Options

I don't care about Corrie anymore

Cheekymonkey09Cheekymonkey09 Posts: 713
Forum Member
✭✭
Let's face it Corrie has been on a downwards spiral since the middle of last year and now it seems to be getting worse.

I completely stopped watching in September this year and nothing is tempting me back. The majority of the characters are vile characatuers, most of the women are screechy witches and the guys, pushovers.

I no longer care about the old timers anymore as a lot of then have had personality transplants and anything they do I couldn't give a flying F about.

Not to mention the scripts are weak, the acting is embarrassing and the whole episodes just seem to drag.

Anyone else feel like this? I can't believe I've given up on my favourite soap - been watching since 1989!!:o

Comments

• Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never cared about it. The characters in it all come across as a bunch of gossips. As soon as i hear that awful music playing i quickly turn over my tv :p
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    It's so bad at the moment that I cannot even count it as a soap. I don't think it's ever been this bad for so long.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Usually at Xmas there are differences of opinion about what to watch at my family's homes. I realised that this year as long as I get to see Emmerdale and Eastenders I'm not fussed if I have to miss Corrie so that my Dad can see his favourite programme on the other side.
  • Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, it's not UNWATCHABLE it's just... BORING
    Over 3/4 of the cast are deadwood and the scenes are recycled, how it even gets over 4million+ viewers I haven't got a clue
  • Options
    IRITALIAIRITALIA Posts: 6,508
    Forum Member
    Getting there, not quite given up yet but getting there. :(
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up on Corrie possibly two years ago, maybe even more.
  • Options
    Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit mad, I think when eastenders was at its worst last year it was worse than corrie is now but I never gave up on it but I have on corrie? There just is nothing tempting me to watch and there is absolutely no light at the end of the tunnel. What have we got to look forward too? More Sean? Also, itv seem happy with the shite producer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't care about people who don't care about Corrie anymore anymore
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,319
    Forum Member
    OldEnough wrote: »
    I don't care about people who don't care about Corrie anymore anymore

Rather than saying you don't care about people why not contribute your actual opinion on the state of the show?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Rather than saying you don't care about people why not contribute your actual opinion on the state of the show?

This forum is just full of people whining about how awful the show is. Stop watching then - nobody is compelling you to do so. Why do people have to announce how bored they are? It's boring.

Corrie's still the best soap going IMO even though it has highs and lows in terms of storylines and yes, not all the characters are enjoyable to watch
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im still watching it because of the likes of Carla, Liz , Steve, , Leanne and Tracy
  • Options
    inverness1967inverness1967 Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie's still the best soap going IMO even though it has highs and lows in terms of storylines and yes, not all the characters are enjoyable to watch

Indeed....Corrie is consistently above EE in both ratings and audience share. Its not what it once was but still viewable but as you and many others say, just stop watching if people dont like it.

I've stopped watching many a tv programme but would never want to stop others. I always think peoples tastes change.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie is my Favourite.

And the reason is because it isnt all heavy unrealistic stuff, you get Serious but a lot of Comedy, surely it is nice to see a Soap which isnt top heavy.

Also with Corrie, I lime the fact the characters most have stayed for years, and not gone off to and nake themselves big, and then end up back on Eastenders.
  • Options
    CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. I don't look forward to it anymore. I don't want sensationalism - just something more captivating than the boring crap we get now.

I don't even post that much anymore because there's just no point. Collinson loved his sensationalism but I really enjoyed Corrie during the first half of his reign. Jack Duckworth's exit... Sylvia ruling the roost at the cafe... Dennis and Rita's love story... Tyrone and Kirsty... Frank Foster's attack on Carla and the aftermath... THAT'S the Corrie I really miss talking about on this forum :(
    I gave up on Corrie possibly two years ago, maybe even more.

Miss your posts too, KK!!!
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie is poor due to Stuart Blackburn - he needs to go first.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's so many problems...

So much deadwood in the cast, and the storylines are actually SO dry!

It was awful this summer and just really bad! The gap between EastEnders and Corrie was around 2 million last year, it's proper small now, for all those comparing!;)

But seriously??? Last Friday, we had a whole episode revolving around a ****ing sofa plot?! A SOFA PLOT?! This isn't the 1970's... Comedy yes, but a whole episode centred around a sofa, and no drama on the side is just poor/weak television, IMO... There's American dramas on TV these days, I'm not saying be all sensational etc... But, it's so boring ATM...

We've got Kylie's storyline taking centre stage over Christmas, which is piss poor, and also pretty boring, it reminds me of Sharon Watt's tedious painkiller addiction, as it's almost as bad as that!

Also, the Nazir's! They are SO unpopular, and last Fridays episode was pure drivel! Gary and Alya are not interesting, and so many people just don't care...

It is really bad ATM and there are few characters keeping it slightly interesting...

There's been about months worth of good scripts this year, has someone else has already said on here I think, and about a month worth a of episodes, that have made me want to tune in, and that is piss poor!

