Pregnanat woman leaves anti-abortionists speechless.

Comments

• MonsterMunch99MonsterMunch99 Posts: 2,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Well, since you mention punishment (I didn't), there is a case to be made that women who have chosen to have more than one abortion should face some sort of redress, but that's another matter.

All I am saying is that the sheer number of unwanted pregnancies and resulting abortions is very disappointing. I wish that people would stop shouting about their rights and concentrate a little more on their responsibilities when it comes to this.

So many abortions are easily avoidable. I just wish people would be more careful and if they can't manage that, perhaps they might want to consider taking some responsibility for their actions. I did when it happened to me and I am proud of my son.

Punish them how, exactly? Dear lord.

Forcing women, or "encouraging them" to make the choice to give birth to unwanted children to be mistreated or to languish in an already overburdened care system is hardly taking responsibility. That's the very opposite, in fact.

Thankfully, the law in the uk is on the right side, it's not about to change and hopefully the more backwards parts of the world will catch up one day.
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Aside from your obvious ignorance regarding the development of human beings inside the womb, you seem to want to blame everyone else for the very large number of women who end up having abortions because they didn't take precautions while having sex, or after sex for that matter.

I did make a mistake when I was 17-years-old. Myself and my partner behaved irresponsibly and she fell pregnant. Despite our tender ages, we took responsibility for our actions and don't regard our son as something or someone we "suffered."

So, take it from someone who has been there. That unplanned pregnancy was our fault and no one else's. We were irresponsible, but we were prepared to step up and take responsibility. I wish more people would do the same. Either take responsibility when having sex or be prepared to take responsibility for the life you have created.

Have you any idea just how sanctimonious you sound?
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Women's bodies. Women's right to choose what to do with their bodies. And no-one, NO-ONE gets to tell them otherwise. It is No-one else's business and those that make it so and use ridiculously emotive language to try and argue their case should tend to their own imperfect lives and leave others to live theirs.

The vast majority of these 'pro-lifers' have no experience of abortion, and also no medical knowledge and compassion seems to be an anathema to them. In many cases they value the 'life' of an unborn fetus over the lives of the women who are carrying them. How is that 'pro-life'?

The only person responsible for what goes on in her body is the woman herself.
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aside from your obvious ignorance regarding the development of human beings inside the womb, you seem to want to blame everyone else for the very large number of women who end up having abortions because they didn't take precautions while having sex, or after sex for that matter.

I did make a mistake when I was 17-years-old. Myself and my partner behaved irresponsibly and she fell pregnant. Despite our tender ages, we took responsibility for our actions and don't regard our son as something or someone we "suffered."

So, take it from someone who has been there. That unplanned pregnancy was our fault and no one else's. We were irresponsible, but we were prepared to step up and take responsibility. I wish more people would do the same. Either take responsibility when having sex or be prepared to take responsibility for the life you have created.

You don't seem to understand the difference between an unplanned pregnancy and an unwanted pregnancy. You apparently supported your partner and the resulting child. Not every woman has that support.
  • MonsterMunch99MonsterMunch99 Posts: 2,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, take it from someone who has been there.

Ha...
    Forum Member
    You apparently supported your partner and the resulting child. Not every woman has that support.

This.
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The debate is far too polarised.

You have people describing having a baby as a "punishment", you have people comparing abortion to the holocaust, you have people saying that half the human race should have no say in a decision that affects the whole human race, you have people saying that nobody has the right to tell anybody what they should do with their body (yet drugs are illegal, alcohol controled and smoking/obesity disparaged).

Just for once could this debate grow up and have some recognition of the wider picture?

Abortion has led to valueing children less.
    Abortion is used for social engineering reasons.
    Abortion has led to men becoming less and less responsible overall and less understanding what sacrifices they do need to make.

It's not a good path society is traveling.
    It's not a good path that bans abortion.

