~*~ Gossip Girl Thread ~*~

1272829303133»

Comments

• ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the 1st and most of the 2nd of the series since Thursday and some parts don't really add up. I don't think Dan would of posted stuff about him having an affair with Miss Carr and when their was a picture of Serena with a pregnancy test, he was shocked when he saw the pic.

Although, these were definitley the better seasons. :)
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    FINALLY! I can stop avoiding spoilers like the plague. I already knew about who GG was because a friend of mine plastered it all over facebook :rolleyes:

I knew also about the weddings because I'd seen photographs online and then really wished that I could erase them from my memory.
    snowiris wrote: »
    i only started watching gossip girl a couple of years ago so im going to watch it from the beginning now

I only started watching it a few years ago too. I got through the available boxsets very quickly! :)
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    Watched the 1st and most of the 2nd of the series since Thursday and some parts don't really add up. I don't think Dan would of posted stuff about him having an affair with Miss Carr and when their was a picture of Serena with a pregnancy test, he was shocked when he saw the pic.

Although, these were definitley the better seasons. :)

I can't wait to watch the earlier seasons again, they are my favourite! I suppose when you go back it can easily be picked at certain points where it doesn't make sense for Dan to be GG but i'm just going to take it with a pinch of salt. The way i look at it is that maybe Dan had to post certain things about himself to make people think it wasn't him.
    Forum Member
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    I can't wait to watch the earlier seasons again, they are my favourite! I suppose when you go back it can easily be picked at certain points where it doesn't make sense for Dan to be GG but i'm just going to take it with a pinch of salt. The way i look at it is that maybe Dan had to post certain things about himself to make people think it wasn't him.

I have to be honest I thought that it was going to be Jenny. Everyone automatically assumed that GG would be female which is why (I think) so many people were surprised that it was Dan.

I think that it makes perfect sense for Dan to be Gossip Girl. I did have a "huh?!" moment when I first found out (unfortunately I didn't find out whilst watching the final episode like most people, a friend of mine plastered it all over Facebook! :() It's his way of being on the "inside" :)
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I have to be honest I thought that it was going to be Jenny. Everyone automatically assumed that GG would be female which is why (I think) so many people were surprised that it was Dan.

I think that it makes perfect sense for Dan to be Gossip Girl. I did have a "huh?!" moment when I first found out (unfortunately I didn't find out whilst watching the final episode like most people, a friend of mine plastered it all over Facebook! :() It's his way of being on the "inside" :)

I thought it would be Jenny to! For me the reason of Dan being GG makes perfect sense, it was all about him being apart of that world that he so badly desired. I like it though how Jenny knew all along about it!
    Forum Member
    I think that GG is one of the only shows that I can happily watch episodes back to back without getting bored even though I know what's going to happen. I'm already on the final episode of season 1 again. :o
    Forum Member
    bexmil89 wrote: »
    Totally off topic but is it just me who finds in funny that in the bloopers on the dvd whenever ed westiwck messes up he just goes all british again? It cracks me up everytime :D

I still find it bizarre to hear him talk as he is. I'm so used to the American accent.
    Forum Member
    I've just finished re-watching seasons 5 and 6. I love the finale episode.

I need to find something else to watch now that GG has finished. Any recommendations?
  • emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member

I need to find something else to watch now that GG has finished. Any recommendations?

I love Nashville. Best new show I've seen with a great mix of music and characters, and it's not too heavy either.
    Forum Member
    emma555 wrote: »
    I love Nashville. Best new show I've seen with a great mix of music and characters, and it's not too heavy either.

I'll try and find that online then :) I was hoping to find it on Netflix, but no such luck as of yet.

I've started re-watching Season 4 of GG. I've seen them all so many times that I don't need to watch them in order. :o
  • caz06caz06 Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you could try Pretty Little Liars!!? , this was my GG replacement, I came into the show late but finally catched up and i'm hooked! would definatley recommend !!
    Forum Member
    emma555 wrote: »

Nashville is brilliant. I finished season one recently. I'm waiting for season two to come out on DVD before watching it. I haven't seen it online.

Watching Blair's wedding episode (to Louis) at the moment. Her dress was absolutely stunning.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,260
    Forum Member

The O.C.
    Forum Member
    The character of Diana Payne is terrible. Elizabeth Hurley isn't a great actress, is she?

:blush:
    dee123 wrote: »
    The O.C.

I have every season of that and I watch it regularly. :) Thank you for the suggestion though.

I am going to buy season two of Nashville soon and continue with that. I'm a big fan of country music in recent months and the first season was brilliant. They have such good music on that show.
  • RavenRaven Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding G.G and the O.C . . .

Cant help thinking that its kinda cool that Seth (Adam Brody) recently married Blair (Leighton Meester).

Have you watched Hart of Dixie . . . . Rachel Bilson plays a very similar role to that of Summer in the O.C
    Forum Member
    Blake Lively announces pregnancy via her website, Preserve

Scroll to the bottom of the page for the reveal. :)

She looks so happy in that photograph. Congratulations to Blake & Ryan.
    Forum Member
    Leighton Meester and Adam Brody are expecting their first baby!

Has anybody heard Leighton Meester's album "Heartstrings"? It's wonderful. It only has 9 tracks but it's one of my best purchases. Songwriting is definitely what she should be doing rather than the pop music that she was making in 2009.

I'm watching season 5 of "Gossip Girl" today. I'm currently watching Blair and Louis's wedding episode. Her dress in this one is absolutely stunning.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am thinking about giving this show another go at some point.
    Forum Member
    I am thinking about giving this show another go at some point.

:) did you see it all the way through when it was on or did you give up on it?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched half of season 1 when it first aired and gave up
    But that was like 8 years ago and tastes change. I wasn't into primetime american soaps like Gossip girl back then.
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    I started watching this from the start again yesterday.. Got the boxsets out as I realised that half of the seasons were still sealed.

Forgot how much I love this show, will always be one of my favourite shows. Chuck and Blair are just everything.
    Forum Member
    Wow.. When you re-watch this you realise just how many plot holes there are for Dan being Gossip Girl.. It literally makes no sense. I'm finding in literally every episode in S2 there are just plot holes.