*****The 100 - US Pace*****

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This starts tomorrow night (Wed 19th) on the CW.
Cannot wait, been looking forward to this one for months :)

Basic story is, earth is unhabitable and the population live on a space station called The Arc, but there is no more room... so 100 Convicts all pretty teens) are sent to earth to see if it is habitable again

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks good
    Not a lot like it, but wondering if this is CW's answer to Revolution. If it becomes as awful as that became, i will be out before i know it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice idea, but a shame they couldn't come up with a better title that didn't immediately conjure up memories of that borderline-godawful show The 4400.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    Nice idea, but a shame they couldn't come up with a better title that didn't immediately conjure up memories of that borderline-godawful show The 4400.

Hmm interesting. I liked the 4400. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm interesting. I liked the 4400. :)

I tolerated it back in the day but gave up during the third series, although my other half really enjoyed it when she found it on Netflix last year and watched the lot. I tried to keep tabs on the latter seasons to see how it ended but it was always so painfully low-budget and a bit corny, I kind of lost interest.

Like I say, *borderline* godawful ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tolerated it back in the day but gave up during the third series, although my other half really enjoyed it when she found it on Netflix last year and watched the lot. I tried to keep tabs on the latter seasons to see how it ended but it was always so painfully low-budget and a bit corny, I kind of lost interest.

Like I say, *borderline* godawful ;)

I never saw the 4th season but when i read it was cancelled and it ended on a cliffhanger, i never bothered. Have zero time for things that end of a cliffhanger

Respect your opinion:)
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Balls.

I was looking forward to this but hadn't spotted it was on CW
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    This starts tomorrow night (Wed 19th) on the CW.
    Cannot wait, been looking forward to this one for months :)

Basic story is, earth is unhabitable and the population live on a space station called The Arc, but there is no more room... so 100 Convicts all pretty teens) are sent to earth to see if it is habitable again

I doubt I'll like it.

The CW tend to have pretty actors and actresses playing out teen dramas in scifi or fantasy settings.

Star Crossed has been a big disappointment.
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Quite. If that's the limit of their creatives' imagination, it doesn't bode well for the content of the show.
    Still, I intend to give it a fair try - at least 5 minutes - before condemning it. :)
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    I doubt I'll like it.

The CW tend to have pretty actors and actresses playing out teen dramas in scifi or fantasy settings.

Yeah, saw the trailer and was like: I like the concept... but I cannot stand the fact that the CW seems to do all their casting by walking into Abercrombie & Fitch, hiring every 28-year-old working there and having them all pretend to be 15.
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just watching Pretty little liars which has a similar audience to the CW. All the girls and young men look exactly the same. Two of the girls look like twins. I do fear the 100 will be the same.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just finished watching it and.... 'meh'. For me, there's not one likable character in the show. Not one. All of the young survivors (the main characters and the dumb asses dancing in the rain) are morons. I know it's only the first episode and it's generally not a good idea to dismiss a TV show so early. So, I'm not going to say this is a bad show. It was just a bad episode - filled with morons.

I'll give the next one a fair shot. I hope there's more spears too. ;-)
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    I just finished watching it and.... 'meh'. For me, there's not one likable character in the show. Not one. All of the young survivors (the main characters and the dumb asses dancing in the rain) are morons. I know it's only the first episode and it's generally not a good idea to dismiss a TV show so early. So, I'm not going to say this is a bad show. It was just a bad episode - filled with morons.

I'll give the next one a fair shot. I hope there's more spears too. ;-)

I totally agree. 24 nations are supposed to have come together and they have all miraculously turned into Americans! One girl was supposed to have been locked away most of her life but comes out as a typical American teenager.

