Aw Caroline :(

She broke up with her boyfriend :(, I knew something wasn't quite right during/after her Saturday night performance. She definitely looked quite upset. I now think Pasha said to her after the dance "Keep it together?" Maybe? Hopefully she'll be in better spirits for the semis! :)

Comments

• ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    The curse of Strictly! ✝

Maybe that explains why the judges overmarked that very average AT so badly.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Arcana wrote: »
    The curse of Strictly! ✝

I actually thought it was a brilliant Argentine Tango and I thought their scores were spot on actually, but we're all entitled to our own opinions and I respect yours but I personally disagree. :)
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually thought it was a brilliant Argentine Tango and I thought their scores were spot on actually, but we're all entitled to our own opinions and I respect yours but I personally disagree. :)

Couldn't agree more. Well said.;-)
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too. I thought it was great and have watched it several times.
  • MontyDMontyD Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she wants a shoulder to cry on I am more than happy to help. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member

I agree with you. I thought she did a great job. Perhaps a score of 37/38 would have been more appropriate although she was still the best on the night. A score of 38 for Jake's Charleston :confused:, I would have said 36 max! Although both Caroline and Jake were the best on the night I feel! Frankie really needs to up her game in the semis me thinks.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,486
    Forum Member
    Cannot warm to Caroline - don't know why. Perhaps it has something to do with not really knowing what she does?
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    I thought Caroline's AT was pretty good actually for a Strictly AT. Its my favourite one for a long time. It was definitely more authentic than some (like Simon's for instance).

In the scheme of dances this series, it was decidedly theme, gimmick and producer intervention free.
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At this rate Pasha will get as bad a reputation as Kristina.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Wasn't there rumours he cheated on her all the time anyway? Bet she can't wait for the Olly rumours to come back around again...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    The curse of Strictly! ✝

Given that Len tore a strip off Kelly Brook while her dad was at death's door, I very much doubt he'd bung Caroline a few extra points because of a broken relationship.

Though I guess it does explain why she seemed a bit 'disconnected' from the dance. Other things on her mind.
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't there rumours he cheated on her all the time anyway? Bet she can't wait for the Olly rumours to come back around again...

Lock up your sons.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    I thought Caroline's AT was pretty good actually for a Strictly AT. Its my favourite one for a long time. It was definitely more authentic than some (like Simon's for instance).

In the scheme of dances this series, it was decidedly theme, gimmick and producer intervention free.

I thought it was a pretty good attempt, and the traditional music helped a lot, but I didn't feel it was 10-worthy. It didn't quite have the intricacy of Rachel's for example, or the atmosphere of Mark's. It was almost there in both departments but didn't manage to hit the spot.
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Caroline :(

But she is beautiful and talented. She will be fine.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    How long until the tabloids will start rumours about her and Pasha now..
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno about curse of Strictly, I'm getting more of a curse of Pasha, didn't Rachel Thingy fromCountdown break up,with her husband after dancing with Pasha?
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Dunno about curse of Strictly, I'm getting more of a curse of Pasha, didn't Rachel Thingy fromCountdown break up,with her husband after dancing with Pasha?

I thought rachel and Pasha were an item these days.
    Forum Member
    alan29 wrote: »
    I thought rachel and Pasha were an item these days.

Yeah, they're an item.
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alexw12 wrote: »
    Yeah, they're an item.

So the answer to my question is yes then.

Lock up,your daughters.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps being treated with respect by Pasha, made her realise she was worth better than the ex.
    Forum Member
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Perhaps being treated with respect by Pasha, made her realise she was worth better than the ex.

That's an interesting interpretation, I never thought of it that way. From what I've read the breakup was amicable.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alexw12 wrote: »
    That's an interesting interpretation, I never thought of it that way. From what I've read the breakup was amicable.

Heard he was allegedly a bit of a womaniser. So amicable may just be a way to avoid mud slinging.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He definitely cheated on her. Ugh I'm so glad she's rid of him, she's much better off without him. As for the Olly rumours, those two are meant to be, but Olly's still taken, as far as we know, damn it.
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He definitely cheated on her. Ugh I'm so glad she's rid of him, she's much better off without him. As for the Olly rumours, those two are meant to be, but Olly's still taken, as far as we know, damn it.

Ah, my friend, you're determined to get those two together! :)

I do admit, I loved them as a partnership on The Xtra Factor! Particularly the teasing that went on when he fell off the stage at a concert ....
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    I dont really know anything about either of them, but when olly visited her in training, as shown on ITT last week, he said - twice, no less - , that she needs lots and lots of positive affirmation and feedback to keep her upbeat and on track.

And suddenly she began to look a bit fragile and hard work to me....