Louis Walsh predicts Tamera Foster could be bigger than Leona Lewis

JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
Forum Member
Louis Walsh has predicted X Factor wannabe Tamera Foster could be bigger than Alexandra Burke and Leona Lewis, two of the show’s previous winners.

The 16-year-old singer from Gravesend, Kent, showed up to the closed auditions with her 22-year-old friend Jerrie Dila under the name Silver Rock.

However, judges Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh, Nicole Scherzinger and Sharon Osbourne split them up, forcing them to go solo in front of the 4,000-strong Wembley Arena crowd.
In scenes due to air tonight, things get off to a bad start when the nervous teen flees the stage and heads for her family after forgetting the words to her version of Whitney Houston’s I Have Nothing.

But after a mini pep talk from show host Dermot O’Leary she reappears and wows the crowd with her flawless vocals.

Gary told her she had ‘potential beyond belief’ and Louis reckons she has what it takes to go all the way.

Source: The X Factor 2013: Louis Walsh predicts Tamera Foster could be bigger than Leona Lewis

Typical comment from Louis...:yawn:

I do love Tamera though.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Tamera and think she will be one of my favorites this season, love her voice however I hate it when judges say thing's like this at such an early point in the competition all it does it sabotage them. Saying something like this in an early stage of the competition is like a kiss of death.
  • johnny-go-gojohnny-go-go Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    I would have liked to see them add a third member, the girl from Brixton with the beanie hat would have slotted straight in.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked her last night but doing the Whitney song is just :yawn::yawn::yawn:
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They said all this about Ella Henderson last year. "You will be selling out arenas around the world in five years' time" etc.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I really like her I can see her doing well hopefully she does.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Seen this so many times. Apparently Alexandra Burke was going to be bigger than Leona, so was Ella Henderson (to be fair on Ella she hasn't had time yet)

I do like Tamera, from what I've seen of her though.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she does as well as Alex i think that she will be pretty happy. She seems to have the talent, but its early days yet, as it is with all of them.
  • Mr BlondeMr Blonde Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona Lewis?...I reckon she can be bigger than Michelle McManus...
  • Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Blonde wrote: »
    Leona Lewis?...I reckon she can be bigger than Michelle McManus...

Rik Waller?
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,461
    Forum Member
    Not being a fan of Leona's diva ballad style of singing, I can already see that Tamera has a bette voice and could be more versatile doing pop/upbeat as well as ballads (yuk)
    She's better looking as well
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seen this said many times about many people you just never no who is going to do well outside of the show
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Not being a fan of Leona's diva ballad style of singing, I can already see that Tamera has a bette voice and could be more versatile doing pop/upbeat as well as ballads (yuk)
    She's better looking as well

She had a good voice judging from the audition, but it didn't blow me away. I'm looking forward to seeing tonight performance.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't he say this about Alexandra Burke too?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    She has talent and no sob story! :D
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    Well all I know is having been at boot camp, she wasn't the stand out act by far.........not for me ...........and not judging by the audience response.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    rattie wrote: »
    Well all I know is having been at boot camp, she wasn't the stand out act by far.........not for me ...........and not judging by the audience response.

Who was the stand out for you out of the girls?
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    Who was the stand out for you out of the girls?

On the day, considering I hadn't a clue who any of them were, or whether they had ever tried out for XF before..........Hannah and Melanie, with Jade a close runner up. The audience response echoed that at the time.

When you see bootcamp, you'll know if my memory is failing me lol
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    On the day, considering I hadn't a clue who any of them were, or whether they had ever tried out for XF before..........Hannah and Melanie, with Jade a close runner up. The audience response echoed that at the time.

As I thought, thank you. :)
  • pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    I don't think she has a likable personality like Leona
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If she only wants to be better than Leona Lewis she lacks ambition.
  • Chippy ChipsChippy Chips Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I tink you're the NEXT.. BIG.. POPSTAR" :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member

When you see bootcamp, you'll know if my memory is failing me lol

Was also at same boot camp and have to agree with you.
  • jwt10jwt10 Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    Not too sure but she certainly deserves an Oscar :cool:
  • freeshatfreeshat Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Are the judges deaf tonight... :rolleyes:

Tamera was terrible. :eek:
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    that was the biggest pile of poop I have seen and heard

she was flat and didnt sing she shouted her way through the 'big notes'

I dont know what they were listening to but it certainly wasnt what I was hearing

Im just wondering which scout saw her and thought she would be the next big thing

utter tripe