Hunted (BBC)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Killary45 wrote: »
    I thought it was brilliant.

I was kidding, I knew other people liked it, I quoted someone that did.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I enjoyed it!!!

Folk on DS can be so depressing sometimes!! haha :D

You do realise that some people live to critcize shows on this forum. It is their only form of entertainment.
  • CaseyKleinCaseyKlein Posts: 3,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Screw all of you, it was enjoyable and very well filmed, and I look forward to the next episode...

not sure if thats the funniest thing ive ever read on ds....or the stupidest:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    CaseyKlein wrote: »
    not sure if thats the funniest thing ive ever read on ds....or the stupidest:eek:

It's subjective, I didn't call your opinion stupid, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't call mine stupid either. I like that kind of shooting, many people don't; Does it make it me wrong? No. Does it make the other person wrong? No.

Stop trying to force your opinion on me, just because you disagree with mine.
  • johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was fine.

Spooks was totally childish compared to this, I gave up on that very quickly but I managed to see all of this to the end of this episode at least.
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    You do realise that some people live to critcize shows on this forum. It is their only form of entertainment.

I watched Bonekickers and The Deep (aka SubKickers) purely for the fun I had on here taking the mick out of them.

So far Hunted has not featured any Giant Squid, and is the poorer for it.
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked it, great escapist TV and Melissa George is gorgeous as is the bloke playing her ex-boyfriend.
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PamelaL wrote: »
    I really liked it, great escapist TV and Melissa George is gorgeous as is the bloke playing her ex-boyfriend.

A very good range of eye candy for all sexes of any orientation
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyable tosh. It'll probably get better when the characters are more identifiable. The pout is rather annoying - it makes her look vacant! I suppose to have cast Miranda Raison (my choice) would have made it too much like Spooks.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    I watched Bonekickers and The Deep (aka SubKickers) purely for the fun I had on here taking the mick out of them.

So far Hunted has not featured any Giant Squid, and is the poorer for it.

I'll go along with the "entertaining tosh" conclusion (just as Spooks was for much of its run) but it's not quite Bonekickers bad. That was in a league of its own.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I was bored and her funny top lip annoyed me, her accent is just bizarre. She is no Hermione Norris and her love interest is definitely no Tom or Adam.The kidnapping scene cuts were just OTT. I hope it doesn't just become 'privatized spooks'.

But appart from the accent and top lip, I like the cold, stoney character. And because I loved spooks, I'll give it a go next week and wistfully hope they do some mission that gets in the way of M15 and Harry has to sort it out :D
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I'll go along with the "entertaining tosh" conclusion (just as Spooks was for much of its run) but it's not quite Bonekickers bad. That was in a league of its own.

It is a shame some people just can't let a story lead them though without the need to pick everything apart.

I loved Bonekickers and lets face the best of the best was 24. Absolute nonsense with more holes than Swiss Cheese but compulsive viewing.
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    Well I don't know what some of you watched but I was gripped, a really excellent hours entertainment, well shot, well acted and with some spooks style shocking moments-Really looking forward to next week :)
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Quite enjoyed that, thought the mid section of the episode was ropey but it all came to together in the end.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A reasonable intro. The eyeball thing was a bit gross.
    Didn't have much luggage with her though when posing as Alice.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it but yes the lip was annoying! Other than the lip I thought she was great.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I'll stick with it, but can't say I was overly impressed. Rarely am with opening episodes, to be fair.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it, and couldn't care less whether I'm in the minority. I don't know anything about the world of secret companies and it's people so wasn't fixated on whether the fight sequences or use of guns in this was believable or not, becasue I wouldn't know anyay. I doubt what we see in other tv shows or films of this genre are anymore accurate so I personally feel no need to view this show as a factual reflection of the real life thing itself. For what it was, I enjoyed it, probably more so than expected. My house enjoyed it too, males included (and they really thought a female leading this show was only for the point of putting more women in lead roles on tv rather than for creating something of substance that wasn't just ticking the quota box). Was this perfect, no. Was the way some of them talked or their appearance perfect, no. But oddly enough I liked it and so maybe my standard of shows is prob just lower than others. I loved Spooks (when it was still good and not when it got stale) but that was not continued by the BBC and now I'm happy to wait and see how this pans out. I look forward to the next episode.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were we supposed to take this seriously?

I blame all these frenetic video games to which many teenagers and young adults seem to be addicted.
    There's just so much physical activity that is believable of which an eight stone five-foot (or whatever) woman could be capable.
    I'd have a hard time believing it of Jason Bourne.

It was like Covert Affairs or Burn Notice without the humour.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    There's just so much physical activity that is believable of which an eight stone five-foot (or whatever) woman could be capable.
    I'd have a hard time believing it of Jason Bourne.

In that case stay away from Nikita :D

Lack of imagination does not help while watching these kind of shows ;)
  • SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    There was a point to that. The idea being that she was meant to see the laser point, and I suspect the driver, and get the bullet instead of him by pushing him out the way so she could play dead and free the doctor.

The laser point was part of the plan.

An intriguing first part with some strands in play.

I understand all that but it was a rubbish "plan" as no real sniper would use a laser point. That and the fake blood tasting scene were ridiculous. "Oh we'll spray him with sugar syrup and food dye, he'll never twig its not real, but just in case he does, I'll wander about on the streets a bit. Its not like I need to be under cover now, and hopefully if I encounter any guards, they will walk right up to me and attack so I can show off my ninja-skillzorz rather than stand off and hold a gun at me"
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In that case stay away from Nikita :D

Lack of imagination does not help while watching these kind of shows ;)

Yes, I thought that too about the writing and direction, but as they say, it takes all sorts.
    To be fair it wasn't that bad but I don't think I could stick it for 8 episodes.
    The "yellow screen" at the beginning, "green screen" when she was recovering for a year from being shot (that incident was really silly) and then the "blue screen" later, I found a bit distracting. This in my opinion, was really BBC3 material.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    It was a bit like eating cold porridge

I lost a lot interest before it ended but I will try next week

her lip had a life of its own
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always worrys me when they say 'From the makers of (insert vaguely successful show)

I was right. Contrived and a bit predictable. Sure it'll do well the modern Beeb audience, they expect so little
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her pout is ridiculous. You can’t concentrate on anything else when she’s in close-up except her massive gaping lips! I’m a man - We’re programmed that way. :D

It was alright but I won’t let that stop me making a pun which I fully expect will be reflected in some tabloid review:

“The Bored Identity”.