's better to be realistic and blunt at this stage, rather than pretending everything is great. It doesn't do Alex ANY favours regardless of what others may say, as it makes her think that what she is doing is good, when she can do so much better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The evidence for her being a signed artist was very strong months ago, but we've seen before with Alex that things can change behind the scenes very quickly, so I just don't feel up to trying to be positive when there has been nothing but disappointment for the last 3 years.

HOH was a good album, but it came after a year delay and I doubt it was as good as the album ready in 2011 which ended up scrapped. She made huge progress in 2013, particularly in the US and I was convinced she was signed, but it looks like somewhere along the line the plans with the label fell through and we are left at this point.

The theatre show is basically just filler so that she has something to do this year. Let's keep it real, she will be exhausted after the show finishes (that's if she doesn't carry on and focus on theatre), she will be too tired to continue music straight away and her voice will be strained from all the performing. We'll see, but I'm not expecting any new music until 2015. The music we have had post-HOH has been terrible tbh. Those two EPs were horribly produced, and I didn't think it could get any worse but then she released WDHG.

I don't know where she can go from here, but I think it's better to be realistic and blunt at this stage, rather than pretending everything is great. It doesn't do Alex ANY favours regardless of what others may say, as it makes her think that what she is doing is good, when she can do so much better.

The evidence was strong she even posted laface on her instagram so obviously there's a link

But let's be real Alex was gonna give us that label tea TWO months ago no announcement came and now the girls starting to sound desperate relying on hope the single released to itunes was independent

The girl is not singed right now jojo has even backed off haven't see anything from
    Her American team... The road seems to be narrowing and without a Hail Mary Alex after the body guard will leave us hanging like always we are out of the loop the fact that for years now not months YEARS Alex has been unable to let us know whether she's signed or not shows she hasn't been successful in securing yet
    Forum Member
    i agree with you but i believe Alex really has the determination, the fire and the talent to go places and i am sure we will hear no more you soon i am looking forward to seeing her on the body guard
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no reason for her to keep it a secret if she was signed and so I really doubt she is. Also, no decent label would allow their artist to put their name to tripe like WDHG when they are trying to rebuild their career. I'm all for being positive, but one has to be realistic as well. We have to keep our fingers crossed that a label will see something in her from doing the Bodyguard and she gets signed again.
    Forum Member
    please SYCO allowed start with out you to be released and RCA allowed what money can't buy and we all know that WDHG is better than them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    please SYCO allowed start with out you to be released and RCA allowed what money can't buy and we all know that WDHG is better than them

????????

I would honestly take an entire album of SWYs and WMCBs over WDHG. At least those songs sounded ready for a commercial release. WDHG sounds like some cheap laptop demo recorded in half an hour. It is terrible.
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    ????????

I would honestly take an entire album of SWYs and WMCBs over WDHG. At least those songs sounded ready for a commercial release. WDHG sounds like some cheap laptop demo recorded in half an hour. It is terrible.

Agree. Start Without You blocked Katy Perry from #1 in its second week. WDHG probably didn't even sell 100 copies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    Agree. Start Without You blocked Katy Perry from #1 in its second week. WDHG probably didn't even sell 100 copies.

Agreed. Start Without You also had a world-class team behind it, including RedOne, responsible for the rise of Lady Gaga and the resurgence of J-Lo's career and Savan Kotecha, who wrote 1D's big singles and most recently Ariana's new hit Problem.
  • EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Really loved "Start Without You" and loved the video even more, if you know what I mean. ;)

Hope Alex will release the album later this year after her role on the Bodyguard musical thing. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ????????

Agree that new song is trash!
  • beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Lol I watched that period thing other night, a lot of quite big named people doing it tho, it's just raising awareness. All for a good cause I guess!
    Forum Member
    start without getting to number one does not mean anything we all know the best 2 songs on overcome where all night long and the silence and both did not get to number 1. WDHG never got promotion, no video and no radio play so you can't compare them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh dear!

Good on Alex though she looked nice