Will saved texts be lost when old SIM card is put in new phone?

MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A friend who has a 'basic' Nokia (calls & texting only) has bought a new 'basic' Samsung (not sure of the model but again just for calls & texts) and it's PAYG on Orange and she wants to know if there's a way of keeping her saved texts when she puts old SIM card in new phone, so I said I would ask the knowledgeable people on here.

Thanks if anyone knows.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends on how basic the phone is. I remember the old Nokia 3310 days when you could only save 10 or 20 texts as they saved on the sim since there was no phone memory back then.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on how basic the phone is. I remember the old Nokia 3310 days when you could only save 10 or 20 texts as they saved on the sim since there was no phone memory back then.
    Just rung to find out the model and seemingly it's a Nokia1208 and the Samsung is E1230
    and she's on PAYG Orange and apparently has 12 saved texts she doesn't want to lose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does nobody know, even though 185 people have looked at the question? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not familiar with them phones. But if the texts saved on the sim she won't lose them. Sorry I can't give you a better answer. Its gonna just be a case of hoping for the best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not familiar with them phones. But if the texts saved on the sim she won't lose them. Sorry I can't give you a better answer. Its gonna just be a case of hoping for the best.
    Thanks MGX4etc, I'm about to ring my friend so will tell her it's 50/50 whether everything will be saved and I'll suggest she contacts Orange to be sure!
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does nobody know, even though 185 people have looked at the question? :confused:
    It's an old phone and the manual gives no clues.
    Get a new sim for the new phone and forward the texts on, then port the number over if necessary.
    Or take it to the shop where the samsung was bought and them to help.

Edit I doubt its 50/50, there are 2 outcomes but don't assume they are equally likely!