Options

Best True Story Movies

13»

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Aye, me too. Never been much of a Costner fan.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And me.
    Val Kilmer stole the movie for me.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't realise until last year that Sherman McMasters, the Cowboy that joined Earp on his revenge ride was played by Michael Rooker from The Walking Dead
  • Options
    *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shattered Glass is a brilliant film, based on the true story of a reporter (Stephen Glass) for the New Republic magazine (in-flight magazine for Air Force One) who made up entire stories that he passed off as fact. He was so plausible, but in the end almost brought the magazine to its knees. It is a tremendous film with outstanding performances...so gripping and tense!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Veronica Guerin
  • Options
    BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's cos I saw it on my honeymoon but I've always liked Oliver Stone's Doors biopic. Also think The Aviator was a very good film too. Bit obvious but hard to ignore Lawrence of Arabia cos it's so epic and beautiful.
  • Options
    spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Veronica Guerin

Yes, I agree, good film, very disturbing when Veronica goes to the villain's house & he beats her up & calls her that horrible word over & over again & drags her in to her car...:(
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Also check out Red Riding
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_riding
    Sean Harris is excellent in those last two.

I really liked that trilogy. It has a couple of issues but overall, it was great.