The Ratings Thread (Part 46)

Comments

• rr22rr22 Posts: 7,623
    Forum Member
    They should have been able to get doctor who organisised for a winter launch last year they had long enough to plan. Or they could have moved the voice to winter after it failed to live up to expectations and ratings dropped off towards the early summer nights. They haven't planned either very well and stuck them together so there is now no room to show them both in primetime.
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent tweet from TV Scoops. Itv4 had 3m viewers at 20.30 on Thursday night. This was its highest ever audience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV Scoops also tweeting that itv have ordered a Christmas episode of sitcom Vicious even before Series 1 has aired.
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, there won't be a big peak for the rugby with an abject England performance and Wales wrapping up the tie and the title as early as 6.15...

Stupid game anyway.

No doubt the chippy Welsh will be rolling out a special new ident tonight to celebrate getting one over on the English.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, there won't be a big peak for the rugby with an abject England performance and Wales wrapping up the tie and the title as early as 6.15...

Stupid game anyway.

Are you doing a Channel 5 and throwing the towel in?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Are you doing a Channel 5 and throwing the towel in?

I'm going to watch You've Been Framed in disgust...
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I very much like rugby, but only of the league variety.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good lad. You won't be disappointed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good lad. You won't be disappointed.

This is so appalling I might watch Ant and Dec too...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is so appalling I might watch Ant and Dec too...

I suspect you watch them every week anyway. Northern lads made good and all that. Fantastic to see the BBCs England procession derailed.
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TV Scoops also tweeting that itv have ordered a Christmas episode of sitcom Vicious even before Series 1 has aired.

Not an unusual situation. Back in 1980 Edward Woodward starred in a BBC1 sitcom called Nice Work which came with a Christmas special that was clearly comissioned before series 1 aired. This sticks in my mind only because The Radio Times Guide To Comedy makes a point of observing that the presence of the Christmas special indicates that the BBC must have had high hopes for the sitcom, but it failed to return for a second series.

Then in 1981, a new series by the name of Only Fools And Horses also had a Christmas special clearly commissioned before series 1 aired. IIRC that sitcom was quite successful.:rolleyes:

The question is, which way will Vicious go? If it's outrageous enough (and funny enough) it could become ITV's answer to Mrs Brown's Boys.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect you watch them every week anyway. Northern lads made good and all that. Fantastic to see the BBCs England procession derailed.

Now then, George, Robbie might start liking ITV. Wonder if he would go off them if they nabbed the rights to the Six Nations in 4 years time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    The question is, which way will Vicious go? If it's outrageous enough it could become ITV's answer to Mrs Brown's Boys.
    Ronant, who is not known for his itv cheer leading, was saying that it got great audience reaction the studio filming
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I suppose if England can't win, a victory for England's principality is the next best thing...

The nature of the trouncing may just bring in extra casual viewers I suppose.

Goodness knows what the peak share in the bit of England called Wales will be - 90%?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose if England can't win, a victory for England's principality is the next best thing...

The nature of the trouncing may just bring in extra casual viewers I suppose.

Goodness knows what the peak share in the bit of England called Wales will be - 90%?

Amongst CDE men 55-64 in Wales, I suspect the share will be about 102%
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing game! Hoping for a massive peak although I'm not sure it'll get it if the English sulkers tuned out early. ;)

A proud Welshman here!
  • SouthCitySouthCity Posts: 12,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amongst CDE men 55-64 in Wales, I suspect the share will be about 102%

BBC Wales must be gutted that they don't have TV or radio rights for the Lions tour, as it now looks like the team will be full of Welsh players.
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Might as well give Wales their one moment of success. No doubt the welsh will be bragging about it for months or years to come, but at the end of the end theyre failures at pretty much everything else ;). I expect 8-9million peak and BBC getting huge shares.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SouthCity wrote: »
    BBC Wales must be gutted that they don't have TV or radio rights for the Lions tour, as it now looks like the team will be full of Welsh players.

I suppose it is their national sport.

They're shit at everything else....

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it is their national sport.

They're shit at everything else....

:)

Yes 12 weeks of Tom Jones to endure from now on Saturday nights on BBC1. In your words "shit!" :D
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Excellent tweet from TV Scoops. Itv4 had 3m viewers at 20.30 on Thursday night. This was its highest ever audience.

ITV4's all-day share on Thursday was 3.4% (inc +1), matching ITV3's and ahead of ITV2 (3.0%). Possibly another record.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    ITV4's all-day share on Thursday was 3.4% (inc +1), matching ITV3's and ahead of ITV2 (3.0%). Possibly another record.

I think it was higher during the French Open tennis but that was sometimes over 13 hours.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the rugger over yet, bring on the main event Pointless Celebrities:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes 12 weeks of Tom Jones to endure from now on Saturday nights on BBC1. In your words "shit!" :D

I suppose if the 7pm news on BBC1 outrates the supermarket lads on ITV, then that might bring a smile to my face....
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member

Interesting news. I have no idea how this one will go. It's just nice to finally have a sitcom on ITV for the first time in what seems like forever.
This discussion has been closed.