Asda and Tesco opening times today

Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
Forum Member
Are either open?

If so, are they open normal or Sunday hours?

I want to get a chicken :D

Comments

• bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they're both open now, in most towns and Cities.

Very few retail outlets are closed or have different opening times on Good Friday.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the speedy response :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any time over the weekend when all shops are shut?
  • peppi Bpeppi B Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    It is illegal for a shop over a certain floor area to open on Easter Sunday - so supermarkets, DIY stores, most garden centres etc are closed by law. Make sure you get your milk, bread, booze etc before they close tomorrow night, or wait until Monday.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peppi B wrote: »
    It is illegal for a shop over a certain floor area to open on Easter Sunday - so supermarkets, DIY stores, most garden centres etc are closed by law.
    Not all of them.

I'll be going to Asda on Sunday.
    Forum Member
    Mark™ wrote: »
    Not all of them.

I'll be going to Asda on Sunday.

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1073792287

er - I don't think so unless it is a 'mini' store, or they have decided to pay the substantial fine!
  • tatotaltatotal Posts: 5,874
    Forum Member
    I'm suprised there isn't a dull 'ad-off' between them about who is really open longer.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peppi B wrote: »
    http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1073792287

er - I don't think so unless it is a 'mini' store, or they have decided to pay the substantial fine!
    Er...I know so. I live in Scotland.

I like this assumption that everyone lives in England and Wales with their archaic laws relating to Easter Sunday (and Sundays in general).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member

I like this assumption that everyone lives in England and Wales with their archaic laws relating to Easter Sunday (and Sundays in general).

You beat me to it.

Some of us live in Scotland where we have modern laws concerning opening hours. :D:D
    Forum Member

Ah, God's own country. You people are far more civilised and educated!