The Showdances

Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So what we know about them so far is:

Frankie and Kevin = Ballroom type dance- think Fred and Ginger according to Kevin
Caroline and Pasha = Slower dance, tugging at her heartstrings

Only real surprise so far is Caroline and Pasha doing a slower dance, thought after they excelled at Salsa and Charleston they would do something along that kind of style. Anyone have any other info on the others showdances ?

Comments

• daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With Caroline and Pasha .. Perhaps it's because the two other dances they're (potentially) doing are fast that they're going for a slower tempo showdance. Maybe .. probably .. the choice of song .. which I guess is Caroline's choice .. dictates the tempo. She did love doing the rumba and was good at it I thought. Possibly something like that with lifts. I'd be surprised if it was ballroom based. The song will give us an inkling.

Kevin is playing to Frankie's strengths which is what you'd want and expect. I'm expecting the other two to go ballroom based as well. Possibly we could be in for a Fred and Ginge overload :D
  • sambadansambadan Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The large majority of showdances in the past have been either too manic or turned into liftathons.
    The one pro who got it right was Kristina in her showdance with Jason Donovan.
    She used it to allow Jason to show so much of what he had learnt from various routines in his series and put it all together in one routine.
    Very sensible way to go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sambadan wrote: »
    The large majority of showdances in the past have been either too manic or turned into liftathons.
    She used it to allow Jason to show so much of what he had learnt from various routines in his series and put it all together in one routine.
    Very sensible way to go.
    True .. but he didn't win though .. so how much difference does it make?
  • sambadansambadan Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    True .. but he didn't win though .. so how much difference does it make?

Possibly not much if people have already decided who they want to win ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A comforting thought indeed :D
  • J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sensible way to go.

I just watched The Kristina/Jason showdance as I hadn't seen it before - wow that was good and fun too. Hope she can do something that good again. Whether it wins or not it will be well worth seeing.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what we know about them so far is:

Frankie and Kevin = Ballroom type dance- think Fred and Ginger according to Kevin
    Caroline and Pasha = Slower dance, tugging at her heartstrings

Simon and Kristina = 7 lifts and a whole mix of dance styles! (Kristina in a Radio 2 interview)
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon and Kristina = 7 lifts and a whole mix of dance styles! (Kristina in a Radio 2 interview)

Wow. If done well, it could bring the house down. I loved her showdance with Jason Donovan.
    If they come 4th or 3rd will they get to do their showdance though?
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sensible way to go.

She said in the BBC interview yesterday that she was going to incorporate everything Simon learned throughout the show :cool: or from the various routines :cool:
    I also think that's the way to go :cool:
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    Wow. If done well, it could bring the house down. I loved her showdance with Jason Donovan.
    If they come 4th or 3rd will they get to do their showdance though?

ALL the couples do a showdance; then once it's done, people will vote for a certain amount of time then the show will be back in a few hours to determine who got 4th place.

After that, the remaining 3 couples do their favorite dance of the serie so to answer your question Simon and Kristina will definitely do their showdance :)

Im ONLY hoping that they get to the 2nd part of the show because I really want to see their AT AGAIN.
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    J.R wrote: »
    I just watched The Kristina/Jason showdance as I hadn't seen it before - wow that was good and fun too. Hope she can do something that good again. Whether it wins or not it will be well worth seeing.

Just watched it back ,had forgotten it pretty much though remember it was good. Great fun and LOL at Kristina stripping off gradually :D

Great fun and Jason was game for it, but Simon is a way better technician than Jason IMO and his timing is better too, so I hope that they do really well in their showdance.
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member

I can see a Quickstep/Salsa fusion style Showdance working well for Simon, maybe with some Samba/Charleston/Jive bits thrown in. :)
  • Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J.R wrote: »

I must have missed that final - I'm sure I would have remembered that if I had seen it before.
    I just love that girl - nobody deserves a glitterball more than Kristina!
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have missed that final - I'm sure I would have remembered that if I had seen it before.
    I just love that girl - nobody deserves a glitterball more than Kristina!

After 7 years, I think that Kristina deserves to lift the glitterball. She has done so well with Simon. Kristina is a good teacher. I really want them to win but I have slightly accepted that it won't happen. Simon isn't popular enough. :(
  • Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After 7 years, I think that Kristina deserves to lift the glitterball. She has done so well with Simon. Kristina is a good teacher. I really want them to win but I have slightly accepted that it won't happen. Simon isn't popular enough. :(

Yep, I agree. But I won't be too upset if either of the girls win.
    Just so long as Mark doesn't nick it - that I would definitely not appreciate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I agree. But I won't be too upset if either of the girls win.
    Just so long as Mark doesn't nick it - that I would definitely not appreciate.

I don't like that it comes down to popularity. If Caroline wins, it won't be exciting, at all because its expected.

I'm still going to vote for Simon and Kristina.
  • Am DramAm Dram Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    I'm sending best wishes to all of them for really great show dances that push all my buttons and aren't a series of gymnastic exercises. My fave of all time was Tom Chambers and Camilla. Classy and proper dancing.
  • catakincatakin Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    My favourite show dance was Tom and Camilla too. A fun fast dance.
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    I don't like that it comes down to popularity. If Caroline wins, it won't be exciting, at all because its expected.

I'm still going to vote for Simon and Kristina.

Not at all expected or forgone conclusion ... Frankie is starting to lead polls now that Jake & Pixie are out ....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Not at all expected or forgone conclusion ... Frankie is starting to lead polls now that Jake & Pixie are out ....

If Caroline doesn't win, it will be Frankie.
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »

What polls is Frankie leading? Caroline seems to be leading all of them.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    What polls is Frankie leading? Caroline seems to be leading all of them.

It's probably a poll on a Saturdays forum ;)
  • foxyredfoxyred Posts: 15,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear Caroline's going for the barefoot option as per Mark last week.... bad move me thinks :o
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd never heard Beverly Knight's version of Angels and checked it out when Caroline's showdance music was revealed. Awful, but TBH I'm not at all keen on the original either.

Not a fan of these contemporary dance numbers.
  • dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member

It's pure speculation on what guides other people in how they cast their votes, but I've never known who I was going to vote for before I've seen the show.

And given that the bookies' favourites often don't win, maybe a lot of the voting public do the same.