Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite amazing - the coverage (no pun intended) has been going on for an unbelievable amount of time - throughout each presenter's programme for several days, including headline news on LBC. I can only assume that this is deflection activity. I was disappointed that NA jumped on the bandwagon last night for at least an hour. Incredibly lazy broadcasting. I have high hopes that Mellor/Meyer will avoid this ridiculous and overdone topic. So far, so good!

Couldn't agree more - cleavage- gate has had every drop of interest squeezed out .
  • Options
    radioviewerradioviewer Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever politics Tabor decides, that's what LBC goes with.
    Tabor is a right wing Conservative, therefore LBC goes with the right wing Conservative view.
  • Options
    fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Londons Biggest Cleavage has been milked of every drop,i hope :(
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    wendy09 wrote: »
    JoB has been very lazy this week wrt to his show topics.

OM is liberal - right of centre but mostly middle class .
    JoB is soft tory/neocon
    Clive Bull is right wing
    Shelagh Fogarty is right wing/neocon
    Cristo plays to the centre right but not w/ fixed opinion
    Larry Lamb generally emotes right wing
    Nick Abbot is of no fixed address but tends soft right
    Nick Clegg is blue liberal - neocon
    Nick Abbot, RIGHT WING? He said for most of his life has voted for Labour. Larry Lamb is left Wing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick Abbot, RIGHT WING? He said for most of his life has voted for Labour. Larry Lamb is left Wing.

Larry Lamb is a multi millionaire hypocrite.
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    Ha, that's cleared that up then! :p;-):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha, that's cleared that up then! :p;-):D

and a mockney cockney.
  • Options
    wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chuck Wao wrote: »
    What about the guys who do the traffic ?

theyv tend to be middle of the road with a tendency to stray left-ish on occasion

nick is more an issues person and so tackles from all directions. he tends to emote right-ish values with callers but could be because he attracts lefties , but again his stance has a lot to do with specific issues . probably the most 'rounded' of lbc presenters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He made a fortune in the oil industry in the 1970s, before turning to acting* fairly late on in his life.

* well acting in the Ray Winstone snearing can't act sort of way.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the breastfeeding topic again!!! grrr!!
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the breastfeeding topic again!!! grrr!!

Can't believe it. I just switched on LBC and NA is talking about breastfeeding. ffs give it a rest. *off*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anymore of this and i will switch to music!
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to get up to London, to show the demonstrators my support ;-) ;-)
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member

He said on tonight's show that he voted for Clegg.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to get up to London, to show the demonstrators my support ;-) ;-)

They needed support, never seen so much sagging!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quaridges!
  • Options
    OrionpamOrionpam Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Well insomniacs - I hear that Cristo is on his favourite topic again - not just for one hour - but it has now gone into two hours. Whenever he gets the chance he tries to ram it down our throats..... gets on my bl***y nerves....... Perhaps I should switch off!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is very very passionate about said topic. But I have had enough and switched over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cristo is in counsellor mode.

Frankly, it's embarrassing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He should be giving out numbers of helplines he hasn't already, like Get Connected and LLAGH
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Biggest car crash radio with Cristo and the two callers, Paul from Barking and then Dominic. The latter was winding him up over whether he should come 'out' or not, you could hear the guy giggling. He does ask for it by setting himself up as a counsellor - wish he'd give it a rest.
  • Options
    tahititahiti Posts: 3,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think perhaps his show is designed for occasional listeners, so that repeat topics are not a concern. I have stopped listening to Cristo and reverted to 'Up all night'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    Biggest car crash radio with Cristo and the two callers, Paul from Barking and then Dominic. The latter was winding him up over whether he should come 'out' or not, you could hear the guy giggling. He does ask for it by setting himself up as a counsellor - wish he'd give it a rest.

Aw Christo is going to look after said callerand keep in touch with him. It did sound somewhat dodgy very much like calls I used to get doing voluntary work on a helpline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cayce wrote: »

That whole call was a wind up and Cristo fell for it.
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I switched on after the 7am news, forgetting that SA would be on, to hear him say that islamic terrorists will 'turn gay' when they die.
    How far does he have to go before Global gets rid of him?
This discussion has been closed.