which would you have sided with?

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    fender101 wrote: »
    which would you have sided with?

Clothes wise I prefer the Rockers, but music wise I would have preferred the Mods, so it would be difficult.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I love both styles of music and clothes, but it'd have to be Mods, cos I am obsessed by Parkas and love all the Kinks, Small Faces and Who etc music.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mods. Love the music and fashion. I even used to have a Vespa!
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was my era lol, I was definitely a mod.
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    someones been watching quadrophenia that was on yesterday, or tuesday,...

mods... im definately in the mod camp, fashions and music, music that i still enjoy hearing (hence the rare 60's thread) even though i was only a boy at the time.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Mods" pinched the name from we "modernists," modern jazz aficionados, who wore Italian style box jackets, button-down collared shirts, thin knitted ties, tapered slacks, winkle-picker or chisel-toed Italian shoes and haunted the jazz clubs of London's West-end and Soho.

Older and hopefully perceived as more sophisticated than the average "mod," we wouldn't have been seen dead in a Parka and certainly wouldn't have had a motor bike, or a collection of unused rear-view mirrors with a scooter somewhere under them.
  • Options
    Troy TateTroy Tate Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Mod music, Rockers bikes. Some Rockers became greasers or Hells Angels, Some Mods became skinheads for the hard ones, soul to reggae. Hippies for some of the others, drug songs by the Small Faces or Who to expanded consciousness by Pink Floyd, Beatles etc.
  • Options
    DisturbedDisturbed Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Mod, tracksuits and parkas are more easier to wear (especially in the UK climate) than leathers and putting spikes through every orifice.
  • Options
    Cat SimonCat Simon Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Mods" pinched the name from we "modernists," modern jazz aficionados, who wore Italian style box jackets, button-down collared shirts, thin knitted ties, tapered slacks, winkle-picker or chisel-toed Italian shoes and haunted the jazz clubs of London's West-end and Soho.

Older and hopefully perceived as more sophisticated than the average "mod," we wouldn't have been seen dead in a Parka and certainly wouldn't have had a motor bike, or a collection of unused rear-view mirrors with a scooter somewhere under them.

Mod is one of those movements which constantly changes and adapts to the times, hence the name "Modernists".
    That way, there are so many different facets to that particular youth cult.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    I remember a few years ago my nana asked if i was becoming a mod because i had just recently gotten into the music of the beatles, the kinks and the who. Obviously, being born in '91, i had no idea what she was talking about so she told me to watch quadrophenia.

I did some research on the mods and rockers after watching the movie and as someone has already said, i love the music of the mods but i prefer the fashion of the rockers.
  • Options
    Cat SimonCat Simon Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Troy Tate wrote: »
    Mod music, Rockers bikes. Some Rockers became greasers or Hells Angels, Some Mods became skinheads for the hard ones, soul to reggae. Hippies for some of the others, drug songs by the Small Faces or Who to expanded consciousness by Pink Floyd, Beatles etc.

From the rock'n'roll / modern jazz era of the late 50s through to the punk era of the late 70s, via Mod, Psychedelica, Hippy, Hard Rock, Heavy metal and Glam Rock, we in Britain were absolutely spoilt with music and fashion.