Debate is needed because it is ending in tears at the moment for hundreds of thousands and that will get worse.
  • hulakulahulakula Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member

I did make a mistake when I was 17-years-old. Myself and my partner behaved irresponsibly and she fell pregnant. Despite our tender ages, we took responsibility for our actions and don't regard our now 24-year-old son as something or someone we "suffered."

I am not ignorant about fetal development, as I have said many times. I not blaming everyone else for for my unwanted preganany. I am merely acknowledging that unwanted pregnacies can happen when people are taking precautions, some thing you don't seem to have grasped.

The mother of your son was lucky that you were so supportive, my partner of over a year who got me pregnant wasn't. If I had continued with my pregnany, I would have faced the prospect of bringing up a child by myself without any support. I decided to terminate the pregnancy despite the fact that i would have loved to have baby becuase I thought it was the right thing to do. I was also on the pill for many years and have learnt since having my abortion that it is not an effective form contraception therefore I'm now celibate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, since you mention punishment (I didn't), there is a case to be made that women who have chosen to have more than one abortion should face some sort of redress, but that's another matter.

All I am saying is that the sheer number of unwanted pregnancies and resulting abortions is very disappointing. I wish that people would stop shouting about their rights and concentrate a little more on their responsibilities when it comes to this.

So many abortions are easily avoidable. I just wish people would be more careful and if they can't manage that, perhaps they might want to consider taking some responsibility for their actions. I did when it happened to me and I am proud of my son.

Interesting you bring up multiple abortions...

People on DS will know that I pretty much threw myself under a bus last year and posted about my decision to have a termination at 21 weeks.

Despite using contraception I have just found out I'm pregnant again. Last week we decided after a long heart to heart that continuing the pregnancy wouldn't be an option so we're going ahead with it next week. My husband and I split earlier this year and we're attempting to fix our relationship, money is tight, I'm still grieving for my last baby and atruggling to get over post natal depression for my living child. Not an ideal setting for a new baby to be introduced to.

Of course I will be torn to shreds at this over share but every woman has her own reasons for termination and those are mine.

Multiple abortions, imo, are only disgraceful if a woman behaves like pensatucky from orange is the new black.

I made the decision not to be pregnant when I used contraception. That failed so this is the next step. No baby will be brought into this world unplanned and unwanted if I have anything to do with it.

*Throws self to lions*
    Forum Member
    Noooway wrote: »

People on DS will know that I pretty much threw myself under a bus last year and posted about my decision to have a termination at 21 weeks.

Despite using contraception I have just found out I'm pregnant again. Last week we decided after a long heart to heart that continuing the pregnancy wouldn't be an option so we're going ahead with it next week. My husband and I split earlier this year and we're attempting to fix our relationship, money is tight, I'm still grieving for my last baby and atruggling to get over post natal depression for my living child. Not an ideal setting for a new baby to be introduced to.

Of course I will be torn to shreds at this over share but every woman has her own reasons for termination and those are mine.

Multiple abortions, imo, are only disgraceful if a woman behaves like pensatucky from orange is the new black.

I made the decision not to be pregnant when I used contraception. That failed so this is the next step. No baby will be brought into this world unplanned and unwanted if I have anything to do with it.

*Throws self to lions*

Oh Nooo, huge hugs. Xxxx
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Punish them how, exactly? Dear lord.

Forcing women, or "encouraging them" to make the choice to give birth to unwanted children to be mistreated or to languish in an already overburdened care system is hardly taking responsibility. That's the very opposite, in fact.

Thankfully, the law in the uk is on the right side, it's not about to change and hopefully the more backwards parts of the world will catch up one day.

How, exactly, have you arrived at the bewildering conclusion that a child resulting from an unplanned pregnancy is automatically going to be mistreated?

Well, perhaps a woman who has had multiple abortions ought to be refused another? Perhaps the ordeal of giving birth and having that child taken into care might just encourage them to behave a little more responsibly in future.
    Forum Member
    How, exactly, have you arrived at the bewildering conclusion that a child resulting from an unplanned pregnancy is automatically going to be mistreated?

