Options

What was your school's wet play policy?

BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
Forum Member
Did your primary school let you out when it rained badly?

Looking back, my school didn't even let you step foot outside, even if you had the appropriate change of clothes. So you were forced to watch horrible comedies in the school hall. :(

Comments

• Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to be absolutely pissing it down before they'd let you go indoors.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leave us out and see how many could fit in the bike shed together for a laugh. Sure they placed bets.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Why are so many posters seemingly fixated on what happened when they were at school? Seems to be a common theme.
  • Options
    scruffpotscruffpot Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    Why are so many posters seemingly fixated on what happened when they were at school? Seems to be a common theme.

its cause we are all so insecure and have had bad school experiences, and have to be keyboard warriors on DS venting our childhood.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    kippeh wrote: »
    Beats threads on religion and "human interest" stories. ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We were allowed in the gym instead. Shoes off first though.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked indoor dinner times and play times, prefer to sit and chat in the warm gym than stand around outside.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    You were only allowed out on the concrete areas.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Primary school - stay indoors, under no circumstances will you be allowed out and if you're caught we'll call your parents
    Secondary school - do as you wish

My secondary school had a "stay indoors when it's snowing or get detention" policy however.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Pretty much the same (except for the "calling the parents" or the snowing parts).
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Build dams in the burn if you like but if you get wet you stay wet.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I think if it was only mild rain/drizzle we could stay outside if it was heavy rain we had to go inside.

I was allowed to stay in a lot anyway and just read or something or we had various clubs and things to do (chess-book-ect)

And I know people see that as me not liking fun but to me that was fun my absolute favourite thing in the world was reading (still is really) so Ioved to get to do it as much as I could even when I went outside I took a book with me and read it on a bench.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Light rain meant you could only play on the netball court which meant stand in the rain! So many children to cram in a small space so no room to play.

Very heavy rain meant indoors which was the best i think! If it had been raining during the night, at lunchtime everyone would line up at the playing field and the lunch lady would walk about 10 foot onto the field and feel the grass. If it was dry she would put her arm in the air and that was a signal for everyone to cheer and race down the field, with the first person to reach the fence being "the winner". If the grass was wet she would walk back to us and everyone would be disappointed.

I dont know who on earth made up the rule that everyone lined up and sprinted down the field, but afaik the kids still do it! One of those things where everyone just does it and the tradition carries on.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We (the girls) weren't allowed to play hockey in heavy rain, so we had to run laps of the rugby pitch instead when we had games.