BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 42)

Comments

• Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    I ate 1 but was going to give the other 3 to my lad as he's like a garbage disposal unit, but think i'll bin them, got another 11 eggs anyway.

Well nothing ventured, nothing gained, on a good day they may well have turned out a triumph :D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Well nothing ventured, nothing gained, on a good day they may well have turned out a triumph :D

I never thought we would see Hicky the Great (gob)defeated by a creme egg. :D
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hicky were you eggspecting to get 11 eggs
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    I never thought we would see Hicky the Great (gob)defeated by a creme egg. :D
    I don't feel defeated, just disappointed, think i did everything right so can't see how the project could have turned out any better.
    It was worth a try, just a waste of time.
    Hicky were you eggspecting to get 11 eggs
    I had a box of 24 Cadbury's Cream Eggs, had 15 left still got 11.

Got a Malteser egg yesterday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't feel defeated, just disappointed, think i did everything right so can't see how the project could have turned out any better.

Whether it would have made any odds or not I dont know but it did say use puff pastry and stick them under the grill for 6 mins so who knows :D
  • LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    I have no idea about proposal etiquette these days, if indeed it exists at all. His partner has made it very plain that she expects to marry him, although she's also said that she would be ahppy to have a baby before they're married. Who knows how these things work these days? I know that my daughter has accepted 2 proposals of marriage, on both occasions the prospective groom had purchased the ring, took her to a special place, and offered her his heart along with the rock:cool:
    Ah well, now i understand. Of course, it is none of my business, and sorry to pry, but I am always hungry for information that might come in handy for me with Rhys, although I am stretching it a bit in this example, because I am not really expecting to be around should the situation arise. i really don't understand things nowadays, and if you don't mind the idea of marriage, why would you have a baby deliberately before getting married.
    His partner has made her position clear, so I can see that it is up to him to decide whether and when to ask. Sorry.

[QUOTE=honeythewitch;57565133
    I thought it was tomorrow that he was being left, not next week, which is a bit different and gives plenty of time for him to settle first. :)
    It sounds very promising that he was happy to wait in the car but did you know dogs are allowed at pets at home? (i think the car is the right choice until he is used to people, but for future reference)
    Gretel loves to go and choose her food. She walks up and down the aisle sniffing each one and then decides. She enjoys the complimentary chew thing they are given at the till but she has shocking manners and usually demands two.:o[/QUOTE]

No, I did say earlier that it will be all right the first Tuesday because Rhys is on school holidays.
    Yes, I do know about Pets at Home. I did post on Friday or Saturday that I took him in there on Friday on the way home from Battersea. He was perfect, did not growl at any strangers or children. I didn't take him in today because I wanted to test him on his own in the car, and it was pouring with rain.
    We now have a cage fitted to the letter box to protect the postman. I have taken him for a walk along Chatham High Street. Indeed each of us has taken him out for a walk today.
    Yoshi not the postman.
  • LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just can't imagine eating chocolate Phillie. I don't eat soft cheese like that on anything. I just eat it with my finger. Ridiculous, i shouldn't be eating it at all. I only buy the own brand from Asda or Tesco.
    I
  • Islay1Islay1 Posts: 4,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether it would have made any odds or not I dont know but it did say use puff pastry and stick them under the grill for 6 mins so who knows :D

Evening Flora :D

We seem to have missed each other recently.
    Well done getting Hicky to cook, it took his mind off winter tyres, decking...etc etc..well you know what i mean! :D

Got your fences painted yet missus?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Islay1 wrote: »
    Evening Flora :D

We seem to have missed each other recently.
    Well done getting Hicky to cook, it took his mind off winter tyres, decking...etc etc..well you know what i mean! :D

Got your fences painted yet missus?