Well, perhaps a woman who has had multiple abortions ought to be refused another? Perhaps the ordeal of giving birth and having that child taken into care might just encourage them to behave a little more responsibly in future.

And the men who got them pregnant? You seem unwilling to reflect on their part in the pregnancy.
    Forum Member

*Throws self to lions*

Words fail me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member

That is a very cruel, pitiless thing to suggest. Putting a person through the 'ordeal of childbirth' to teach them a lesson does not solve anything nor would it guarantee any positive outcome.
    Forum Member
    Safi74 wrote: »
    And the men who got them pregnant? You seem unwilling to reflect on their part in the pregnancy.

I take it you have not read my post relating to my part in an unplanned pregnancy? A pregnancy and child I took and continue to take responsibility for 24 years later.
    Forum Member

*Throws self to lions*

Hi Noooway, thank you for sharing your situation, I hope you are getting all the love and support you need right now
    Forum Member
    That is a very cruel, pitiless thing to suggest. Putting a person through the 'ordeal of childbirth' to teach them a lesson does not solve anything nor would it guarantee any positive outcome.

So, you prefer the alternative of allowing a woman to continue having multiple abortions regardless?

Continuously terminating the life of unborn children should not be a right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh, well that sounds great for everyone involved. Far better than a cluster of cells being removed from the womb, now that's barbaric....

So, 2 lives ruined= good

1 pregnancy terminated and the mothers freedom to choose = bad

Come on mate, you're making portsmouth look bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And thanks.guys, at first I was happy, but after a lot of thinking i realised i was only wanting a newborn and couldn't see myself coping with more than one child.
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't seem to understand the difference between an unplanned pregnancy and an unwanted pregnancy. You apparently supported your partner and the resulting child. Not every woman has that support.

Well shouldn't that be tackled with as much vigour as you are using to advocate abortion?

There is a difference between men and women in their biological time keeping.

Do you think it is fair/equal/correct that a woman can be coerced into aborting a child when it's time for her to be breeding, because the man decides it's not their time yet, and further down the line stand by as she is thrown over for a younger model when he decides it's time for some children?

Abortion is championed very much as female empowerment, not so sure if it isn't men who benefit more.

Why is there no education about the difference in ages between when men and women want/need to breed?
    Why have women been expected to move away from the time it is safest and easiest to have children, by society?
    Forum Member

That is irrelevant.

Had my partner said she would have the baby but would not raise it, I would still have taken responsibility and raised it myself. That baby was my son.

Plenty of single mothers/parents cope admirably. The lack of support argument is a cop out.
    Forum Member
    Ha...

Yes, "ha" whatever that means.

I am someone who takes responsibility for his actions and who values the life of his unborn child.

What a terrible person that makes me, eh?
    Forum Member
    So, you prefer the alternative of allowing a woman to continue having multiple abortions regardless?

Continuously terminating the life of unborn children should not be a right.

'Multiple abortions' looks horrible written down on paper and its churned out so many times as an argument against the right to choose that it has become this distorted image that is nothing like what it is in reality. 'Multiple abortions' doesn't necessarily mean some woman who just strolls into the clinic on a regular basis to fix the mistake of the night before where she didn't bother to get her partner to put a condom on. We have no idea of the individual circumstances behind any abortion, or abortions, that a woman might have so we have no right to regulate how many she is entitled to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is irrelevant.

Had my partner said she would have the baby but would not raise it, I would still have taken responsibility and raised it myself. That baby was my son.

Plenty of single mothers/parents cope admirably. The lack of support argument is a cop out.

And that attitude is why so many people suffer with PND in silence

"They can do it, why can't I? Maybe I'm a crap parent"

Well done you bringing up your unplanned son. My first born was unplanned and I'm bringing him up. Your point is redundant, everyones differemt.