MasterChef Australia Season 6 ...

Comments

• mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    they have done that sort of charity challenge a couple of times and the winning side usually ends up being down to one big donation , which was what happened tonight , so basically one diner decided the whole challenge
  • triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it would be fairer if there were a ceiling on the amount that can be donated, but they can't do that because it penalizes the charity.

I don't mind that they bring a contestant back. It spices things up a bit. Of course it's not fair, but the show has always been a combination of cooking ability and entertainment. There's a lot else that's also unfair, such as good cooks in a losing team being up for elimination while bad cooks in a winning team are not. Bringing back an eliminated contestant is just another case to add to the list.
    Forum Member
    triton333 wrote: »
    Yes, it would be fairer if there were a ceiling on the amount that can be donated, but they can't do that because it penalizes the charity.

I don't mind that they bring a contestant back. It spices things up a bit. Of course it's not fair, but the show has always been a combination of cooking ability and entertainment. There's a lot else that's also unfair, such as good cooks in a losing team being up for elimination while bad cooks in a winning team are not. Bringing back an eliminated contestant is just another case to add to the list.

agreed

they have to do different things to create drama as it is at the end of the day a TV show

the one thing that has started to grate on me a bit , and they did it again at th end of today's show, is going on about the "massive advantage" the winner of tomorrow's challenge will get

every week its always "the biggest advantage anyone has ever had before" or "the most power we have ever given a contestant before"

seriously guys just calm down with the hyperbole
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The more I see of Brent, the more I like him.
  • mrtdg82mrtdg82 Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love australian masterchef though it is getting a little repetitive...

If one more contestant says 'I'm now really worried I'm not going to get a dish out' or 'the meat has to be perfect' I will go crazy, as they build up the tension.
    Forum Member
    mrtdg82 wrote: »
    I love australian masterchef though it is getting a little repetitive...

If one more contestant says 'I'm now really worried I'm not going to get a dish out' or 'the meat has to be perfect' I will go crazy, as they build up the tension.

BiB - that has definitely been this year's catchphrase in VTs during cooking
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    Me too.

He really wants it, he has heaps of raw talent and he learns quickly.

I'd be delighted if he won but think he's a bit of a long shot.
  • cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me three. He's crept up on me. :o:blush::D
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he was up on the balcony with his hair swinging loose, I even felt a little flutter :blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    agreed

every week its always "the biggest advantage anyone has ever had before" or "the most power we have ever given a contestant before"

seriously guys just calm down with the hyperbole

But but but its the POWER apron.... :o

I am expecting whoever wins it to put it on, lots of white sparks flow from them and a big mysterious voice to state 'BY THE POWER of the APRON.......' Whilst they levitate absorbing the power and to be advised, warned, made to understand; they can only use the power apron for good, using it for evil will unleash the dark apron curse and Gordon Ramsey will appear for the rest of the series.....
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    The power apron makes me want to wander around my kitchen with my not-so-pristine apron shouting Expelliarmus or something of that ilk....
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Brent's lovely!

His girlfriend is on Australia's Next Top Model, or whatever it's called. Don't google unless you want spoilers though.
  • MagpieMaisieMagpieMaisie Posts: 2,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OUCH to "tastes like my grandmother's perfume" and LOL at Matt licking Jamie's plate clean :D

Edit: also ouch to Emelia's finger. "That's not a band aid" is exactly what I said when I did something similar to my knuckle washing a brand new knife in a hurry before driving myself one-handed to casualty, having picked the day the other half was in London for a job interview to do it.
    Forum Member
    Is it me or does Jamie seem to think he's better than he really is?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing to see Tracey so self assured, given the blubbering wreck she was in the first two weeks!

By the Power of the Apron, she needs to win this....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RFS wrote: »

I can't look past the sneer and the moustache now ... and the beetroot
    Forum Member
    BBAnne wrote: »
    I can't look past the sneer and the moustache now ... and the beetroot

I used to like a bit of beetroot. I really don't anymore.
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

At the start I really disliked Jamie. Now I've goten over this, I don't mind him. But still I only really like Brent and Laura.

Lol Kira sabotaging her own team.

Also re deciding the winner of that challenge by the donations, they should've really done it based on the number of donations received, rather the actual amount that was donated. But I was ok with the winning team, so Im good :p
  • elven62elven62 Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    The power apron makes me want to wander around my kitchen with my not-so-pristine apron shouting Expelliarmus or something of that ilk....

Not for first time do I wish DS had a like button..:D:D
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Tracey's dessert looked fantastic. The judges really did show restraint. I nearly licked the TV screen.:blush:
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Tracey's dessert looked fantastic. The judges really did show restraint. I nearly licked the TV screen.:blush:
    LOL Muggsy :D

It looked proper lush.......she's been playing a blinder the last couple of weeks :cool:

If she carries on cooking like this, she could win and I wouldn't mind that at all.

OMG - Emilia's finger!!! :o

WTF were they thinking, allowing amateurs loose on mandolins without a guard? *tut*

I still can't believe it, and they make them wear those clod-hopper boots too don't they, for 'Elf n Safety' reasons?

I remember watching Rick Stein nearly take his finger off with one on his show - they still make my blood run cold whenever I see chefs using them.

Digital deathtraps :kitty:
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JUst watching a recording of tonight's episode.

I am pleased for Tracey - I have really grown to like her over the last week or so.

And she beat Jamie - Top Girl!

His air of smugness is really unfortunate.
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »
    LOL Muggsy :D

It looked proper lush.......she's been playing a blinder the last couple of weeks :cool:

If she carries on cooking like this, she could win and I wouldn't mind that at all.

OMG - Emilia's finger!!! :o

WTF were they thinking, allowing amateurs loose on mandolins without a guard? *tut*

I still can't believe it, and they make them wear those clod-hopper boots too don't they, for 'Elf n Safety' reasons?

I remember watching Rick Stein nearly take his finger off with one on his show - they still make my blood run cold whenever I see chefs using them.

Digital deathtraps :kitty:

Given that I managed to grate my finger instead of cheese last night, best I never use a mandolin. Ever!
  • cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always use a guard with my mandolin and it still scares the chocolate mousse out of me.

I wish I thought that Jamie had learned his lesson now but I don't think so from the glimpses of the next task.

Really liking Tracy now she's got over her screaming habdabs every time she had to cook under pressure. Glad she got the golden snitch - if either Jamie or Emelia had got it they would have gone into smug overdrive. Looks as if she doesn't spare anyone though.

I see your 'driving yourself to casualty', MagpieMaisie and raise you 'going on the bus with a tea towel wrapped tightly round the finger' (didn't have a car)! :D
  • Barry_SimBarry_Sim Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    what I would find interesting is how the reaction would have been sayit was tracy or renae who cut their finger? I clearly heard the medic saying this needed stitches and futher attention but they let Emelia the favorite continue, willing to bet that if it was not her or one of their other pets they would have been told to stop on medical grounds. I love how the bend the rules for certain people they favor.......

I am glad and I am not glad Tracy won it, glad because she has improved and is cooking great dishes, I am not glad because I feel that she is not ruthless enough to play a strategy and try and catch people out, whereas you know with the likes of Emelia they would, hopefully I am wrong as the whole point of having that is using it to its advantage!!