Options

Flounce Watch!

Comments

• Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say a flounce always involves stalking off whereas a strop normally happens in situ, although of course a flounce can be added for extra dramatic effect. ^_^

I agree. A strop finished off with a flounce scores 10 godets.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    what about a flounce with collateral damage ? when the flouncer manages to flounce in such a way several other people get holidays in conjunction with their departure....does that have a special section all its own?
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    Have i missed any decent flounces?

I've only seen one effort so far, and that was fairly underwhelming.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are points taken off for repetition because I've seen plenty of that (but sadly no deviation or hesitation) usually combined with the strop.
  • Options
    Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    Are points taken off for repetition because I've seen plenty of that (but sadly no deviation or hesitation) usually combined with the strop.

Maybe one Godet per repetition deducted?
  • Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    Have i missed any decent flounces?

I've only seen one effort so far, and that was fairly underwhelming.

Was that the faux flounce? It rather fizzled out as the flouncer threatened to flounce but failed to follow through citing drunkenness as his reason for his announcement of intended flouncing. Failed, fake or false flouncing is surely -1 godets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    planets wrote: »
    what about a flounce with collateral damage ? when the flouncer manages to flounce in such a way several other people get holidays in conjunction with their departure....does that have a special section all its own?

Thats a master flounce, an uber flounce, a watch it a weep flounce, a one night only flounce.

i'd probably enjoy that more than the entire series of strictly... :D
  • Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    * Flounce alert! *

Post number 390 on the PL merged thread threatening to flounce, sir.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was that the faux flounce? It rather fizzled out as the flouncer threatened to flounce but failed to follow through citing drunkenness as his reason for his announcement of intended flouncing. Failed, fake or false flouncing is surely -1 godets.

No, it was the real "i hate terry he spoils it for everyone doesnt he" flounce, which was largely undermined by the mods firstly agreeing (by merging all terrys threads) and then banning the floucer for giving them the idea in the first place.... :confused::D:o:cool:
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    * Flounce alert! *

With any luck:D
  • Options
    yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats a master flounce, an uber flounce, a watch it a weep flounce, a one night only flounce.

i'd probably enjoy that more than the entire series of strictly... :D

I think those are 4 brilliant categories! May I add 'an over enthusiastic flounce', which is when the intended flounce was always beyond the capabilities of the flouncer, goes appallingly wrong and thus the flouncer falls in a heap on the floor and a 'shadow of a flounce' is the result. This scores 0 godets !
  • Options
    poshnoshposhnosh Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rednell wrote: »
    In the interests of clarification so that I can judge in future, where does one draw the line between flounce and strop? Is it a true flounce if one comes back? Or does it require 'and another thing!' being entered into the equation?

A flounce is ballroom and performed mainly in hold.

A strop is Latin and can be performed solo.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going away from a good flounce and back to the other topic of earlier, I watched Bacofoil earlier.

Oh dear god, no words!
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    * Flounce alert! *

You made me go over there to look :D Its gone a bit quiet, but I predict an epic flounce, followed by embarrassed return when no one takes any notice :D:D
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it was the real "i hate terry he spoils it for everyone doesnt he" flounce, which was largely undermined by the mods firstly agreeing (by merging all terrys threads) and then banning the floucer for giving them the idea in the first place.... :confused::D:o:cool:
    Were they banned? I assumed that they requested their account be deactivated after the flounce announcement and DS just complied with the request.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going away from a good flounce and back to the other topic of earlier, I watched Bacofoil earlier. Oh dear god, no words!
    I was enormously grateful for the Bacofoil references - Bacofoil was before my time - and thankful too for Utube which delivered Lisa, Brandon and Bacofoil to my screen. I watched the slomo version... only the :o emoticon conveys my reaction.
  • Options
    washboardwashboard Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    Never seen bacofoil. Oh you innocents.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SAZ0nOmfWwY

Here have a present, with commentary to fully appreciate the intricate beauty and wonder of all show dances since this. It even make sense of Kara little dinky glitter bucket. No I have never flounced, even though sorely tempted.

I humphed at Pixies loss I felt Trent may have given us a show dance worth remembering.

Does a humph count as a partial flounce but lacking points due to never actually threatening to go anywhere. I am a lazy moo.

Don't worry!

If you have a professional partner who 'gets' you, then he/she will flounce around you - in a way which makes the viewing public understand that the two of you are deeply connected in your shared flounce.

Add in your heartfelt 'humph' (or a 'harrumph' if you have had previous training in partial flouncing - not to be tried by the genuine novice!! :o), and the audience will be on their feet. The judges will be moved. The British public will be ecstatic.

And DS will be divided - ya dirty flouncy ringah!! >:(
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've come to the conclusion that I'm the Holly Valance of flouncing. I just CBA. I'm more a "lounge at the back drinking vodka, occasionally going through the motions while hoping no one notices I'm not actually flouncing" type.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    I'm more a "lounge at the back drinking vodka, occasionally going through the motions while hoping no one notices I'm not actually flouncing" type.
    Well, it seems you could opt for a flounce valance for your lounge... which is exciting. Inspiration for Vicky Gill, perhaps. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    I've come to the conclusion that I'm the Holly Valance of flouncing. I just CBA. I'm more a "lounge at the back drinking vodka, occasionally going through the motions while hoping no one notices I'm not actually flouncing" type.

You mean you're marrying a billionaire and you never, ever have to care about anything or anyone ever, ever again? So envious!
  • Options
    yorkshire belleyorkshire belle Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does a flounce against the producer count, coz if it does I mark myself a full on 10:)
  • Options
    J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does a flounce against the producer count, coz if it does I mark myself a full on 10:)

I think we should all organise a 'flounce in' (or should that be out?) against the producer!
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just wondering how many people who

- have never, ever been so disgusted at a television programme in their entire lives
    - can't bear to watch this farce anymore
    - have had it with this series of Strictly
    - will never have anything to do with Strictly again
    - live for the purity of dance and would rather skewer their own eyes than watch a dance show that is no longer about dance
    - have thrown their television sets in a skip out of sheer horror and disbelief

will be back watching and commenting this Saturday or will we be witnessing a sudden influx of 'new' forum members? ;-)

Some of us stopped watching when the awful Winkleman joined the show, and those who, bizarrely, adored her quite rightly couldn't have cared less, and now those who don't love Lott couldn't care less about this. Personally I think the show sold its soul quite a while ago. But it's like the sugar-encrusted whimsy of virtual cakes and Baileys every Saturday on the Spoiler thread - if you don't like it, there's no choice but to avoid it.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Tess/Claudia flounce is one I can't understand. As someone who spent 10 years ignoring Bruce, to give up after less than 10 weeks shows a distinct lack of stamina :D
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    I foresee Flounce thread flounces possibly being the best flounces of all. :D