Options

Recommendations on Netflix

Comments

• Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    But it's finished its run over there, and here so can't see the point of putting in a season break.
  • Options
    dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Disney's Frozen now on Netherlands
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray Donovan season 1 now on Netherlands.
  • Options
    hallstarhallstar Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a new film, but if anyone like me is in the mood to watch Dead Poets Society, I have found in on the Finnish version. It was about the 6th country I had tried before finding it.
  • Options
    BrolacBrolac Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    hallstar wrote: »
    Not a new film, but if anyone like me is in the mood to watch Dead Poets Society, I have found in on the Finnish version. It was about the 6th country I had tried before finding it.

http://www.moreflicks.com/ saves the leg work:

http://www.moreflicks.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=Dead+Poets+Society&ccat=movies&provider%5B%5D=netflix
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    The Nut Job added to US. Still in cinemas here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^ I saw that, I thought it was Nut Job 2 in the cinemas over here, but must be mistaken as the NF film is 2014
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    ^^ I saw that, I thought it was Nut Job 2 in the cinemas over here, but must be mistaken as the NF film is 2014

It is the same film that is in cinemas here at present, not a great film but may distract the kids for a bit :)
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Looks like you get stuck with subtitles though. Shame as this is only released on dvd this week. Felt like seeing it on Mexico NF but not with foreign subtitles!

Not if your using www.unblock-us.com you don't.
    Subtitles are a thing of the past as you just turn them off via the caption on/off switch ;-) .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That feature is good, except when watching an English Language film, and someone speaks in a foreign language, it knocks those off as well. I suppose I should take the option off when watching UK, US or Canada but always forget.
  • Options
    Ben_WBen_W Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Blue ruin on USA
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Bates Motel turned up this month on Netflix UK. Watched the first episode last night, not sure what to make of it just yet but will keep watching.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    The hit BBC drama Happy Valley is now on USA and Canada. It is billed as a Netflix Original Series which is a bit odd as it is a BBC production. Perhaps it is exclusive to Netflix in those countries. Anyway well worth a look if you missed it earlier in the year on BBC1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's some very annoying things with the BBC, if you look at Netflix it has De vinci's Demons as a BBC production, that was on Living or whatever station in this country. Same as Copper was a BBC America production, which the BBC have deemed we're not worthy of watching. It does make you wonder how many programmes the BBC make, that we never see on the BBC!
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's some very annoying things with the BBC, if you look at Netflix it has De vinci's Demons as a BBC production, that was on Living or whatever station in this country. Same as Copper was a BBC America production, which the BBC have deemed we're not worthy of watching. It does make you wonder how many programmes the BBC make, that we never see on the BBC!
    BBC America is a commercial broadcaster and completely separate from the BBC in this Country. Also some shows are distributed by BBC worldwide but they don't have any input with the production. The Canadian show Being Erica is one example I can think of which was shown on E4 in this Country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep I know that, but you'd think the BBC would pick up these shows, which have been well received in other parts of the world instead of letting Netflix, Amazon and Sky pick them up.
  • Options
    ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let?? I think you mean sell to the other networks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ovbg wrote: »
    Let?? I think you mean sell to the other networks.

Aye that too!!...lol
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seasons 1-3 of The Walking Dead are now on Netflix Brazil
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    S3 of Once upon a time and Revenge now on USA.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Loving 'The Shield' at the moment.
    On season 5 now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Watching the Americans on Netherlands very good, only problem is when they speak Russian, no subtitles.
  • Options
    BigBadJimmyBigBadJimmy Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    only problem is when they speak Russian, no subtitles.

Is that because you have your DNS service's "no subtitles" option selected maybe?
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Is that because you have your DNS service's "no subtitles" option selected maybe?

It's more than likely because there are no English subtitles on the foreign language regions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^What he said, I have the subtitles option ticked off, but obviously when watching a American programme on a Dutch NF it would have Dutch subtitles for the American being spoken and the Russian.