Catfish

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Carrying on from my question about potential happy endings, which was answered by the latest episode, I wonder whether there'll be an episode where the other person is exactly who they say they are? I'm guessing not, as that wouldn't be very interesting.

I want to see that in at least one episode - 2 people who are exactly who they say they are and walk off into the sunset together :p I suppose it goes against the whole premise of the show, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carrying on from my question about potential happy endings, which was answered by the latest episode, I wonder whether there'll be an episode where the other person is exactly who they say they are? I'm guessing not, as that wouldn't be very interesting.

Just keep watching. I wonder why they started you guys off so late. We've already seen the final episode. The only thing left is the reunion on Monday.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aha, there was the happy ending!

According to Wikipedia, the next episode to be shown over here is the reunion. What's confusing me is that in the show's introduction, there's a clip of a dark-haired girl saying "I don't know whether to laugh or cry!" but, to my memory, we never saw her. I'd presumed she was in an episode still to come.
  • Frunchy2904Frunchy2904 Posts: 97
    Forum Member

According to Wikipedia, the next episode to be shown over here is the reunion. What's confusing me is that in the show's introduction, there's a clip of a dark-haired girl saying "I don't know whether to laugh or cry!" but, to my memory, we never saw her. I'd presumed she was in an episode still to come.

I was wondering the same thing about the dark haired girl shown in the intro to the show, can anyone shine a light on that one? Is there any episodes we've missed here in the UK?
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

think their all what we've seen.
    a 2nd series has been commissioned too:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, the mystery of the missing dark-haired girl continues!

Watching the reunion episode was a bit like watching The Jeremy Kyle show at times! I was hoping that we'd see at least one of the two couples who did get together in the end...but no.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught some of these episodes on MTV today but is this show for real ? I mean I know people make up fake profiles and all that rubbish but I cant see that if people make up these profiles that they would agree for that and their lies to put onto a TV show ?
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    In answer to the OP ... my daughter and I were watching it one night and she decided to see if there was anyone out there pretending to be her.

We couldn't believe it when she found someone on Facebook and Twitter with her pictures and with the same first name who had a life filled with my daughter's pictures of her and her friends.

She ended uop having to send a photocopy of her driving license to prove that she was real and the other girl was fake.
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starts again tomorrow night, I'm so excited.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starts again tomorrow night, I'm so excited.

Yeah in the States
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tso wrote: »
    Yeah in the States

I know, I download it the following day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, I download it the following day.

Ok:)...I will wait til it comes over here
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tso wrote: »
    Ok:)...I will wait til it comes over here

Shouldn’t be too long, MTV are normally quite quick with getting their own shows over here, should be within the next couple of months or so I suspect.
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    Nevs brother is so sexy o god...

Nev's brother makes me laugh, to me he has more of a Louie Theroux approach to it than Nev.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nev's brother makes me laugh, to me he has more of a Louie Theroux approach to it than Nev.

Are you talking about Max (the grey haired one)? If so, he’s not Nev's brother. And he looks nothing like him!
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What annoys me on the show is the constant use of digital small cameras, presumably for product placement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nev's brother makes me laugh
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Are you talking about Max (the grey haired one)? If so, he’s not Nev's brother.

As from the title alone it isn't clear that this thread is about the TV show rather than the film, Littlebooties may have been talking about Ariel, Nev's brother who was in the film.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »
    What annoys me on the show is the constant use of digital small cameras, presumably for product placement.

Or ease of use.

Well it was certainly an interesting start to season 2, really didn't see that coming at all.
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or ease of use.

Well it was certainly an interesting start to season 2, really didn't see that coming at all.

You maybe right, just felt that the only reason Max joins him for the Internet search is so that you can see the camera Max is using.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't believe that Ramon spend thousands of dollars on someone he never met. Really shocking how stupid can you get.
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As from the title alone it isn't clear that this thread is about the TV show rather than the film, Littlebooties may have been talking about Ariel, Nev's brother who was in the film.

Except for the fact it's in the TV forum!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I think it's produced and presented brilliantly, and so far I have been absolutely glued to each episode. I met my wife online(in 2001) so quite a lot of it strikes a chord with us. Thankfully, not the 'catfish' aspect of it, though :eek: :p

I haven't seen the documentary the series is based on yet. I need to get around to doing so.

My husband and I met online, also, so we find the whole thing really interesting. We met in 2003, so facebook and twitter weren't really a thing (or at least a terribly prominent thing) so we're always really shocked at how little these modern kids know about the person with whom they've been chatting!

ETA: Also, I crush SUPER hard on Max! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tribute wrote: »
    Except for the fact it's in the TV forum!

...but the film was shown on TV rather than in the cinema! ;)
  • Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone see yesterday's episode?! Mindf*cked. (Series 2 Episode 10)
  • saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Catfish series one being repeated in UK on MTV and the second series starts on Monday for us.
    Have caught some of the episodes but not all so now have it on series link.
    Determined not to miss any!