Options

500GB HDD for Xbox 360 coming soon

2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
Forum Member
Well, better late than never I suppose but it was the worst option possible for expanding storage space on the console from a consumer perspective. Now we'll have to pay through the teeth to own one (hopefully they retail at a reduced rate to past drives), though I believe there are ways you can use your own so long as it's compatible.

Still if nothing else it's nice to see Microsoft offering upgrades this late into it's life, they clearly believe it has the legs to go on for some time yet. I just hope that one day they either give us a 1TB HDD or remove the USB external device limitation of 32GB. Either would be lovely :)

Comments

• Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    In the US there priced at $110 (About £66) which is a bit of a rip-off given how you can get a 1tb drive for less than that.
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/19/xbox-360-gets-a-500gb-media-hard-drive

I think using standard 2.5" drives is something Sony got right with PS3/PS4 as you have far more options & you can get plenty of space fairly cheap nowadays.
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    500 gig drive, which, knowing MS, there will be about 350 gig available space on it.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    So I see you guys are obviously excited for it then?
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it had come 2 years ago I'd be excited about it. But the end has come for my 360. Only the occasional last gen game (AC & Borderlands so far) are getting bought for it. Any cross-gen games are bought on current gen. So it's just there to get through the backlog now so I don't mind deleting and installing games.
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    So I see you guys are obviously excited for it then?

I retired my 360 nearly a year ago now.