Options

DTC: He's got all the Ingredients ready!

lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So, Stacey's back. Ronnie's back. The two big ladies from Santar's era, now to be back at the forefront of the show. I'm not the biggest fan of either, but you have to admit... the last time the show was good, and I mean really good, was during the Santar era featuring these two. When she gets back, it's definitely going to have a 2009 feel to it!

The ingredients are there now. We've got Danny Dyer and that whole new family coming in. We've got David Wicks, who continues to impress me. Kalfie are sticking around, I guess. With no affairs maybe, just maybe, this couple will work again. The Massoods are getting ramped up. Lola's sticking around. There's bundles of old characters in the show like Bianca and Carol (and soon Sonia), who can be salvaged if treated right. There's Sharon, who DTC has promised to save.

I'm buzzing so far. I think we may well be on the dawn of a truly brilliant era of EastEnders. Good God, does it need it. Maybe the show isn't beyond saving, after all. Time will tell, but I'm excited.

Comments

• Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the strongest cast that they've had for a while!!!

All he needs to do is turn Sharon around and he's pleased me :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    It's going to be an interesting mix I agree, 2014 should be a good year.

speaking of 2009, that was probably my favourite era.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's got one hell of a cast alright. The deadwood-decent character ratio is the best it has been in years once the leavers go.

2014 will either be a great year for EE if he pulls it off, or it could be a massive flop if he can't, just as it's getting back on its feet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    He's got a cast that most Eastenders fans would pick for their fantasy EE cast. He just needs to actually do something with them!
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think next year is going to be the year to save EE :D
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only downside is the Jake-Lauren AFFAIR! Another one? Hope is ends quickly.