The lead girl takes control and they have been given no supplies. We are supposed to believe they have been stuck in the space station their entire lives and are sent down without any preparation. They adjusted immediately and the usual romance was set up.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lead girl takes control and they have been given no supplies. We are supposed to believe they have been stuck in the space station their entire lives and are sent down without any preparation. They adjusted immediately and the usual romance was set up.
    Methinks you're being a little harsh, :)

re: no supplies - iirc the shuttle had a bunch of helpie stuff but that got screwed by the floating oiks, and they were meant to be dropped right by a food+stuff store but those oiks caused them to go off course and crash miles away.

re: no preparation - they said the station was running out of supplies and doomed so there wasn't really enough time to give them survival training. And methinks that helpie-stuff that got fraked during the landing including instructions on "how to start a fire" and "don't eat the yellow snow".

re: adjusted immediately - rather than a.i, I felt most of them deteriorated into a Lord of the Flies clan. Maybe next ep will begin with showing most of them having died from exposure during the night. :doh: As for the wanderoff-ers, the gal-leader seemed a right capable gal before going down so I wasn't shocked by her "this is what we need to do" attitude.

re: romance - don't kids fall in lust like every 5mins :D

My only minor quibble was they coulda trimmed all that "big loud celebrating after his rope swing success, only to then get skewered" by about 20mins, it seemed to go on like for aaaaaaaaaggggggggggggeeeeeeeeesssss and we knew he was gonna die. I thought chomped by the river snake, or taken from behind by a lion/beaer - didn't see the spear coming - that's gonna leave a mark. :(
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is basically 90210 meets Elysium meets After Earth.

Just as I thought. Nice FX, pretty people, and stupid situations.

Doubt I'll last the season, even if this does last a season.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I quite enjoyed it for a pilot, got straight on with the story you learnt enough about what had happened and the direction the programme is headed.

Shame about the skewered lad he was just starting to grow on me, compared to everyone else on the ground, perhaps he'll make it:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It got 2.66 million viewers last night, which is incredible for The CW
    Star crossed has been a huge flop and it has been widely suggested that the success or flop of The 100 will determine whether the tomorrow people will be renewed or not.
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    It might be popular, but one episode was more than enough for me.

No thanks.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched it, was ok - few too many annoying teens but will give it one more episode.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    TWS wrote: »
    Shame about the skewered lad he was just starting to grow on me, compared to everyone else on the ground, perhaps he'll make it:D
    I don't know if there's anything to make of it, but he was still breathing last we saw him; more ... gasping for air, but very much alive. Whether that's poor editing or a teaser to the next episode remains unknown.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed it :)
    I thought it was fresh and exciting.. I'll definitly be tuning in next week.

Reviews have been very positive and it was the most viewed new show on the cw this year (in total viewers) ..

I'm gonna say now, already, it will get a second season... Star Crossed and The Tomorrow People are dead
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I don't know if there's anything to make of it, but he was still breathing last we saw him; more ... gasping for air, but very much alive. Whether that's poor editing or a teaser to the next episode remains unknown.

There was a "coming this season" trailer on the version I saw that told you for certain if he was dead or alive.

Maybe they should name each episode with the number still surviving so the next one will be The 98 or The 97 depending on Jaspers fate :D

I enjoyed it enough to watch another episode or two but probably would have preferred it if the 100 criminals weren't all teenagers (or 20 something year old actors playing teenagers) but it is the CW :D

I'm gonna say now, already, it will get a second season... Star Crossed and The Tomorrow People are dead

I didn't even bother looking at Star Crossed but so far I'd rather TTP made it to Season 2 if only one out of the three shows is going to make it.
  • TiexenTiexen Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope we see more of Battlestar Galactica's Felix Gaeta (Alessandro Juliani)
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it :)
    I thought it was fresh and exciting.. I'll definitly be tuning in next week.

Reviews have been very positive and it was the most viewed new show on the cw this year (in total viewers) ..

Star crossed meh but TTP I actually quite like it has more potential for sure
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    I first saw the trailer to this last year and thought it sounded interesting, so after watching the first episode I'm not as keen to keep following it. To me it's a Sci-Fi version of Lord of the Flies.
    May give it another episode but I think for me I think it will be another dropped show.
  • racefreakracefreak Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It felt too rushed like many pilots. Why not spend the entire first episode on the space station, let us meet the main characters and only send them to earth in the final scene? It feels amateurish the way they just throw twists and important plot points at you in the first episode. We don't know the characters yet, so twists mean nothing.