Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Treading on your shoelace and it unravelling.
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geordies saying "mam" annoys me more.

I've always assumed Mam is a welsh thing, I call my mam it and mammy if talking about her to my Nan or step dad. It annoys me that I can never find any birthday or mothers day cards that says Mam.
  • makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to the cinema and getting people still walking in 10 mins after the film has actually started.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Our neighbour took a parcel in for us last monday and we only got it today! She came round at 7am while oh was getting ready for work. Apparently shes tried every day but we are always out which is a shock to me since that isnt true.

Why not leave us a note saying she had something so we could pop round? Not the first time either. Last year oh brother got his birthday present late because she kept it for 5 days before telling us she had it!

Where I live the postman or delivery driver always leaves a note to say 'your parcel is at no.---' I'm surprised it doesn't happen with you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always assumed Mam is a welsh thing, I call my mam it and mammy if talking about her to my Nan or step dad. It annoys me that I can never find any birthday or mothers day cards that says Mam.

Mam shows more affection I believe, and its the proper way to address your mam
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Our neighbour took a parcel in for us last monday and we only got it today! She came round at 7am while oh was getting ready for work. Apparently shes tried every day but we are always out which is a shock to me since that isnt true.

Why not leave us a note saying she had something so we could pop round? Not the first time either. Last year oh brother got his birthday present late because she kept it for 5 days before telling us she had it!

You know, this gets me too. In the past few months, I've taken in two parcels for neighbours, and then, after I took it round to them, finding out the postie/courier didn't put a card through their door either time. When the neighbours didn't come round for their parcel for a couple of days I went round and put a note through the door.

And then, my son was expecting a parcel that ended up being late by about a week, and when he chased it up he found out it had been delivered to a neighbour's house. Not only did the postie not put a card through our door, but the neighbour didn't try us either, and it's rare I'm out. I can understand them waiting for us for a couple of days, but we had no idea it was at their house. There was no rush for it, apart from "I wannit now!" by my son (haha), but it's still annoying.

I just don't know what's going on with the postie/couriers lately.
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Our old mum was Welsh, and my sister hit on a brilliant idea - she got a gold pen and changed the U into an A. All curly, all proper, and everything. Mum was chuffed. We usually called her Mum, but she, in turn, called our grandma Mam (being Welsh). Mum loved it, anyway. Maybe you could find a card with wording you could change like that?
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who types "breath" when they mean "breathe".

Get it right you damn moron, you make me want to punch the computer screen! >:(>:(>:(>:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Get it right you damn moron, you make me want to punch the computer screen! >:(>:(>:(>:(

Take a deep breathe, and chill... :p
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    Take a deep breathe, and chill... :p

See, it's normally the other way around that people do it.

e.g. "I could hardly breath."

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

Your way, although wrong, doesn't seem quite as annoying.
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anneliese wrote: »
    Ordering a salad at a hotel. It came with a jacket potato, beans and crisps all touching each other. Not the end of the world but I chose a salad for a reason. (it wasn't on the menu description either)

I too hate sexually adventurous food.
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Going to the cinema and getting people still walking in 10 mins after the film has actually started.

There is a word for people like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saigo wrote: »
    There is a word for people like that.

Late?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Not so trivial but my husband and I went to make a will at the Solicitors. They wanted our email address and expected us to fill out a form online to make our Will and send it to them. A fee of £250 was asked of us.
    What we wanted instead was to actually sit down with a human being and discuss the Will with them. They made a fuss about this request and having waited ages for an appointment to do just that the girl couldn't answer any of our questions. It's all on our website, she said.
    We are not stupid people but making a Will is important to us and I would have thought this is a case where human contact was appropriate.
  • LifeisGoodLifeisGood Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phones vibrating. It's just an awful, loud, intrusive, noise, and is much worse than the normal ringtone.

It's even worse if they have the ringtone on (usually at full volume) as well.

I can understand it if someone has their phone in the pocket, but not on a desk at work, or at home on the arm of the chair.

It's just horrible!

I'm writing this on the verge of killing my husband's Galaxy Note.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People whistling – especially when they're walking around a shop.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    Not so trivial but my husband and I went to make a will at the Solicitors. They wanted our email address and expected us to fill out a form online to make our Will and send it to them. A fee of £250 was asked of us.
    What we wanted instead was to actually sit down with a human being and discuss the Will with them. They made a fuss about this request and having waited ages for an appointment to do just that the girl couldn't answer any of our questions. It's all on our website, she said.
    We are not stupid people but making a Will is important to us and I would have thought this is a case where human contact was appropriate.

That is pretty shocking actually, Considering how important a will is they should understand peoples wishes and needs
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who instead of asking a question give you half a sentence and expect you to come in and finish it off ("And your name is...."etc).

People who ask a question and don't listen to the answer.

People who call all abbreviations, whether they are acronyms or not, acronyms.

People who spout claptrap in meetings (I went to one last week where somebody presumed to tell the entire group, who don't all work for the same organisation or have the same goals, what our "collective ambition" was).

I could go on, but I have a feeling someone might say their annoyance is "people who go on and on" :D
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That reminds me... people who get narky about unintentional mis-spelling :D
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Un-labeled video cassettes - big box of 'em and finding out which ones I want to save is taking like forEvah,
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    People who say "Sorry?" when they didn't hear you, or, even worse, "er?". Don't know how to spell that last one but my neighbours grown up son is very guilty of that and she's never put him right. I hate it.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,566
    Forum Member
    I've always assumed Mam is a welsh thing,
    Quite common in parts of the North of England too.
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    English people who use the word mom
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    "Mom" is the American version of "mum".

People who don't realise Mom is also used in the UK and NOT an Americanisim.

I've said for a long time that we need a sticky thread to settle this once and for all, so many threads have been derailed with this discussion >:(:D
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's something irritating about people using 'Mama' and 'Papa'. I have no idea why, but since I was a kid, it's truly nails on a chalk board.

Since my kids are at their grandfather's for the summer, we have a brief video chat on Skype every night or at where they are, day.

When it's time to end the chat, they switch off before I could finish my last sentence. Like so, "All right, I'll see you lot tomorrow, so plea- *camera off*...Argh!"

I hate that as much as I hate people hanging up their phone without saying goodbye.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    People who don't realise Mom is also used in the UK and NOT an Americanisim.

I've said for a long time that we need a sticky thread to settle this once and for all, so many threads have been derailed with this discussion >:(:D

I am aware, But to me it works better with an american accent, And this thread is for TRIVIAL things therefore i think mine should count :p
This discussion has been closed.