What pisses me off aswell is it's just the same old boring recycled storylines and plots... Corrie thought it would be a good idea to have the wrong man convicted for murder for the 17273010822th time on a soap, and the Tina plot was just a flop anyway, and literally every single detail was given away before the episodes even aired... Which is another reason to not even bother tuning in... We know what's going to happen, because Stuart Blackburn practically tells us everything, before the episodes air date!

Stuart Blackburn inherited a strong show off Collinson, and the Collinson era ended fantastically! However, Blackburn has slowly destroyed the show, and now you can really see the effect, because it is really bad and unexciting! One of the only good things you can say about Corrie, is that it has more long serving cast members than the other soaps, but even they aren't used much anymore, and are written quite poorly...

Oh and Tracy Barlow and Tony... Again going round in circles!

Tina/Peter affair (Boring)
    Rob kills Tina (Slightly interesting)
    Months of drivel...
    Truth comes out at Rob/Tracy's wedding (Anti-climatic)
    Tracy/Tony affair... (Already boring, and hasn't even started)

So an affair has ended in an affair... It's just a joke!

Also, plots just go on and on and on, and are hardly developed, it's just a load of crap! Definitely been a bad year for Corrie!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catmittens wrote: »
    Same here. I don't look forward to it anymore. I don't want sensationalism - just something more captivating than the boring crap we get now.

I don't even post that much anymore because there's just no point. Collinson loved his sensationalism but I really enjoyed Corrie during the first half of his reign. Jack Duckworth's exit... Sylvia ruling the roost at the cafe... Dennis and Rita's love story... Tyrone and Kirsty... Frank Foster's attack on Carla and the aftermath... THAT'S the Corrie I really miss talking about on this forum :(

Miss your posts too, KK!!!

I miss posting with you too Catmittens. We always had some very good, in depth conversations on the go!

I'm going to put myself on the line and watch tonight's episode :o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »

It was awful this summer and just really bad! The gap between EastEnders and Corrie was around 2 million last year, it's proper small now, for all those comparing!;)

But seriously??? Last Friday, we had a whole episode revolving around a ****ing sofa plot?! A SOFA PLOT?! This isn't the 1970's... Comedy yes, but a whole episode centred around a sofa, and no drama on the side is just poor/weak television, IMO... There's American dramas on TV these days, I'm not saying be all sensational etc... But, it's so boring ATM...

We've got Kylie's storyline taking centre stage over Christmas, which is piss poor, and also pretty boring, it reminds me of Sharon Watt's tedious painkiller addiction, as it's almost as bad as that!

Also, the Nazir's! They are SO unpopular, and last Fridays episode was pure drivel! Gary and Alya are not interesting, and so many people just don't care...

It is really bad ATM and there are few characters keeping it slightly interesting...

There's been about months worth of good scripts this year, has someone else has already said on here I think, and about a month worth a of episodes, that have made me want to tune in, and that is piss poor!

What pisses me off aswell is it's just the same old boring recycled storylines and plots... Corrie thought it would be a good idea to have the wrong man convicted for murder for the 17273010822th time on a soap, and the Tina plot was just a flop anyway, and literally every single detail was given away before the episodes even aired... Which is another reason to not even bother tuning in... We know what's going to happen, because Stuart Blackburn practically tells us everything, before the episodes air date!

Stuart Blackburn inherited a strong show off Collinson, and the Collinson era ended fantastically! However, Blackburn has slowly destroyed the show, and now you can really see the effect, because it is really bad and unexciting! One of the only good things you can say about Corrie, is that it has more long serving cast members than the other soaps, but even they aren't used much anymore, and are written quite poorly...

Months of drivel...

Also, plots just go on and on and on, and are hardly developed, it's just a load of crap! Definitely been a bad year for Corrie!

Reading this I might not bother :o:o:o
  • Options
    sultanina9sultanina9 Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Corrie is my Favourite.

And the reason is because it isnt all heavy unrealistic stuff, you get Serious but a lot of Comedy, surely it is nice to see a Soap which isnt top heavy.

Also with Corrie, I lime the fact the characters most have stayed for years, and not gone off to and nake themselves big, and then end up back on Eastenders.

Imo corrie has too little going on, hollyoaks has too much crazy stuff going on, eastenders is the perfect soap imo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reading this I might not bother :o:o:o

Ok? I really don't care tbh:D
  • Options
    Cheekymonkey09Cheekymonkey09 Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This forum is just full of people whining about how awful the show is. Stop watching then - nobody is compelling you to do so. Why do people have to announce how bored they are? It's boring.

Sorry, last time I checked this was a soap forum to air your views on soaps;-)
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I miss posting with you too Catmittens. We always had some very good, in depth conversations on the go!

I'm going to put myself on the line and watch tonight's episode :o:o
    Ok? I really don't care tbh:D

I think KornerKabin was referring to giving tonight's ep a go, not reading your post. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member

Months of drivel...

OMG I nearly die with laughter reading this but is true corrie is not good anymore the storyline are so boring and the Nazirs are crap
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    I think KornerKabin was referring to giving tonight's ep a go, not reading your post. :D

Shit, I'm sorry!:(:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG I nearly die with laughter reading this but is true corrie is not good anymore the storyline are so boring and the Nazirs are crap

It used to be so good, but it's poor now... Tonight's episode was average:p