Has Poor Lulu's Ordeal On Strictly Detered Other Female SuperStars Like Joan Collins?

13»

Comments

• mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank heavens for small mercies then!
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »
    Last seen number 2 on the bill ( to Alvin Stardust ) at Butlins in Minehead :D:D

Thats a better billing than you see with most live shows today Lulu & Alvin are both great singers & entertainers, much more entertaining than what you get to see on X Factor.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Thats a better billing than you see with most live shows today Lulu & Alvin are both great singers & entertainers, much more entertaining than what you get to see on X Factor.

Terry, both were pretty dire. She was ever just a two sandwiches short of a picnic, "shouty" pain in the bum and he was all, "style over substance."

It ain't the choice of "feast or famine" you've offered.
    The alternatives aren't just that pair of has-beens and a just as dire TV show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For anyone interested in Lulu's life journey including Strictly Come Dancing she is on 'Piers Morgan Life Stories' now on ITV 1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a shame they cut the Strictly part of Lulu's life on Piers Morgan, but with a National Treasure on the show there is just so much to get through, and didn't she look just fabulous, and Well Said Sir Elton,

" A British Entertainment Legend "
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a shame they cut the Strictly part of Lulu's life on Piers Morgan, but with a National Treasure on the show there is just so much to get through, and didn't she look just fabulous, and Well Said Sir Elton,

" A British Entertainment Legend "

"Legend."

"An unverified story handed down from earlier times, especially one popularly believed to be historical."

I'd say her status as anything special was particularly "unverified."

But I'd certainly agree the "shouty has-been," is "history."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Legend."

"An unverified story handed down from earlier times, especially one popularly believed to be historical."

I'd say her status as anything special was particularly "unverified."

But I'd certainly agree the "shouty has-been," is "history."

Whatever your opinion is it was still great to see Lulu our very own National Treasure on Piers Morgan life stories last night.

If only we could get some more super stars like her and Joan Collins on Strictly, the show would be better for it.

It was nice to hear last night that Lu's friends call her 'Lu'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever your opinion is it was still great to see Lulu our very own National Treasure on Piers Morgan life stories last night.

If only we could get some more super stars like her and Joan Collins on Strictly, the show would be better for it.

It was nice to hear last night that Lu's friends call her 'Lu'.

Yeah, it's short for;

Marie McDonald McLaughlin Lawrie
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Yes. Yes it has.
  • VicsMumVicsMum Posts: 5,666
    Forum Member
    WTF is this thread? The title alone has made me laugh :D
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,581
    Forum Member
    I have never understood this obsessive compulsion to label much loved National Treasures and Living Legends with a number, why not just celebrate their being and be thankful for everything that they share with us.

This preocupation with numbers is not a hobby that I share, and makes not a jot off difference to me, and it certainly hasn't restrained Percy, the lucky dog.

I don't want Joan Collins to be detered from taking part on Strictly Come Dancing, but I fear that already might be the case, which would be our eternal loss.

She doesn't need to Terry, she doesn't need the money or the publicity. I think it is fair to let other less 'starry' people take part and perhaps further their career - or not!
    I am happy with the people who have taken part so far. No matter what their ability, it has all been very entertaining. :D
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoever wrote this thread obviously knows nothing about Joan Collins. Joan has built a career around controlling her glamorous image and you are never going to see her get hot and sweaty in a dance studio.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoever wrote this thread obviously knows nothing about Joan Collins. Joan has built a career around controlling her glamorous image and you are never going to see her get hot and sweaty in a dance studio.

My brother once travelled on the same flight. She appeared to spend most of the flight in the loo, so he invented loo-class just for her.
  • Sho NuffSho Nuff Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    My goodness this thread got dug up didn't it?!! it's over 2 years old!:o
This discussion has been closed.