Evening Islay :D

Yes it has kept him out of trouble today at least :D

Its been really damp and rainy here for the last couple of days so no chance to do the fence yet, no rush though, you know me dont do today what you can put off until tomorrow :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening Islay :D

Yes it has kept him out of trouble today at least :D

Its been really damp and rainy here for the last couple of days so no chance to do the fence yet, no rush though, you know me dont do today what you can put off until tomorrow :D

Well at least it keeps him out of trouble for a bit :)

I just love that attitude, maybe bacause it's the same as mine. :)

That's a shame about the weather, we have had it mixed but have managed to fill the weekend without any fall outs..so far! :eek::D

How did Christmas dinner turn out? Hope you remembered the crackers! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well at least it keeps him out of trouble for a bit :)

I just love that attitude, maybe bacause it's the same as mine. :)

That's a shame about the weather, we have had it mixed but have managed to fill the weekend without any fall outs..so far! :eek::D

How did Christmas dinner turn out? Hope you remembered the crackers! :D

No fall outs is good :D

The turkey and trimmings were lovely but thats as far as it went, no Christmas pud, crackers, Santa, presents or tree :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No fall outs is good :D

The turkey and trimmings were lovely but thats as far as it went, no Christmas pud, crackers, Santa, presents or tree :D

You're no fun! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're no fun! :D

I know, a dead loss :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    I have three cats. Two Maine Coons, Jasper and Electra, and a Birman, Elmo.

Elmo sitting at the end of a rainbow.

What a wee cutie :D
    Enjoy the cruise Gemo :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, a dead loss :p:D

Well you and Elfy hoovering things from your laptops was pretty entertaining in a eewww kind of way......:D

Also meant to say that with all the dog talk that i had a dream the other night where i taught our old dog to say BUGGER OFF. :D It was the best dream i've had in ages :D
  • TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A picture of the 4 Cadbury's Cream egg i put into Flaky pastry and baked, they just look like eggs baked in pastry to me.:D

https://p.twimg.com/AqC_iXRCQAEVi9y.jpg

I think that looks absolutely delicious. I can imagine that going down well in coffee shops actually where they often have slightly bonkers combinations.

I want one *stamps foot*.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you and Elfy hoovering things from your laptops was pretty entertaining in a eewww kind of way......:D

Speaking of eewww, following on from my recent bee poo incident with the t shirt I forgot to say that even though it has been through the washing machine a couple of times the stain is still there :eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Also meant to say that with all the dog talk that i had a dream the other night where i taught our old dog to say BUGGER OFF. :D It was the best dream i've had in ages :D

That was very tame for you :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheElf wrote: »
    I think that looks absolutely delicious. I can imagine that going down well in coffee shops actually where they often have slightly bonkers combinations.

Think how pretty they would have looked covered in sprinkles :D
  • TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think how pretty they would have looked covered in sprinkles :D

Oh! Yes, that would be lovely! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of eewww, following on from my recent bee poo incident with the t shirt I forgot to say that even though it has been through the washing machine a couple of times the stain is still there :eek::D

Ewww, i still have that image imprinted on my brain :eek:
    To have it on my t-shirt is a different story altogether!!!!!
    I think it would quickly become my new' washing down fence panels before i painted them' cloth :eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was very tame for you :D

Well, we have to keep it clean on here :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ewww, i still have that image imprinted on my brain :eek:
    To have it on my t-shirt is a different story altogether!!!!!
    I think it would quickly become my new' washing down fence panels before i painted them' cloth :eek::D

Good thinking :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheElf wrote: »

You could be right there Elfy, you should start a Franchise and get Hicky to give you all the ideas! ......he may want a percentage of the profits though. :D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member

I am only joking. I thought they were magnificent but it is unlike you to not polish them all off. :D
    Littsis wrote: »

No, I did say earlier that it will be all right the first Tuesday because Rhys is on school holidays.
    Yes, I do know about Pets at Home. I did post on Friday or Saturday that I took him in there on Friday on the way home from Battersea. He was perfect, did not growl at any strangers or children. I didn't take him in today because I wanted to test him on his own in the car, and it was pouring with rain.
    We now have a cage fitted to the letter box to protect the postman. I have taken him for a walk along Chatham High Street. Indeed each of us has taken him out for a walk today.
    Yoshi not the postman.
    Yes, but you only clarified about next week earlier today, 25 hours after the original post that just said "Tuesdays" and that was the post i responded to. :p

I am livid. The television is disrupted yet again by "weather" or something. I have missed Coronation street twice and all i can get is the flaming Ahh bra channel.:mad:
This discussion has been closed.