Options

singers who used to sound great who can't sing anymore

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People on here know loads about the technical stuff! :eek: I don't, but I think Mel C's voice has become horrible. Maybe it always was but it was just hidden amongst the other horrible voices of the Spice Girls. ;)
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one has mentioned Cilla yet. I remember her absolutely murdering songs on Surprise Surprise, her voice from the 60s totally gone.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenbonjovi wrote: »
    People on here know loads about the technical stuff! :eek: I don't, but I think Mel C's voice has become horrible. Maybe it always was but it was just hidden amongst the other horrible voices of the Spice Girls. ;)
    I've never warmed to Mel C's voice, the tonal qualities that is. On high notes she has what I call a scouse screech.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    I've never warmed to Mel C's voice, the tonal qualities that is. On high notes she has what I call a scouse screech.

That's exactly what it is!
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It pains me to say but Alice Cooper. Maybe its because he always sings the same old croaky stuff on TV.
    I suspect he's lost a bit of range though.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenbonjovi wrote: »
    I've never really been fond of her voice, even her talking voice. And her diction is rather irritating. She's scouse mixed with something else...
  • Options
    sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have mel c's hits dvd and she sounded a lot better than at the start of her solo career but I don't think stages was a good idea she's more of a pop/rock singer to be honest.
    I think englibert sounds alright for his age i've heard worse.
    I think rod stewart's voice has gone the last three years.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Bob Dylan (actually was he ever a great singer)?!

Interesting case Robert Zimmerman and a bit like George Ivan Morrison. Yes, Bob was never a great singer and I actually think that as his voice has got deeper and coarser with age, it actually suits the songs better. I think this is the voice he has always been looking for!

Van the Man is similar, through time as his range diminished, he wrote and recorded songs that suited the change and it worked pretty well.

i might put Robert Plant in the same category but he performed very strongly at the Led Zepp reunion. And Daltrey is standing up very well too.
  • Options
    sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    also boy george he had such a great soul voice at one time.
    He still sings well but his voice is very different these days.